Osama Bin Laden...

Dan

Osama bin Laden cornered: report

Feb 22, 2004

US and British special forces have cornered al-Qaeda leader Osama bin  Laden in a mountainous area in northwest Pakistan, near the Afghanistan border, the Sunday Express newspaper reported.

Quoting "a US intelligence source", it said bin Laden and "up to 50 fanatical henchmen" were inside an area 16km wide and deep "north of the town of Khanozai and the city of Quetta".

"He is boxed in," the unidentified source was quoted by the tabloid as saying, adding that US special forces were "absolutely confident" that he could not escape.

According to the source, bin Laden moved into the area, "in the desolate Toba Kakar mountains", about one month ago from another area 240km to the south, the Sunday Express said.

Al-Qaeda is held responsible for the September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon which killed nearly 3,000 people in 2001.

More recently, it has been suspected of supporting insurgent attacks on US forces in Iraq.

On Thursday, General Richard Meyers, chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff, said US forces were engaged in "intense" efforts to capture bin Laden, but held back from saying where he might be hiding.

"There are areas where we think it is most likely he is, and they remain the same," said Meyers, who was speaking to reporters in Washington.

"They haven't changed in months," said Myers.

Asked whether the al-Qaeda leader was believed to be in Pakistan, the general replied: "Don't know that. We think in that border region somewhere. We don't know where it is precisely."

Taken from HERE

Well well well, the things that happen while you sleep!!

This is going to be interested, what will he do next?

Fight to the death?

Run away?

Explode?

Surrender :o<_<

Other news links:

Mystery over new hunt for Bin Laden (Independent.co.uk)

Osama Bin Laden Detected in Pakistan's Northwest (Bloomberg)

Report claims bin Laden 'cornered' (A.B.C)

US scotches reports on bin Laden's capture (deepikaglobal)

Someone is in one Hell of a ###### storm right now. An 18km area is really small when the US and UK are after you. Too much ordanance can fall in that small area. Couldn't be happening to a better person.

Stout Hearts

=UE=Warhawk

Osama bin Laden cornered: report

Feb 22, 2004

US and British special forces have cornered al-Qaeda leader Osama bin  Laden in a mountainous area in northwest Pakistan, near the Afghanistan border, the Sunday Express newspaper reported.

Quoting "a US intelligence source", it said bin Laden and "up to 50 fanatical henchmen" were inside an area 16km wide and deep "north of the town of Khanozai and the city of Quetta".

"He is boxed in," the unidentified source was quoted by the tabloid as saying, adding that US special forces were "absolutely confident" that he could not escape.

According to the source, bin Laden moved into the area, "in the desolate Toba Kakar mountains", about one month ago from another area 240km to the south, the Sunday Express said.

Al-Qaeda is held responsible for the September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon which killed nearly 3,000 people in 2001.

More recently, it has been suspected of supporting insurgent attacks on US forces in Iraq.

On Thursday, General Richard Meyers, chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff, said US forces were engaged in "intense" efforts to capture bin Laden, but held back from saying where he might be hiding.

"There are areas where we think it is most likely he is, and they remain the same," said Meyers, who was speaking to reporters in Washington.

"They haven't changed in months," said Myers.

Asked whether the al-Qaeda leader was believed to be in Pakistan, the general replied: "Don't know that. We think in that border region somewhere. We don't know where it is precisely."

Taken from HERE

Well well well, the things that happen while you sleep!!

This is going to be interested, what will he do next?

Fight to the death?

Run away?

Explode?

Surrender :o<_<

Other news links:

Mystery over new hunt for Bin Laden (Independent.co.uk)

Osama Bin Laden Detected in Pakistan's Northwest (Bloomberg)

Report claims bin Laden 'cornered' (A.B.C)

US scotches reports on bin Laden's capture (deepikaglobal)

I havent heard anyone talk about this on the TV about this

Edited by Joker_USVN

Guest SI-Prozac

Is it me or does the "news" *cough*cough*Fox*Cough*

make it seem like that the iraqi police dont know what they are doing?

They make it seem like (at least to me) that the iraqi forces dont know how to do anything.

seen that on tv yesterday and upset me a lil bit.

brings to mind this quote

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

- General George Patton Jr

Just because the news doesn't run an item doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.

A regular poster on another board I read was killed in a helo incident this past week. According to the Master Chief, " This may not sound like much, but the LtCDR was severly wounded while in flight, his helo suffered significant damage and despite his wounds he fired on the enemy and got his bird far enough away from the hot zone to bring it and his crew down in relative safety. His junior (Co-pilot) was in a state of panic and he kept his cool. I just wanted you to know that much. I have read the full report and he did his service proud."

I havent heard anyone talk about this on the TV about this

TV isn't the source for all news :thumbsup:

I find it hard to beileve that this is for real because I'm sure if it was CNN would be replaying the story for the 3 months

because it isnt real. They have an IDEA where he might be, just like they've had ideas for the past 2 years. The only reporting on this story i've seen is a U.S military build up, with the U.S military saying they arent sure where he is, to make a strong push to get him before elections are held (no not Iraq's elections).

Fact that it aint on the news is cos there arnt any TV journos there.

Interent news and the Radio have it, cos army press releases were given out.

It was mentioned on my local TV (its the ABC link in my first post)

But there isnt any footage, and not alot of details, so there is nothing to show

But there isnt any footage, and not alot of details, so there is nothing to show

then why have various U.S military officers denied it?

then why have various U.S military officers denied it?

The military denys everything bro :ph34r:

You think that just because the military brass denies it, it isn't valid?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh.. whew. I'm done. No, I'm not..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

read from the beginning... the report at the beginning has an unknown military source confirming it...the u.s is making a build up for a push before elections...now try to apply that information to common sense. :rofl: