Things I wish for in igor 2

smokin

May I add one more to the list?

Igor2 being similiar to Igor(1) in usage- i.e.-user freindly with its own specialized scripting applications similar to Igor(1).

I have 2 favorite games, this one, and Operation Flashpoint.

I mod only with GR because with OFP, you have to learn a fifty page booklet of how,when,and where to apply the complex scripting commands in OFP. Basically it looked like having to learn a whole new language, then after you spend X amount of time finally learning it you then can start modding.

note:I did come up with a few OFP missions with no script! :blink:

The ability to....

* know what primary/secondary a Ghost is holding

* know what target he is aiming at

* carry dead tangos/teammates on a Ghosts shoulders; bringing the max movement speed down to 1/2 and only allow secondary weapon to be held while carrying

* concenate strings with variables (actors etc..)

* turn respawns off from the script; disabling the option in the game setup screen

* turn off anything else off the helpers from the script

* toggle/change the quickmap red diamond warnings from the script

* smarter Ai

* rapelling :P

* smart armor movement (auto turning to face enemies approaching from behind. Or at least turning turret to check six. also; quicker turret movement. Ultimate: set turret turn speed from script))

* implemented mines :rolleyes:

* much much more (adding later)

what I don't want in GR2 is the ability to......

* Jump

The ability to....

* know what primary/secondary a Ghost is holding

* know what target he is aiming at

* carry dead tangos/teammates on a Ghosts shoulders; bringing the max movement speed down to 1/2 and only allow secondary weapon to be help while carrying

* concenate strings with variables (actors etc..)

* turn respawns off from the script; disabling the option in the game setup screen

* turn off anything else off the helpers from the script

* toggle/change the quickmap red diamond warnings from the script

* smarter Ai

* rapelling :P

* smart armor movement (auto turning to face enemies approaching from behind. Or at least turning turret to check six. also; quicker turret movement. Ultimate: set turret turn speed from script))

* implemented mines :rolleyes:

* much much more (adding later)

what I don't want in GR2 is the ability to......

* Jump

i agree, the last thing GR needs is a bunch of jumpin fools, however, i would like to be able to 'climb' low obstacles (ala RS, Rvs) there are too many Gr maps where u have to go all the way around a 1 ft. high pile of wood, etc.

inuyasha,Feb 12 2004, 17:02 ] i think jumping would glitch the crap out of the game and fill it with cheaters.... lol maybe climbing

Yea, I always thought being able to climb a cliff face or something similar would be neat(maybe with ropes and pitons and such)-heck, turn it into a whole process where you have to select where you grab to make yer next move, if its a bad hold then you slip :o and slide down to the ground with a new injury :wacko: or find yerself in a new light 0:) .

I dont want to see the current vesion on the Unreal engine. I DO want to see an Igor 2.!But one thing i did like about Raven shield which used the Unreal engine, was how easy it was made foe people to make maps. That might be a nice addition. But I'd pass on maps in a heart beat if it meant having better coop games with more modding options , not if we want a to add wall here or there.

Edited by smokin+SD

What I want in Igor2;

1. Being able to reference what kit PlayerPlatoon has

2. A way for player to input data, ie. numbers (so as to more easily process things like CAS and commands, it would be scripted of course, unless they design CAS into the engine in the first place)

3. More stable, ie. less CTD (most of the time it is user's fault but I swear it does seem to crash at whim)

• 8 months later...

Bump!

Its been confirmed, we get Igor2, or StoneED.

Looks like Red Storm has already been improving how user friendly this program will be in comparison to Igor. I really hope we will have the ability to copy and paste script blocks, or maybe even merge script (not replace) from other files.

Things I would like to see for StoneED:

_To be able to wound AI in startup, i.e. hostages

_working cinematics for MP

_would love to see gametypes be able to import plans, vehicles, and other objects, or at least include em.

_Easier way to set up a variable for each player, or team in the player_platoon

_maybe to keep track of when someone is more vulnerable, i.e. laying demo, disarming nuke, reloading, giving medical attention, or something to that effect.

Trigger:guy is bust doing mission critical somthing or another

respawns: pour on the bad guys :devil:

_more enemy spawn points than 31 or 32, whatever it is it could stand to be trippled. :D

_currently, random insertions are done with teleportation, if this can be done before we are actually in the game, this would be great. Seeing yourself teleport can be distracting for some.same would apply for random respawn point, if a player can respawn at that spot and not at insertion first would be a great improvment)

Bump!

Its been confirmed, we get Igor2, or StoneED.

Looks like Red Storm has already been improving how user friendly this program will be in comparison to Igor. I really hope we will have the ability to copy and paste script blocks, or maybe even merge script (not replace) from other files.

Things I would like to see for StoneED:

_To be able to wound AI in startup, i.e. hostages

_working cinematics for MP

_would love to see gametypes be able to import plans, vehicles, and other          objects, or at least include em.

_Easier way to set up a variable for each player, or team in the player_platoon

_maybe to keep track of when someone is more vulnerable, i.e. laying demo, disarming nuke, reloading, giving medical attention, or something to that effect.

