Can someone explain this???

I'm a newbie and don't know the general purpose for some of the soldiers, can someone help me???

What do u use SUPPORT for???

What do u use the sniper mainly for???

Is there any kind of training to go through to teach me to play???

What is the best weapon kits for: rifleman, sniper, support, and demo???

What is some advice for online playing???

1. Someone sure can, lol.

2. Well I do not use support at all except when joking with friends.

In my opinion support is useless against AI but might be helpful against other human players.

3. Use sniper to get your targets on greater distance and to cover your guys if need.

4. Well, the best training is to play and learn from your or from mistakes of other players.

5. You shall check and see what weapons suit You the best.

My choice is usually like this,

rifleman - socom/frags

demo - SA80/AT or demo charges or frags

support - PKM/frags

sniper - M24/M9 SD or frags

...and just to mention that OICW is the most powerful gun in this game so if You like...

6. Chose some respected servers. (as Alpha Squad's )

7. You should find it in manual that comes together with game. Even if You don't have any book then You should find some on CD which is probably installed in your Ghost Recon folder.

Hope it helped a little bit. :thumbsup:

Patriot

Edited by Patriot+SD

What do u use SUPPORT for???

Support is the member of your fire team with a '' light machine gun'' usually the M249,M60,M240,etc. They are used for cover fire and for taking out a group of numerous advancing enemies. Online its just a excuse to go crazy eith the full auto. :P

What do u use the sniper mainly for???

Taking out enemies in the distance or holding a point with a support expert.

Is there any kind of training to go through to teach me to play???

You can select training on the main menu. It tells you the basics of the controls and how to perform them.

What is the best weapon kits for: rifleman, sniper, support, and demo???

Kinda disputed since everyone has their preferences.

Rifleman: OICW or M4SD

Demoman: SA80 or M4

Support: Almost all the same really. I like the M240 and M60 :P

Sniper: ''7.62 sniper'' or M98

What is some advice for online playing???

Stay low'n'slow when you need to. Kinda stay back and watch people play or follow them around. All it takes is one shot most of the time to down you or them. PEEK :ph34r: .

...Can u also explain the A1 and all the commands...I don't know how to use them "correctly"

No one can. :lol: The AI deciedes when they want to fight right or not at all.

Recon: team stays low, holds fire,stops when enemy spotted,fires when need to protect self

Suppression: team fires at will (look out will!) and use explosives

Hold: team stops and seeks cover

Advance at all costs: team will run to any location

.......can't remember the others at the moment. lol

Edited by Zantar45

Sensors can be extra eyes if placed at good location.

You can use them on key intersections or near to your defending position or beside building that You going to enter or else. Like that You can see enemy placement or movements.

On the other hand claymore can be used for "entering" some door or if You like to ambush some patrol. Unfortunately in original GR there is no mines that can destroy tanks, :(

Patriot

Edited by Patriot+SD

My advice. Want to learn to play better then get into the game and try out the diffrent guns. Every gun (yes every gun) has the right time and place for it, so to discard one on the recomendations of others would be an injustice. Never know when that mp5 might come in handy. ;) All depends on your play style.

Are there silenced sniper rifles in the pc game??? :ph34r:

Besides the one on Island Thunder, there's also some mods out there with more silenced sniper rifles...

...of course there's always Igor...but hold off on him until you get more comfortable with the game.

DO the stat point for weapons, stealth, endurance, or leadership make any difference??? If so what does each do??? :rambo:

makes a huge difference man. anyway, you ought to read the manual or run a search on the forums. the short of it is, higher stats means better friendly AI action. weapon for likelihood of a direct hit on an enemy, endurance for the likelihood of hits being fatal, and stealth for the likelihood of the AI being spotted/heard by a tango. in my own opinion, ill stack up stats depending on soldier class. i like to rack up my riflemen with weapon skills, support guys with endurance, and snipers with stealth.

cheers mate. :thumbsup:

Here you go:

Forum Rule 3.15 - No playing at UBILobby!

:lol:

Ok, in all seriousness, try to get into some Co-op games. Basically, Humans against Enemy AI. That way, everybody works together for the objective - eliminate all tangos.

I'm not much of a fan with Adversarial-type gameplay. Too much run-and-gun for me.

Best advice I could give you is this:

[*] Play the entire campaign through in Single-Player.

[*] Learn to recognize and use cover (e.g. rocks, trees, etc).

[*] Walk, don't run. Stay crouched.

[*] Don't silhouette yourself on a backdrop.

[*] Fire single-shot or 3-round burst. Full auto gives you away much easier.

[*] Choose a suppressed rifle. It will minimize report and muzzle flash.

[*] Practice, practice, practice.

Good Luck Soldier. :thumbsup:

If I don't play at UBI where are some good websites??? :huh: Also I can't find very many Co-Op games for my version. :alien:

There's a free software named "The All-Seeing Eye" (ASE)it will find games server for u, much more efficient than UBI and u will find all sort of GR game over there.

when i go support i like to go with the M60, support isn't useless at all! people just don't realise what their meant to do with it.

it works a treat in team games, espicially when u use the M60, u can create cover fire so that the other team can't more or u can strafe an area of bushland that they might be hiding in, you will ALWAYS knock em down too, if you are prone when firing at em with the M60.

here are the weapons that i like...

rifleman: ak47+nades / socom (only on sd missions)

demo: m4+nades

support: m60+nades

sniper: L96A1 +nades

.....buy the strategy guide and read it cover to cover....play thru the training levels in the game until you have them mastered...then play the first mission over and over using different guns,tactics and squad sizes...but remember...this is not a run and gun.....you must be patient and take your time and develop a solid strategy to complete your objectives....in doing so you will learn to play the game correctly and not get overly frustrated......play single player alot before spending alot of time online.....playing against human opponents is MUCH harder than anything you'll see in single player......when you develop your squad(s), think about how many guys you really need.....taking 6 all the time will result in alot of KIA'S.......also, once you determine the total soldiers needed, take time to think about how they will be arranged into squads....my general tactics outdoors is:

1)-scout ahead with sniper

2)-cover/conceal until all teams are in position

3)-suprise enemy

4)-hit enemy with overwhelming force in a cross fire

Thats ideal.Sometimes it works other times it does not, just like real life. Be careful how many guys you take indoors. AI tend to not be able to negotiate doorways, corners and so forth very well. Silienced wepaons are great, but they have reduced killing power. Some require several shots to drop an enemy.

Good luck!!!! :o=:thumbsup:

Edited by ghost gamer

QUOTE (BrandonKappel @ Mar 16 2004, 21:39 )

Thanks,

I just started playing online and it is FUN. The only problem is everybody wants to kill me. Does anyone have any pointers on how to kick these peoples asses?

this post really ought to go into some sort of hall of fame.

I really enjoyed this, my thoughts exactly. Reminded me of virgin Bamby in the big forest. lol :devil:

I find that GR's AI is so good that some missions I replay from a different angle (maybe different weapons, more stealth or lure the enemy etc) and get a totally new exprerience.