Still having Problems!!!

Hey guys,

I am still having the problem I posted yesterday. After an hour online with the wizards as Sprint, I still cant' host a game for my buddies and I as they still can't connect. I have disabled my software firewalls, I have forwarded the appropriate ports on the modem, and he still can't connect. I even went as far as opening all ports on the modem and he still couldn't make contact. I have bugged Dannik to death about this so now I am coming back to the forum at large for some help. Any network/modem/router gurus out there that can come up with any ideas?

collector

Actually, JP, on that note...

What make/model of DSL modem do you have? It may be easier for someone with more technical experience to simply look up the device specs and Sprint's technical docs and see if there isn't anything else that the router side of the modem is messing with.

Gah.

It looks like Sprint is doing whatever it can to prevent you from hosting.

Router forwards to the IP of the modem. Modem has a DHCP server which assigns your LAN IP.

*shakes head*

I'm not sure, but I think this means the router portion is port forwarding, but to the modem portion (all in the same device) which has an assigned IP, which is different from your Miniport IP, which may be DHCP, and your LAN IP. :blink:

I mean, it makes sense, in some twisted way, but... but...

I can't parse this tonight, but hopefully someone a bit further west of EST will have the time and knowhow to figure it. If not, I'll try to find Sprint's docs tomorrow.

Ok, now i feel really stupid. I was getting off here a minute ago, so I was starting BlackIce for the overnight so that i could see if anything was getting through the modem's security. (Here's the part your'e gonna laugh at) I went to my programs menu and started the BlackIce engine only to find that it was already running. I had clicked on exit on the tray icon not realizing that the command only closes the icon there, not the service. SOOOOOOOOOOO, the eye is yellow when it comes up, SOOOOOOOOOOO, I look at the intruder log and low and behold whose IP address is showing as a blocked request, that's right, my buddy's. It looks like I opened the right ports and he got through the modem only to be stopped by BlackIce...

I am a big old dumb ass!!!

Collector