Rainbow6: 3 PS2

Zantar45

As annouced awhile back;click here

Rainbow6:3 is being ported onto the Playstation2 and later on the Gamecube.

There is a video out with gameplay footage of the PS2 version.

click here its 9.9mb wmv

Something perfect for the console gamers who don't have the latest and greatest PC and want to play online also.

Articles from GameSpot and video from Game Trailers

• 1 month later...

:D HEHEHEHE!!! :D

There is a new trailer out for the PS2/Gamecube version of RS3 at Gametrailers.com

The video shows off the new/er Enemy AI in the game.

click here to view this 12mb video

Looks like them terrorists figured out its better to take cover instead of standing upright while firing. :ph34r:

Btw, RainbowSix 3 for the PS2 ships out March23rd and should be in stores on the 24th/25th....

Gamecube version aint out until May3rd or so......

If only all the PS2 shooters would add keyboard and mouse support I would buy them. To my knowledge Unreal Tournament in the only PS2 game to date that has it. Try as I might I just can't get my head around the way a controller handles with FPS's :(

If only all the PS2 shooters would add keyboard and mouse support I would buy them. To my knowledge Unreal Tournament in the only PS2 game to date that has it. Try as I might I just can't get my head around the way a controller handles with FPS's :(

I know how you feel. The only real beef I've got is that it's really hard to aim precisely. They can still be pretty fun if you use the analog sticks on a ps2 controller the right way.

only all the PS2 shooters would add keyboard and mouse support I would buy them. To my knowledge Unreal Tournament in the only PS2 game to date that has it. Try as I might I just can't get my head around the way a controller handles with FPS's

Your telling me, I've been a console gamer since 3yrs old and I can't get used to the PS2's analog sticks let alone the Gamecube controller.

If it helps, they make a controller with a keyboard built into it or the other way around;

801498b.jpg

also a mini one;

801674b.jpg

Of course, fat chance of seeing any of the games have a keyboard layout. I think UT and Half life were the only two....

I think they made it a little unrealistic for the kiddies that are gonna get this game. Just like Socom there is probably going to be a life bar.Of course I dont think anyone knows since Ubi has said nothing about this game (that I know of anyways) its all about the Xbox version for some reason. <_<

only all the PS2 shooters would add keyboard and mouse support I would buy them. To my knowledge Unreal Tournament in the only PS2 game to date that has it. Try as I might I just can't get my head around the way a controller handles with FPS's

Your telling me, I've been a console gamer since 3yrs old and I can't get used to the PS2's analog sticks let alone the Gamecube controller.

If it helps, they make a controller with a keyboard built into it or the other way around;

801498b.jpg

also a mini one;

801674b.jpg

Of course, fat chance of seeing any of the games have a keyboard layout. I think UT and Half life were the only two....

I think they made it a little unrealistic for the kiddies that are gonna get this game. Just like Socom there is probably going to be a life bar.Of course I dont think anyone knows since Ubi has said nothing about this game (that I know of anyways) its all about the Xbox version for some reason. <_<

I just hate that they make so many games that are dumbed down for little kids. SOCOM was great, even though they had the life bar. I'm more into the one shot one kill thing, makes the game easier to kill enemies, harder to get through, and more realistic.

The following post may not make any sense at all, viewer discretion is advised.

I got RainbowSix3 for the PS2 today. :D

I'll give a quick (fat chance ;) ) review.

Controls;

Very well laid out for a complex keyed PC game port. You use just 3 (X,square and R2) buttons to give every command/order the menu is very much like the Socom pop up one. There are no more waypoints to set up, instead they have "GO" calls for when you want to double breach a room,etc. For example; I tell the team (more on it in a bit) hold infront of a door and tell them the "open,bang,clear" is "Zulu" code. So when I say "Zulu" (R2) they bang and clear the room while I go in through the other door or I can bang/breach/etc. It seems impracticle to have 3 men go through the one door while one man (me) goes through the other door without assistance but it seems to work (I'm still working on getting help). Moving on to the rest of the controls, the right analog aims,left analog moves back and forth while left and right strafes. You can press L1 to quick select your secondary/primary (really helpful) or you can hold down the button to bring up the inventory screen. Also you can change the control layout in the option screen.

