Sniper: Last Man Standing

Killer_Joe101

Tuesday, high noon, 01200.

I'd been told to cover this position. My squad had gone to investigate an area ahead. Tangoes had been spotted on the way here though, at the time, they presented no real threat and they never spotted us. But, nontheless, I had to cover this area just in case one of 'em tryed to attack our flank. My squad consisted of a rifleman, a support, and me, the sharpshooter. Bravo, which consisted of two rifleman, and a demolitions expert, had been whiped out in fierce firefight in town a little while ago. They went down as heroes, covering our backs as we escaped the city through a blown out alleyway. We ran until we heard Bravo say they had spotted enemy armor. I knew it was over. They had no anti-tank weapons. I listened in horror as I stared in at the city through my scope, hoping I could pop a couple o' bogies. Anything to give Bravo a chance to meet up with us. But I knew it was futile. I lowered my weapon and listened to the last few seconds of those courageous mens' lifes. We turned and ran a little ways when we found a small house. We popped some grenades into the windows to get rid of any skinnies that might have been in the house. Inside we found some goods and restocked. I peered out of my scope at the landscape that we just covered. Roughly one mile maybe two of solid earth. Thats when my squad left to find the next objective and sweep the next area cleean of tangoes, leaving me alone with the fear of being captured and standing alone against a tank and countless boggies. It had been an hour since I had been abandoned. I hadn't seen anything through my scope for a while so decided I'd take a rest. Maybe smoke me a cig or eat something. It was high noon and I was being scortched alive and the gun was burning my hands. Not long after my cigerette, my eyes got heavy and I was almost asleep when I heard my squad calling for help. I grabbed my gun and ran out of the house as fast as I could. I had traveled a good ways when i started feeling uneasy. I went prone and roled in the dirt a little while to give me a little bit of camo. I surveyed the area. Obviously, I was smack dab in the middle of a large revine that ran from the city to a small mining villiage. The revine had no trees, plants or foilage of any kind. Just hard caked mud. However, on either side of the revine was a large forest. This what i was afraid of. I was a sitting duck. I heard a shot ring out and I jumped as it hit the ground beside me and riqucheted off the mud. I quickly focused my scope and surveyed the under level foilage for some kind of out line, movement, or sign of an enemy presence. Suddenly something flashed at the top of my vision range. Another shot riqucheted off the mud except this time I heard a scream and something fall to the ground behind me. one tango down. I focused my scope on the area where the shot had came from and waited a second or two while I drew out an outline. I squeezed the trigger and, almost imidiatly, my bullet found it's resting place in the tangoes head. :snipe: Target number two eliminted.:rambo: I lowered my weapon and congradulated myself. Obviously, these two snipers, probably fresh from the acadamy, had been put here to guard the revine while supplies continued to arive in the small town ahead. They weren't expecting another sniper to come along and teach them what they obviously didn't learn in boot camp, don't give away your position. I stood and continued slowly, keeping my guard up, down the revine toward the villiage, toward my comrades, desperatly hoping they were still alive. . .

:guns:

yea, i know. It doesn't sound like a mission there are some things I put in there that made it sound real. I just put in the eyes of a sniper in a real situation like that. But, the sequence of events happened in order on the mission. give me some replies on what u think.

Please read, Sniper:Last Man Standing-Part One, first.

