Looking for tips on choosing a Clan

Buzz

:wacko: This has probably already been posted, if so, please direct me.

I've been browsing this forum for a few days now, and have found a lot of helpful information about GR. Thank you!

I'm a noobie to multiplayer action and have played mostly on ubisoft and a few dedicated servers whose ip's I've managed to find. I found a bunch more through various forums and plan to give them a try as time allows.

I've seen a large number of clan servers and players throughout the multiplayer games, (was often waxed by them in gameplay as well) and found myself wondering what it takes to join a clan.

a) How does a person find the clan that is best for them? It seems there are so many out there. How do I know which is best for me to try and join? Is there a list with that clan's philosophies or game plays?

b) When I apply to join, what kind of requirements / tests are there if any? I am living in Japan and because of the time difference am wondering if that would be a hinderance to regularly scheduled clan activities.

c) Should I join a clan? What are some of the common benefits in joining?

I appreciate any help with my questions. Thank you in advance!

Buzz

I'm a noobie to multiplayer action

We all are or were...

a) How does a person find the clan that is best for them? It seems there are so many out there. How do I know which is best for me to try and join? Is there a list with that clan's philosophies or game plays?

The best way is to visit squad/clan web site and see what they have to say about themselves. That is first step.

Second move is to visit their GR server and play with them so You can see if You can go along with people from that squad.

Also speak with them and see what they expect from You and what You can expect from them. Like that You can avoid some misunderstandings.

b) When I apply to join, what kind of requirements / tests are there if any? I am living in Japan and because of the time difference am wondering if that would be a hinderance to regularly scheduled clan activities.

As I said You should speak and see when squad has a practice time.

In my opinion the best for You will be to join some squad that is in or close to your time zone so like that You can make sure timing will be no problem.

Same question that I made some time ago.

Answer: Yes You should join some squad but not any squad!

Make list of squads that You would like to enter in and make selection.

Benefits?

First, great experience of team play. Something that You will never be able to get in single player.

Second, competition. As member You will probably be able to enter with your team in some tournament or ladder competition.

I would advice You to join some coop squad but again that depends of You and your desires.

What I didn't mention and what is number one in my opinion is friendship.

As member of SpecialDetachment +SD I got great friends and comrades either on the field and out.

Sure thing there is more but I believe some other guys will make posts as well so I'll stop here and say Good Luck to You and your new squad.

Patriot

Edited by Patriot+SD

Patriot+SD made some good points so I won't repeat too much but I would like to add a couple of other things to think about.

1) Whats there ethos, How do the feel about things like cheating, spawn killing, camping, nade spamming abusive language etc. although nearly all clans are anti cheating those other issues vary alot.

2) how much commitment does the clan require & are they flexible.

3) Are they Noobie friendly & play for fun or only play to win.

To be honest all those points should be fairly obvious after you've visited & browsed there websites but the thing you must do is pop in on there server & play with them a few times to see if you gell with them. It's only then that you'll really know if there a group your gonna make freinds with & enjoy battleing with.

was often waxed by them in gameplay as well

I'd put this down to one or all of these reasons.

1) Your new to online GR & even if you've mastered Single play you will struggle with experienced online gamers because they know the spawn zones, The good spots to check & camp, The frequently used routes etc. but you don't yet. Don't worry if you can relate to this that will soon change with experience. :yes:

2) the clan your playing with will be useing voice communication & will know what each other are doing & going to do so they can form a structured attack. :ph34r:

3) They've been playing alot longer. Don't worry you'll soon catchem up :thumbsup:

Hope that helps matey Good luck & I hope you find a clan that fits.

Feel free to check our clan. TAW Website :whistle:

:wacko: This has probably already been posted, if so, please direct me.

I've been browsing this forum for a few days now, and have found a lot of helpful information about GR. Thank you!

I'm a noobie to multiplayer action and have played mostly on ubisoft and a few dedicated servers whose ip's I've managed to find. I found a bunch more through various forums and plan to give them a try as time allows.

I've seen a large number of clan servers and players throughout the multiplayer games, (was often waxed by them in gameplay as well) and found myself wondering what it takes to join a clan.

I appreciate any help with my questions. Thank you in advance!

Buzz

Well how I found my clan was I looked at their site. A clan's site tells alot about the clan,if they are dedcated,elite,mature.etc. etc. If you are looking for a clan try USVN heres the linkUSVN

1st step is ask...2nd check there game server and see how they are, 3rd is check there website and see what you think. I am a clan leader of Attackforcez, probably seen our server on ubi and all seeing eye... AFZ PUBLIC EXECUTION. Stop by and play with us sometime, usually on after 9pm. Most clans also want you to have a broadband connection and a decent ping to there server. That is important to the clan as you can play on there server and on others in matches and such without getting disconnected. Also some clans have preferences with co-op or team. Mine plays team mainly but also tests missions and such in the spare time but mainly are focused on team play as the ai can get a little predictable after running a mission the 1st few times.

I guess that with all the clans out there it would be a tough choice on which one is for you.

1st thing i would look for is what type of caln you are looking for. Either a CO-OP or Team Vs Team. this will help to narrow down the list some.

2nd Follow the advice above, look at the clans site and get in some game time with them.

Just My .02

One more question that I hope people can help with.

Does anyone know if there are any clans based in Asia and more specifically in Japan? I'm currently living here and it would be nice to have a clan in my time zone to join and practice with.

THanks again!

Buzz