oscar

jeffery

I'm pleased for Peter Jackson - it is recognition for (at least) 6 years hard work.

But I was sad to see so many good films miss out on an Oscar this year - many of which were plainly better than any of the LotR trilogy. Lost in Translation managaed to grab Best Original Screenplay, but quite how Bill Murray lost out to Sean Penn I'll never know. Proof once more that comedy acting will never be recognised by The Acadamy in anything less than a "Lifetime Achievement" rap.

Cold Mountain, Mystic River, Sea Biscuit - all badly under-represented in the prize stakes.

Yeah, i saw it, congrats to you ozzies.

I was a bit confused about the lack of variations among the nominees. LotR, M&C, Mistic River and Cold Mountain all the way.

btw; anyone saw it on the BBC? Whats it with the gay-thing? At the end of this 4 hour broadcast i really could shoot mister Jonathan Ross and his panel. <_<

Edited by BlueRose_76

I thought Robin Williams handily upstaged Billy Crystal in his short but funny segment. :) I'm glad to see that LoTR won in every category for which it was nominated. The sheer scale of the film created technical and artistic challenges that none of the other films last year even came close to rivaling. I can't believe Seabiscuit was even nominated for anything. What a dumb movie. :(

I can't believe Seabiscuit was even nominated for anything. What a dumb movie. :(

:o Did you even watch it?

I saw it flying from Chicago to Sacramento on a tiny little screen, listening to it through cheap head phones, and still thought it was good.

Go LOtH!! :thumbsup::devil:

And I do think there was atleast one aussie getting an oscar, for best animated short. That's the bloke that at the end of his speach thanked his boyfriend :blink::x If he wasn't out of the closet before than then he sure as h*ll is now!

:P hobit come from new zealand

ozzies best actors is a kiwi russ crowe

BlueRose_76

you should know better be dutch able tasman was a dutchman [the guy

who find new zealand ]

and new zealand is name after zealand in holland ;)

Edited by jeffery

ok

ok

BlueRose_76, please pay attention to our dyslexic Kiwi, lest ye start a "war" (not a flame war mind you) between everyone from New Zealand and everyone else.

ok..

you should know better be dutch able tasman was a dutchman [the guy

who find new zealand ]

and new zealand is name after zealand in holland  

ok..

edit; i always though Abel Tasman was named after the tasmanian devil

:P

Edited by BlueRose_76

Major Maximum have you take a book and try turn into

a sceenplay and try to stay truth to the book

the fx was cg design by weta they make new software

and new way of design battle of 10.000 troop

just get the right cast film ,3movie back to back

in new zealand. get a whole a nation behind it

every kiwi has a friend or friend of friend who in lotor

and you think this is no big thing

Word for word from the book is what LOTR fans wanted. The side effect of PJ also adding high quality production values only increases the value of the film.

Sure, he didn't write it. He artistically interpreted the work and presented it in a beautiful manner.

:lol: iam sorry but pj has done so much for new zealand

you forget pj got the oscar for the 3 movies not just one

other wise he would have won for the last 3 years

but 90% of movies are basies on books

master and comm was lotor ect