It had been about thirty minutes since the two snipers had fallen to my rifle.It was so hot. My hands were trimbling because of the burning handle on the rifle. My head felt like fire even with my hat on. My back felt like it was boiling. I was almost to the end of the revine and I hadn't heard anything from my squad. My faith was beginning to detirierate. I just hoped that they were alive. If theywere it was up to me to save them. I could see the outline of the villiage. Apparently, it had been around for a while. It still had a wall around it, though it was heavily corroded. some soldiers were on the parts of the wall that were still standing. Ten men, five on each side of the entrance into the city. I was just out of their vision range.beyond that, I could faintly see three houses, one large house and two smallerone on either side. And the land was arid though it did have dead, brown grass. In order to get in undetected I had to take out those guards. I slowly eased into the forest on the eastern side of the revine. The first five gurds were in the vision of my scope. All in line too. I could pick them off with ease, one after the other. I cocked my rifle and fired one shot. Target number one eliminated. Went down with a shot in the head. I let the spent shell fly out as I cocked the chamber cover back again, preparing another bullet for it's flight. The next three were just as easy, one going down screaming until I silenced him once and for all.:snipe: The fifth guard, however, wasn't as easy. He had found a spot where he was well hidden. And somehow he seemed to have located my position. I had to get to higher ground somehow. I eased over just a bit to see if he fired. Surprisingly, he didn't. I had accomplished what all snipers wish to accomplish: Hide your outline from your enemy. As long as I didn't make any fast or sudden movements. It took me about five minutes to get to higher ground. Now, the tango's head was just above the parrepet of the wall. He then stood, probably realizing that nothing was there. I took my opperotunity. I fired a well place shot in the back of his head. Hate to see that exit wound. I rolled back into the revine, popping the last five gurads who were all cuttled together in spot, probably panic stricken. I stood. With the guards out of the way, I was a shadow with the element of surprise on my side. The town was probably crawling with soldiers so I climbed a tree to take a look. Protected by the parrepet, I had a full view of the town. Surprisingly, there weren't many guards on post. Two were on patrol and three were asleep by an explosives truck, a burning barrel and beer bottles in the center of their little circle. I planned my strategy out carefully. I would take out the patrol guards when they were on alternate paths. Then I would simply shoot one of the barrels in the explosives truck and take out thethree sleeping guards. From there, I would inspect the three houses in hopes of finding my squad. The first patrolman was coming in my direction now. Number two had his back turned. I pulled off a shot in the head, thanking God for my silencer. I took the other one out in the face as he was turning. The explosives truck was idle. I just shot one of the barrels and it exploded, illuminateing the night and the villiage and setting the three soldiers aflame. it was a grusome specticle to behold as I set there soaking in my victory and staring at the carnage.:rambo: The soldiers werecertainly dead by now, their faces melted of the bone. Suddenly, the door to the larger house oppened and two men stepped out. They appeared to be wearing camo. My camo. "Hey, Joe, is that you?" It was my squad. But it didn't sound like one of mine. I focused my scope on them. They stared back. Is it my squad or am I being deceived? At all costs I must let them find me and not give my position away...

Tuesday, Sunset, 01945

It was nearly nightfall and I had found my squad, supposedly. over the past five hours I had covered a lot of terrain. Right now, I was on a jagged cliffside overlooking a large river valley. I was in a thicket of trees, sitting of the limb of a palm tree. In the valley there sat a small, abandoned village. It had apparently never been discovered by the enemy. The two men whom I hoped were my squad had made camp there for the night. God was with me this day. This was my cahnce to retrace my steps back to the mining village, roughly 3 miles west of here. There, I could retrieve the ammo of the dead enemies at the camp and further investigate the area for clues of whether or not those two men were in fact my squad or, If not, what might have happened to my squad. I stared like an eagle through my scope at the two soldiers. They knew I was somewhere, but they had no idea how close. . .

02200, Nightfall

Finally, my long hours of patience had paid off. They were sound asleep, snoozing like babies. This was my chance, I had to slip by unnoticed, like a shadow. I clibmed down from the tree and headed past the town and up a narrow rocky path where I could see the two men even as I backtracked our periless journey through the wilderness hours ago. I finally reached the mining village after pasing waterfalls, mountains, and streams and going through thickets of underbrush and tall palm trees. It was a burnt wastland of filth and rotting flesh. I spotted the house and ran inside it. no enemy soldiers were there except for the ones hung on the wall by large hooks and hanging from the ceiling from chains. It appeared that a large fight or riot had gone on in here. Perhaps a riot of friendly soldiers attemping to meet up with thier lost comrade. Or perhaps not. Perhaps the two soldiers escaping were enemy troops and on their way out decided to teach the soldiers a lesson. So they strug 'em and hung 'em and then mowed 'em down. Either way, these guys were dead. I was turning to leave when I noticed something shiny inside one of the soldiers' necks. i reached for it and when I did, a small piece of paper fell out of the body's hand. I picked it up and read, "Joe, it's Danny. If your reading this, you've infiltrated the enemy camp, I suppose. Steve and myself have managed to escape the enemy for the time being, although this place is crawling with skinnies. Anywhere beyond this point is probably enemy territory so don't go attacking some sweet, juicy, fresh looking military base head-on and certainly don't spoil the fun for us. I suppose you have seen the enemy soldiers in the cabin. It had been about four hours since we had been caught and interrigated. They had left us there to rot after stealing our clothes and weapons. All the rest of the soldiers that were left laughed at us and spat in our faces and made fun of us. The two that had left which I suppose u have found by now, are not us. They are the enemy. You need to take them out as soon as possible. When the cabin guards had went to sleep, we started a riot. We wrapped chains around the enemy's necks and while they were hanging we beat them and spat on their faces and called them names. We hung some of them on the all by hooks and played dart games. Knives were used instead of darts and their bodies were the boards. We then took thier clothes and gear and on the way out we unleashed a rainstorm of bullets on their bodies. We escaped the town through a cave hidden by a lot of underbrush in the mountain at the back of the town. It goes on for about half a mile or so and opens on the other side onto a narrow cliffside above an enemy base. We managed to travel undetected into an alcove in the side of a cliff face. Then, I came back to the town and put this note inde the enemy's hands. Take out the two soldiers that escaped and meet up with us at the base of the river close to an abandoned town. Be agile, mobile and hostile! Hoozah, Joe, Hoozah! Carry on!" So, it all came down to it. My squad was alive and on thier way to the abandoned town and the impersonaters had to be taken out before they found Danny and Steve. As I turned to leave, I thanked God that I was alive. . .

