Year of the Monkey progress shots

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my god!!!

we are still bitter about that? Im not even sure if this mod is ever going to get completed and people are still complaining about an m14.

Seriously now. Do you guys know how much the m14 really was used?? From 1965 onward the m16 dominated the war.

Im already putting in the m21. Not much difference from the m14. In fact I could model an m21 and call it an m14 and no body will no the difference. Except piccolo.

:P;)

Then again if I get bugged enough maybe I will put in an m14. :D

@DeltaDude

Yeah and the M14 still is in limited use today. As it is, the SEALs actually had the M-16 (actually the civilian AR-15) before the Army was even considering using it. One of the first SEALs (Roy Boehm) went outside the regular Navy procurement procedures and bought about 50-100 of them on the civilian market before DoD had really approved them for military use. What I'm saying is, while the M-14 may have seen a bit of use in the Vietnam War, the SEALs (the focus of this mod I believe) didn't really use them much. That would be my best guess as to why HP might not include them.

C

ok here is the deal. I just got back into the heavy of working on this mod and what happens..one of my mappers goes up and quits on me. Ohh well, story of my life. So to make it short, the mod probably will probably NOT have any maps now.

That's okay. If you have weapons and skins you've got an MP mod worth a release all on its own. Most people play adversarial anyhow.

actually guys. Had a big break on the mod today. One of the mappers who I wasnt to sure if they were still on board, surprised me with some awesome screenshots, and some other great news happened. But im gonna wait and let you be surprised.

@Delta Dude,

As I have said before, only one Marine is in the mod and he is carrying a Remington 700.

The m14 might still make an appearance. Depends really. but dont go shave your cat in hopes of one

• 2 weeks later...
Just putting a shout out for the single player community - there is a demand here, so if you get the chance, it'd be great to see any new missions and maps. Good luck.

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't think single player should be overlooked. I enjoy coop multiplayer but also play alot of SP.

UPDATE!!!!!!

Alright you scalawags I know its been a long time but we are still working on it, and to prove it here is a little taste test for ya.

After sleepless nights and hallucinations Im proud (and tired) to finally present the workhorse of the Vietnam war:

hueyscreen.jpg

Here is a little teaser of one of the maps we have going. Only one for ya because I get off on keeping you guys out of the loop on our AWESOME maps:

tunnelteaser.jpg

And last but not least. Here is one of the bad boys that ate our F-4's for breakfast. Make sure you keep you, your friends, your ride, and pretty much anything you care about away from it. because it WILL cleanly tear you a new one:

dshk.jpg

I also have a whole plethora of weapons, but I think I will leave a little to the imagination for you guys. Is the m14 on it? Maybe...maybe not. you will have to dl it and see, i guess.

expect more very soon!!!

"I also have a whole plethora of weapons, but I think I will leave a little to the imagination for you guys. Is the m14 on it? Maybe...maybe not. you will have to dl it and see, i guess."

-----------------------------------------------

oooooooo. you dirty little.......

:lol: nice job man.