Trigger:guy is bust doing mission critical somthing or another

respawns: pour on the bad guys :devil:

_more enemy spawn points than 31 or 32, whatever it is it could stand to be trippled. :D

_currently, random insertions are done with teleportation,  if this can be done before we are actually in the game, this would be great. Seeing yourself teleport can be distracting for some.same would apply for random respawn point, if a player can respawn at that spot and not at insertion first would be a great improvment)

It's not confirmed that we're getting it, only that it exists. NYR 32 stated that in bold in his report. If we get it, good, if not, then :(

True, But I find the chances of getting it are very good, otherwise the information on how easy it is to say get AI to mount weapons, or hunting helos via scripting would never have come about. It would be reasonable to have a delay in getting the program, but not so reasonable to not get it at all.

Thing I would like to see for StoneED:

To choice if you want a AI to shoot single shot or fullauto. I was making a mission and needed 2 enemy AI to shoot fullauto and shoot their WHOLE mag(which was a cmag). All they would do was shoot about 10 rounds then stop and be shot at 30 or so times(they were on invinceable), then shoot 10 more rounds and so on. :gun:

There's so much Igor did (StoneEd will do).

Maybe more ways to customize a map (weather-effects, dynamic stuff).

Maybe they have insertable objects you can place on map.

More support for GTF's (like you can reference 1st active company to let's say 10th active company in script).

You can keep on with this...

To switch between more levels then 2 floors. Should make it over ever many floors you have on your map. Thats how many floors can be displayed.

you can switch higher than 2 floors.

a map called "the castle", I tested for Bravo2-5, has IIRC 9 floors and you can view them all in igor.

2)Copy and paste script blocks

this can be useful but can (the intonation is on "can") also have its disadvantages, it would be easy for everyone to copy scripts from other missions and I think that most of the scripters won't like this.

my wishlist is simple.

- an IGOR that dont crash so much. rather than crash, display a window or something that tells you what is wrong and needs to be fixed.

- the ability to open missions that are not 'active' in your mods list without crashing.

- some drag and drop elements.

- ability to select multiple actors by shift+click so you can add a 'group' of actors all in one shot.

- a 'my documents' folder where you can store your most often used scripts and effects so you dont have to rebuild them everytime.

- 3D icon representation of actors and vehicles instead of the stupid yellow circle thats only visible when you click on the actor or vehicle.

- point & click to set waypoints for vehicles and actors.

- a lot more weather effects.

- night-day-to-night conversion with the click of a mouse !!

- skin-to-map ability: so we can wear arctic skins on snow maps, urban skins on urban maps etc etc etc.

- built in actor generator !!! duh !! why should we have to build them one at a time !!!

- and the cooooleset feature of all, a window that shows the currently selected actors face & skin.

theres more but this is it for now.

1) placable objects- this can offer variety to the standard maps later on.

a new tree here, an ammo crate here that needs to be demo'ed.

2) i always wished there was an easier ( and better looking ) way to script in the daytime.

3) ability to script a user input, like the space bar ( preferably more and selectable ) so we can use as a form of interaction.

4) some way to force a few things better, like placing dead bodies and not having them vanish.

5) really anything that will offer use more control, so we can be more creative in telling the story. and certainly MP and SP compatability.

6) ok this one is a little on the fantasy side but i would like to be able to "switch" the players model at any given time. so we could do things like have them swap into civilian gear to fit in better. you know sneaky stuff.

Edited by Suli

Keep everything thats in igor! its all good....

Wanted -- an ID variable with all the interfaces provided for universal access

i.e., a Get/Set ID func for everything:

company id

team id

item id for each player 'slot'

model and skin id's for actor

would allow setting new values in a consistent fashion and change very useful and realistic things in realtime, e.g.

change your team, or your position on it. could be used to change loyalty of a neutral or rebel team.

retain the weapon you had at start, restore it or assign new weapons as needed

change your actor model or skin

Wanted - Get/Set Interface for Strings, to be used when parsing the ike.log (or equivalent).

The ability to write a string to that (or a text file under control) is critical for debugging, but has additional uses with dynamic mission control and scoring. Reading that string back would allow for branching on a script block based on the value of the string read from the file.

Wanted - Dynamic zone

Interface for Get/Set for all (4) of the vector (x,y,z) positions of a rectangle. Would allow easy teleportation within zone of any objects as well as sounds.

Wanted - Hit Test

Interface for Get/Set a single vector (x,y,z) position to determine if its in a wall or not.

With these two tools, you could create a script that writes new spawn points, bases, and zones on maps at random. with simple distance checks you could generate safe, valid map layouts at random -- entirely from the server.

Wanted - A dynamic object class! The inability to place dynamic objects in igor has always been its most frustrating limitation to us igor-hax0rs. (except for the 3 guys that made some missions with the collection in HX5 lol ) What is needed is something like a tree --that is not a tree -- but behaves like one except for the fact you can select and place them like any actor in igor (um, that make sense?). Of course this would be a very generic object e.g. dead body, crashed chopper, smoke, mine, whatever and could be used in gametypes because of not having to fit into the usual static-object linkage scheme that gr1 used --so no vehicles in gtf's still my be a limitation, but at least give us those objects ...(!)

my wishlist is simple.

- a 'my documents' folder where you can store your most often used scripts and effects so you dont have to rebuild them everytime.

This one is on my wish list for sure!

I spent more hours rebuilding effects than anything i do. This is about 90% of my time i spend on maken scripts! Or if best have all the effects already made and just find the effect you want to add would be best.

But other than that i really want Igor2 too stay the same as Igor1 just with more options without taken anything away from it now! I loved Igor1 and don't want to lose anything it does now!