Downloads @ File Planet

No there are free public servers at the bottom of the list (you may need to stand in line though) they sometimes take a minute or so to show up

fp.gif

If they dont show after a few minutes try hitting refresh and then wait or you may need to close and reselect the D/L link.

I have also had that problem with a few downloads on file planet. especialy if they are new. To this day I dont no why we are so dedicated to FP for our downloads. It also sucks that you cant use a download manager at FP eather. And there are better file services also that we dont use, and I dont no why. I suspect it may be a money or service thing. Someone is gettin ritch LOL

Oh god. I am sorry guys but I am so fed up of hearing this.

1. All the d/ls are FREE. If you don't see the free servers listed, refresh your browser - they are there.

2. There is a better (free) download service? Show me. Then show me a system that lets me get the mods YOU want uploaded to that system without you having to wait days.

3. Someone is getting rich? I don't think so, and if they are - it ain't me. I wish I had the time to calculate the Gigabites of mods and time I have spent personally uploading to FP so the fans can download and enjoy for free.

:angry:

I do apoligize for bringing up a subject that apparently

has been gone over and over. I meant no disrespect to

GR News. and to YOU -- Rocky.

I spend alot of time on your excellant site and have

learned much about GR thru your expertise.

:sheep:

(Howz dat for sucking up ...... hehehe)

No really, I meant what I said above,

and I did refresh my browser several times

but only got the pay-per-download

I'll have to check back

ReeseAFD

:D

Alternatively do what i did and pay for the full download service, its not a lot when i consider how many times i use FP, and its nice to put something back rather than expecting "freebies" all the time... :thumbsup:

I dont have to wait around either which is a bonus... :D

Oh yaa thats one scary clown on your Sig. Very creepy

Thanks!

(Long bit of history past, but that clown was my contribution to his first [bW] sig, back in the day.)

:rocky:

What you don't know is the story behind it. Mind you, most of that story would violate forum policy here, due to some unusual words and rather odd visuals. :shifty:

LOL, yep you can all blame Dannik for your nightmares, he dug it out for me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when, here's one of the original incarnation's....

zeb.jpg

I thought it would be a nice touch to continue the tradition by bringing him back again in my new sig....... :devil::D

Alternatively do what i did and pay for the full download service, its not a lot when i consider how many times i use FP, and its nice to put something back rather than expecting "freebies" all the time... :thumbsup:

I dont have to wait around either which is a bonus... :D

Who are you giving back to by subscribing to Fileplanet? Not to the modders who actually make the mods that's for sure. <_<

Hearing complaints about Fileplanet might be getting old but so is getting screwed over every other time I try to dl something from those idiots. Clicking on the dl links now brings me to some page about ign turbo downloads and gamespy and fileplanet....what it doesn't bring me to is the freaking download. :wall:

So i guess your giving money to the modders then are you ?, no ?, i thought not, so why are you asking me if i am , what relevence is that to whether i pay for my Fileplanet downloads or not, thats my personal choice, but obviously i will come and ask your permission next time i want to subscribe to something else......

I have had no problems with Fileplanet but i dont doubt that there are a lot of people who do, perhaps you need to send an arsey letter to them rather than criticise my decision to sign up.

Now, get it off your chest, i'm sure you have some more words of wisdom to share with us all........ <_<

As for alternatives. You guys might want to check out Bittorrent. (google search for it). It's software that allows people to host a small file and then basically, when you are downloading the file, you are also uploading to other people as well. It's becoming very popular. You get great download speeds and you are helping spread the file. Anyway, just a thought. :)