Silent Hunter III

Dick Splash

I'm so looking forward also.

Though this is the 3rd time UBI have released those beta screenies, only to pull it from schedule. Don't know what they are up to.

Just don't do another Harpoon 4!!

Was waiting for over 2years for that before the pulled the carpet finally.

Anyone here still play SH2/DC?

SH2 has MP and it came with the interop patch that even allows for use with DC. I got to sink a sub as a destroyer commander one time. I rammed it, by sheer luck, but it was a kill. :)

Sweet! Lets get a little sub team going when the time comes. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anything on this puppy.

Only news I have on Dangerous Waters is HERE which is few months old.

This was from end of dec 03.

Ahoy Wee Boz !

The news many of you have been waiting for is here!

Sonalysts Combat Simulations is unveiling news about their upcoming naval game, Dangerous Waters.

-- Screenshots

-- Features

-- Platforms

-- Interview

-- New Sonalysts Combat Simulations Website

-- Free copies of the game

Steer a course for Subsim Review to get the scoop: CLICK HERE!

Subsim will give away five copies of Sonalysts' Combat Simulations upcoming multi-platform naval sim, Dangerous Waters!

Click here to enter

That's all for now, remember to hold on when you hear the splashes.

Good hunting!

Subsim Review

www.subsim.com

Subsim.com - The Web's #1 Naval and Subsim Resource since 1997.

Tanksim.com - "Ground Zero for all Tank Sims and Games"

Helosim.com - Helicopter games and news

The Subsim Newsletter reaches over 18,640 people

CORRECTION:

NEWS JUST IN:

Ahoy Wee Boz !

A quick update on Sonalysts Combat Simulations' new naval game: Dangerous Waters. John [JCal] Callaham at HomeLANFed.com has just published a revealing interview with Producer Jamie Carlson that covers the campaign model, mission editor, and weapons systems, plus new screenshots!

Dangerous Waters Interview HERE

Check it out! And if you like what you see, be sure to let JCal hear about it: jcal@homelanfed.com

Naval sims succeed by word of mouth, we can get the message across if we work together.

That's all for now, remember to hold on when you hear the splashes.

Good hunting!

Subsim Review

www.subsim.com

Subsim.com - The Web's #1 Naval and Subsim Resource since 1997.

Tanksim.com - "Ground Zero for all Tank Sims and Games"

Helosim.com - Helicopter games and news

• 4 months later...

I thought this looked amazing at E3 and September's PC Gamer (US) has recently had hands on. They're obviously excited about it, commenting on the gameplay and its graphical beauty. There's a 'hardcore' mode too, which will be a real treat for fans. :thumbsup:

DS

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Great news, PC Gamer (US) June 2005, has just given it a 90%.

HIGHS

Limitless play value in dynamic campaign; impressive graphics: rich atmosphere.

LOWS

Crew allocation rules are a drag; 1.2 patch a near necessity for multiplay.

BOTTOM LINE

Truly a military sim for everyone hardcore, and casual players alike.

DS :thumbsup:

Saw this from Daddldiddl over at SES, i dont know if anyones still looking to raise their screen resolution ?......

"If anyone wants to play in a screen resolution >1024x768 it IS possible: thanks to a modified directx9 dll you can place in your game folder (guess once who made it).

Note: there is no need to crack your game to apply this, it works perfectly fine with the original game!

Here's how you do it:

Download the modified directx9 dll

If you have WinXP SP2 you also need the application compatibility toolkit by M$

Now you need to extract the dx9res archive into your SH3 folder and create & install a profile with the compatibility toolkit. Here's how the latter is done (taken from the english UBI forums):"

Download and install the Application Compatibility Toolkit from Microsoft.

After it is installed, on the start menu, go to "All Programs/Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 4.0/Tools" and run the Compatibility Administrator.

When the program opens, make sure New Database is highlighted under Custom Databases, and click the Fix button.

In the "Name of program to be fixed" box, type SH3. Now, click the browse button, and select the sh3.exe in your SH3 install directory.

Click Next.

Under "Operating System Modes" select None.

Click Next.

In the "Compatibility Fixes" box, check DelayDLLInit, and click the Parameters button.

In the "Command Line" box, type d3d9.dll and click OK. (You can click the "Test Run" button to make sure it is working.)

Click Next.

Click Finish.

Click the Save button, name it SH3, and click OK.

On the File menu, select Install.

Close the Compatibilty Administrator.

Enjoy SH3.

"The screen resolution is set in the config file that comes with the modified dll. I assume this also works with other games that have a fixed screen resolution!

This works fine on my machine, and I can't see any slow downs because of the higher resolution at 1280x960."

The whole post: SES Forums.

Anyone recommend any good sub movies from the WWII era?

If you're into SHIII, then look no further than the 80's German film 'Das Boot'. A long subtitled film, which gives one a real insight into the comradiery of the crew, the claustrophobia of being aboard a sub, and the futility and stupidity of war. It's supposed to be a true story too.

The only others I can remember are Hollywood numbers from the 50's and 60's, and typically feature a US sub in the Pacific.

Oh!.......BTW.....avoid the recent U571.....it's poop. :yes:

DS

I have done quit a bit of research on Uboats. I have also been to the Uboat museum in Bremen. One thing about Das Boot everyone agrees upon. That constant screaming did not take place. Such an action allowed surface sonar operators to easily locate submarines. You have to understand that Bucheim, who wrote the book, is absolutelly despised by the Uboat community and a great deal of license was taken by Bucheim.