First B. and now you? There were very few typos. couldn't have been snake.

I know but there is something in there that I just can't put a finger on. I get mildly irritated reading it yet I won't stop. Maybe that's the similarity! The irritation may be caused by a lack of paragraph breaks though.

Oh, for the love of Pete ! !

It's a good story. Not a competition, yet ! !

Although give chems and zjj time, and I'm sure it will be ! ! :devil:

First B. and now you? There were very few typos. couldn't have been snake.

I know but there is something in there that I just can't put a finger on. I get mildly irritated reading it yet I won't stop. Maybe that's the similarity! The irritation may be caused by a lack of paragraph breaks though.

Oh, for the love of Pete ! !

It's a good story. Not a competition, yet ! !

Although give chems and zjj time, and I'm sure it will be ! ! :devil:

I'll freely admit that the winter is having it's way with my mind these days. The next month is when I really start to lose it so it may just be me. I need to be locked away from people around this time of year because everything grates on me. Many apologies. :notworthy:

Wednesday, Dawn, 0600

They were right below me. I was in the window of the top storey of a house in the abandoned town, whom I had dubbed "City of the Dead. It had a eerie resilience to it. You always felt like you were being watched by something or someone. But these guys had no clue how close I was. They were just getting up and when the first stood, BAM! I popped him. :snipe: Went down with a hole in the head. However, the other one managed to escape in a nearby building. O no! This what I had feared. Now I was the hunted once again. I didn't have much of a chance with an M9, but I had to fight for my life, for Danny and Steve, for the Bravo team.I quickly ran to a wall and put my back to it. Cautiously I peeked around it. It appeared to be a hall, a long hall, so long I couldn't see the other side. He could be waiting there in the darkness, ready to pounce at any moment. Just to be sure, I fired three of my nine rounds into the darkness, one on the outside right, one in the middle, and one on the outside left. Nothing. Now, I had given away my position. I had to move away quickly. I could hear his footsteps. Finding the nearest spot, I hung from the window ledge as he entered the room. If I dropped he would mow me down. But, if I was quick, I could take him down with four stratigically places shots. Prepareing myself, I counted to three. One, two, three. On three, I lifted myself up while arming myself with the pistol, and surprisingly he was turned around. I walk quietly up behind him and grabbed him and put the small firearm to his head. " I'm gonna be straight forward and simple, where is the rest of my squad?", I said. " Wouldn't you like to know?", he answered ina sarcastic tone. I hit him in the side of his head with my gun. " Tell me, you ignorent son of a gun." "Alright, alright. Just don't shoot. They're in the largest house in the villiage west of here." "Ha! That's what you think. They have escaped and are on their way here right now. Maybe I should bring them a going away present." " No, please. I'll do anything." Anything?" "Anything." "Ok. You will do as I say from now on. Is that clear? I wnt you to give me more information on that military base over the mountain there," I said as I pointed to a plateau to my left, in the east. " Is it heavily armed?" "Maybe. It all depends. Right now the soldiers are waking up probably. So it'll be crawling with guards. At noon the soldiers leave for the mess hall. and only a few stay out as lookouts." That would be the time that Danny, Steve, and myself would strike." Thank you. Now I'll give one minute to run away. After that, I'm coming after you. Got it?" "Clear as crystal." I let him go and he ran and ran. Across the courtyard, out of the city of the dead, and along the river bank. I pulled out my riffle and he dropped at the base of the plateau. I ran down the stairs and across the river where two enemy soldiers were sitting. It was my squad. I tapped one on the sholder and said, "Danny?" He started laughing and turned and I staring in the face of the enemy. Both armed with assault rifles pointing in my direction. I layed down my weapons. I was trapped like a soldier in the scope of a sniper. " Are you talking about those two nucleheads in that alcove?," he asked. " They're dead." I stared in horror and cryed. My squad whom I had searched for all this time was dead and I was prisoner to the enemy. My faith in the life of my squad could no waver and die. I would escape that base and find them. I know they are alive, but somehow, I must keep myself alive . . .