AI;

Your team mates (Loiselle,Weber,Price) have decent AI. They can sometimes get confused a bit when you give to many commands. Also like most Ubi/Redstorm AI team mates they either see the tangos very far away or not at all even when getting fired upon a few feet away. Enemy AI, they are also just like your team mates- sometimes good,sometimes bad. They usually scream before they open fire and one rare occasions shoot through walls at you (D'OH!) also they can do just about everything you can. They can flip over furniture, take cover,shoot RPGs,fire over objects,take hosties and die like god made'em to. :P

Graphics;

The character and map textures are ok, not really great but not really bad either. The characters (Friendlies and Tangos) are alittle clunky at times and there is a unexpected slowdown every now and then even when no one is on screen. It looks like the game uses the same engine as the PS2 version of Splinter Cell- which is a good thing.:D There is nice lighting effects and shadows (I thought my shadow was a tango at one point lol). Just like on PoP, the curtains sway back and forth and make a nice thwak sound when you run into plactic ones. No idea if there is rag doll physics since there wasnt many chances to get up close and personal, also they bodies disappear as soon as you kill someone. >:(

Sounds;

The music sounds like any R6 game should and is pretty clear and crisp. The sound effects are nice also. Its the small things like hearing footsteps (yours and the tangos) also you cab hear people groaning and gasping after you shoot them (same with yourself and team mates). Also as I mentioned, the tangos just love to scream before they start firing.

Gameplay;

The gameplay is pretty fun when your playing the game and not sitting at a long loading screen (which is often).The game doesnt have any quicksaves, instead there are "chackpoints" which when you get to, stops the game and starts another loading process. (ugh) There is nothing funner then breaching a room and rushing in then dropping the Tango on the left then having a "RELOAD" screen pop up so you quickly pull out your pistol and drop them. :D......ok I'll be honest, that hasn't happend yet. Instead you breach the room and the first man in pops the 2 tangos right off the bat or gets in a firefight and clogs up the door. lol Also there are life bars.

Online play is a different story.

First you pick online play at the main menu then load to it. After loading you have to pick your Network adapter profile then load again.Then create a profile/user name and register with Ubi. Then you pick the "room" (USA1, USA2, etc) you want to play in, then you pick the server (example; 420*l337, MastaGunnrz, n00bieHQ, etc) then you gotta load to the server, if the person decides to close their server you gotta load to their room,get a message you couldnt connect then load back to the server listings. (sigh) WHEN you FINALLY do get into a room its you and 5 other people.....yes....a total of 6 people online only. The gametypes are survival,team survial,and sharpshooter. I only played team survival so I dont know what the other two can be like. The maps are small, I played a map called Old City and apparently both team start by one another and are only 25-30 feet apart if not closer.

First game: I take the AK47 and me and my other two guys play leap frog through the building only to get mowed down by someone camping with a M249 by the steps. Joy

Second game: This time we move slowly through the house and got outside. My two team mates hide in a corner while I stick my head out the door like a ######. Guy strafes around the corner and I instinctly tap R1. Bam 3 shots to the head with a AK47. Oh yeah, stupid works and then my control shakes crazily as a enemy snuck in through the back door and decided to unload his TMP in my butt. Nice feeling, then his buddy tossed a nade and got my two campers.

Third game: I grab the M249 and hide behind the stairs in the back of our building by the door we got raped from. Two enemies come in and I pop out screaming like a mad man with my M249 firing. I killed....no one... I got disconnected from the game and had to sit through two more loading screens. <_<

Overall, Rainbow Six is a good game. I definatly recommend it as a rental first and then a purchase if you like it of course you can get the "prettier" Xbox version any where even the discount bin by now. One thing that irks me (besides the loading) is that Socom a older game compared to RS3 , has 16 players online, 3rd person, better graphics and bigger maps. You would think RS3 a newer game would be somewhat better and support at least 8-10 people.

I give Rainbow Six 3 a 7/10