Year of the Monkey progress shots

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it's been what 2 years or over since this mod started! I haven't even played GR in over 1 1/2 years.

I decided to load GR it up again and see if this mod was done yet. I guess I'll keep waiting.

I was on the mod team at the start. Are any of my models still in?

The DSHK AA gun?

VC Equip?

That would be cool if they are. You still have my blessing to use whatever I gave you way back when.

I'll check back,

Jay ;)

Wow, it's been what 2 years or over since this mod started! I haven't even played GR in over 1 1/2 years.

I decided to load GR it up again and see if this mod was done yet. I guess I'll keep waiting.

I was on the mod team at the start. Are any of my models still in?

The DSHK AA gun?

VC Equip?

That would be cool if they are. You still have my blessing to use whatever I gave you way back when.

I'll check back,

Jay  ;)

Of course! Its really awesome to hear from you again. Why dont you give me a shout so I can get you beta testing

• 2 months later...

I remember I offered my help as a scripter but my reply never got answer after a couple of mails asking to see my qualities (BTW I sent him Wet Sun mission before to release it).

I guess he wasn't impressed by my skills :(

Later on I read a lot about good modders hired but then...

hey guys,

i was just emailed this thread so I thought I would chime in and let you know whats going on with the mod.

The mod is literally in the pressing room. The only thing I have left was to finish rewriting some of the briefings for the missions and package and release it. I chose to rewrite some because with three modders scripting missions it gets hard to make it seamless.

Now for the nitty gritty...

Its been at this stage for a few weeks now. the reason? My fault. The last few weeks I had been EXTREMELY ill which only left me this week to cram for a checkride I have on Sunday for a new type of pilot rating i had been working on. With as much material that is involved with it, It hasnt left me any time this week to do ANYTHING fun...well except fly I suppose ;)

After Sunday my time will be much more free and I can finish it up in one night. The rest of the team has done their part and has done a great job! This last little tid bit is up to me and unfortunately real life has weaseled its ugly head in.

@Giwex,

I did play your mission and thought it was really good actually. The decision we made wasnt anything personal towards you or any other scriptor who sent us missions in the past. We, as a team, chose that because of problems we have had with outside scriptors in the past, to keep it in the family. X69RZX was originally hired to make some MP bothunt missions Because the team was really impressed with how they worked. Because of his work ethics, he was asked if he would like to help with an SP mission. So Im not sure what modders you heard we hired almost all of them have been with me for a while.

So like I said...the mod is practically finished. I have just been too damn busy to deliver. I can tell you this much...if you dont see this mod within a week (so by my clock, next wednesday) then I will even supply the pitch forks for the lynch mob.

@TheBlakeness (HotPants), Sorry you've been unwell? News that YOTM is nearly ready is beyond fantastic! Neat you're taking the time to ensure the writing / briefings are seamless. That's hard when different writers have contributed. Great that X69RZX's work is involved. It's extraordinary! Looking forward to playing YOTM. Good luck w/Sunday, er, whatever a checkride test is? :huh:

Glad to hear the news, With all the work your team has put into this mod i am really glad it is this close to being done and that the fans will finally get to enjoy it, Great things are worth the wait. As always looking forward to it and glad you guys will see it through to the end.

@Giwex,

I did play your mission and thought it was really good actually.  The decision we made wasnt anything personal towards you or any other scriptor who sent us missions in the past.  We, as a team, chose that because of problems we have had with outside scriptors in the past, to keep it in the family.  X69RZX was originally hired to make some MP bothunt missions Because the team was really impressed with how they worked.  Because of his work ethics, he was asked if he would like to help with an SP mission.  So Im not sure what modders you heard we hired almost all of them have been with me for a while.

First of all mate the only important thing is that you are ok and that every disease has gone. It's absolutely not the case to be sorry for that.

Having said that there's not problem on my side not to be chosen as scripter even if it was better to receive a reply from you and not a complete silence.

I was only concerned because so many mods (also great mods) have been dropped because of the absence of scripter (SWEBAT, Stalker V1 and others) simply because usually the mod team leader is a skinner or a modeller and think that mission scripting is the easiest thing to do.

In conclusion I'm very glad to hear it's almost released. The only thing that I'm concerned is that my little Armenia mod is going to be shadow, thus I will wait a couple of months to release it :devil:

Having said that there's not problem on my side not to be chosen as scripter even if it was better to receive a reply from you and not a complete silence.

Thats my fault, and I completely apologize. Im sure I meant to message you and just plum forgot..At the very least I would have to congratulate you on a such a good mission, because that I do remember. I admit that with as busy as I am these days, i get pretty forgetful when it comes to the forums.

So like I said...the mod is practically finished. I have just been too damn busy to deliver. I can tell you this much...if you dont see this mod within a week (so by my clock, next wednesday) then I will even supply the pitch forks for the lynch mob.

Excellent news! Looking forward to it. :D

Edited by c0w80y