Quick buck?

Guest SI-Prozac

Guest SI-Prozac

check this out here here

looks like clanladder got the domain name first so that ubi will buy it later...

to me anyways.... ubi buy out the domain seems reasonible.. if they do make a GR2

What's in a name?

There have been a lot of rumors that Ubi Soft has seized all the Ghost Recon 2 domain names. This rumor could not be verified. Some potential domain names could be GhostRecon2.xxx, Ghost-Recon2.xxx, or even GR2.xxx (the .xxx could stand for .com, .net, .biz, .org, or .info). Of those 15 posible domain names, none of them are registered to Ubi Soft or Red Storm Entertainment. (GhostRecon.com is registered to RSE.) All five GR2.xxx domain names were taken, but none of them received any notification from Ubisoft to turn over the domain name. Of the five possible versions of Ghost-Recon2.xxx, only Ghost-Recon2.com was taken. Again, a notification was not received from Ubisoft to turn over the domain name. That leaves GhostRecon2.xxx. Two versions are currently taken, .net and .com. Both owners were served documents requesting them to release the domain names., but at this time, the registrations for both sites still remain with their current owners.

The preceeding quote is from an article that was written April 2003. To view the entire article, click here. :whistle:

Don't know how the hell this info made it to me, but someones sisters boyfriend works for UBI out in Montreal, apparently he was on a 2 year disability vacation or something after an accident, and he was called up to come work on "something Big". Hmm......... not like Athena sword is too cool, its already been announced.............

hhmm........... :ph34r:

Guest SI-Prozac
They'll probably just use ghostrecon.com and have a "choice page" with a link for GR1 and a link for GR2.

kind of like EA did with Need For Speed.

or maybe they didnt buy thoes domains and are just links untill ubi makes it official :wacko:

i dunno would have to ask like ravenmouth or CWL or somthing