My new "mid-level" rig

Aggressor

hello all,

i'm in the process of going through the final stages of getting a new rig built, its not the ultimate gaming system cause $ is an issue, so from a mid-level gaming system what do you guys think?

here's what i have come up with so far:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+

MSI K7N2 Delta-L (Nforce 2 Ultra 400 Chipset)

ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128MB

256 x 2 = 512MB DDR 333 Ram in a Dual memory channel configuration

Antec Plusview 1000 AMG

Thermaltake 420 Watt Power Supply

3 ½” Floppy (Black)

Maxtor 120 GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Hard Drive

BenQ P775 17” Flat Screen CRT Black CRT

I could go with an ECS motherboard and it would drop the price by $40 bucks, i will be reusing my dvd-rom and donating the old hp to my parents (that explains the new floppy drive).

Thanks

Aggressor

I would switch this with a Western Digital 120Gig 8MB cache. IMO, WD produces better hard drives. I checked NewEgg, and a WD 120Gig 8Mb cache HDD is $91.50, while the Maxtor version is $109.

it all looks nice, except u could get the XP2500 and just oc it a little.

Also, I would not get the MSI board, I know two guys(twins), one has the MSI, and the other has the NF7, and they will both tell u the Abit board is better.

anyways

have fun with whatever you buy :devil:

I would switch this with a Western Digital 120Gig 8MB cache. IMO, WD produces better hard drives. I checked NewEgg, and a WD 120Gig 8Mb cache HDD is $91.50, while the Maxtor version is $109.

Maxtor and Quantum are now the same people, and produce excellent drives. I do have to say, having 3 of each in my rig, that I like the Maxtor's better. They are more reliable. I have had to replace the WD's more than the Maxtors, and I run my machine 24/7/365 and work it hard.

Stay away from Seagate, unless you go SCSI.