Ghost Recon's Petition for an Anti-Cheat!

One of the most disappointing things of Ghost Recon today is the fact that it's so saturated in an anarchy riot of cheaters. The producers of Kidbuster Anti-Cheat have told us for the longest time, "Soon, we will have a new version that works soon." It's been a very long time since they stated "soon." If a petition was formed and enough people signed it, maybe we can get someone, UBI, Kidbuster, Red Storm Entertainment, or Punkbuster, anyone to develop an anti-cheat to lower the level of cheating out there.

I play on UBI, and I do look at the chat. Recently I saw two guys talking about swapping cheats, "Join my game and I'll show you my cheats," said one of them. This game has become full of crap, so here's the petition address:

http://www.gopetition.com/online/3709.html

*Click on "Sign Petition" to get your name down.

Link Petition

grpetition.gif

www.ghostreconpetition.2ya.com

1. It depends on where you play....

I play on UBI,

:P Why do you think most of us here wouldn't touch the UBI servers with a 10ft barge pole ;)

2. and who you play with....

Most of us here, play in member hosted sessions or on the sites dedi game server (when its up) with people we know and trust and have been playing GR for years and can count the number of "cheating incidents" on one hand

There will always be people who cheat, no matter the safeguards, but in the end they only cheat themselves

Try finding some better games with a good crowd (like in the games room here) if you want to enjoy GR as its meant to be

:)

I can only echo Pave_Low on this.

You mention playing on the UBI Lobby? That's a problem right there. You've got public servers available for whatever, and whomever. Anything goes - cheaters, hackers, spammers, flamers, and general unprofessionalism.

That's why I stopped gaming on public servers.

That's why I only play with people I know.

I highly recommend you check out our local Games Room. I believe it will restore your faith in Ghost Recon.

Sincerely,

DR

Most servers listed at the GR.NET main page have very good servers and most of those server-admins are monitoring against cheaters.

There's no certainty that it will be 100% free of cheating but you're getting pretty close and if there's one detected then he will be get rid of very soon again.

As a regular host of GR, I can tell you that it is more fun to play on something that your friends will join in and play without worry that there will be any problems. Most who play at Ubi will be those who want to cheat, TK and cause whatever mayhem they choose. As I host mostly Coop games, the need to cheat are few and far between and those who wish soon get bored and leave (if they happen to join in the first place as I host by direct IP and post here only) soon thereafter.

While I do not condone cheating, there are ways to help alleviate the impact is has on how you play and the first is where you play. While I do play at Ubi for some games, GR isn't one of them. I prefer to host to give people a chance to enjoy themselves.

You are invited to join my server any time I have it up.

One of the most disappointing things of Ghost Recon today is the fact that it's so saturated in an anarchy riot of cheaters. The producers of Kidbuster Anti-Cheat have told us for the longest time, "Soon, we will have a new version that works soon." It's been a very long time since they stated "soon." If a petition was formed and enough people signed it, maybe we can get someone, UBI, Kidbuster, Red Storm Entertainment, or Punkbuster, anyone to develop an anti-cheat to lower the level of cheating out there.

I play on UBI, and I do look at the chat. Recently I saw two guys talking about swapping cheats, "Join my game and I'll show you my cheats," said one of them. This game has become full of crap, so here's the petition address:

http://www.gopetition.com/online/3709.html

*Click on "Sign Petition" to get your name down.

Link Petition

grpetition.gif

www.ghostreconpetition.2ya.com

I've been playing for well over a year and have never run into a cheater.

Most servers listed at the GR.NET main page have very good servers and most of those server-admins are monitoring against cheaters.

YEp, it does need updated though. I need to run through it and remove ones that are out of action for a start. If anyone knows of any amendments, drop me a PM with the details, thanks.

There's no certainty that it will be 100% free of cheating but you're getting pretty close and if there's one detected then he will be get rid of very soon again.

That reminds me, Its Freaky-Friday, lets hope this week's turnout was better than the last.........

I would sign it, but i'm not into signing up for the forums!

But if you could make one here and than maybe send it over too them i well be one of the first too sign the Petition!

There is no forum you have to sign up for there. You sign the petition by giving your first and last name, and the country you live in plus your email address. It asks for you home address, but it is optional.

I was on UBI tonight, just seeing if I recognized anyone on there. I decided to post a message in the chat about the petition. It said "Are you tired of all the cheats, hacks, trainers, and glitches in GR?? Do you want GR2 to have an anti-cheat program included with it upon its release?? Go to www.gopetition.com/online/3709.html and sign the petition so we can send it to the developers". I checked the site before I sent this and it had 680 signatures. I checked again 1 minute after I sent it and the site had 720 signatures.

And yes, they may not do anything about this petition. But the more signatures we have, the more it tells them that this is what we want as a part of the game and they would be more apt to look into it and implement it in the game.