Ghost Recon.net Forums

I know some of you will be saying that I should have gone ATI, but I do like how nVidia cars run.

I just orders these items tonight:

Leadtek GeForce FX 5950 ULTRA Video Card, 256MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/VIVO, 8X AGP, Model "A380 Ultra TDH MyVIVO" -RETAIL

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition PCI Sound Card -RETAIL

PROMISE CONTROLLER CARD, Model "ULTRA100 TX2" -RETAIL

I also get a NewEgg t-shirt (like I really need another one to go with the 92 others I have).

Now I don't normally buy top of the line stuff, but I want this gear to last at least 2 years if not longer. My current vid card is a GF3 Ti 500 and that was top of the line 2 years ago. My sound and vid cards are OEM and I had no cables or games or other software that came with them, while these do.

The Sound card comes with Raven Shield (I always said I would not buy RvS and I meant it, but I never said I wouldn't take it for free, :) ). Splinter Cell with the 3 extra Kola missions is gonna be kick ass (Xbox got the same missions as downloadable content, while us PC gamers got nothing but really good looks). Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (my brother wanted me to get this game after having him get GR). Also included are Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness and Halo Combat Evolved ( I ain't really interested in these 2 game, but they come with the card).

I will now be able to export and import video from my VCR to my PC for game movies with the cables I never had.

:thumbsup: ...nice! Once you get the new card...jack up those settings in GR...makes it a whole new game :ph34r:

*in Bobby Hill voice* What are you talking about? What are you talking about? */Bobby HIll voice*

I already run GR at full tilt and can even run shadows. It's SC and FB that I want to really max out on.

Splinter Cell and iL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles.

Good point NYR. I would love to see what GR looks like with 4x or 8x AA and AF looks like.

As far as Halo goes, I dunno what I will do with it at this time.

I will run a couple of benchmarks this weekend and then again after I get the new hardware and let y'all know how they did.

white night, the 9800XT dosn't need faster core and ram speed to be faster. its like the AMD/Intel thing(but not as bad)

either way, its still almost as fast as mine!

lol I'm just having fun:D :rolleyes::rofl:

Edited by buff

I totally agree with u on the drivers. If ATI still had those drivers they had back in the days of the Rage128, i would have an FX59xx, but I am happy with their drivers:D never had a prob w/ 2x8500,4x9500,1x9700,1x9800. nadda

Thats the prob with matrox, they dont have good drivers for games..........

.....I have looked at the fx 5950 vs the 9800 xt for a while...while the 5950 does have higher clock speeds, the 9800 xt makes up for it by having more piplelines...in the end I looked at tests rated in fps, like at toms hardware....and about 70%-75% of the time the 9800 xt came out on top...when the quality adjustments/resolution goes up, the 5950 really takes a big fps nose dive compared to the 9800 xt....I finished, mostly, my rig last night and the installation was a snap for the 9800 xt...don't have any numbers yet, but damn....its fast!!!!!...