• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I can see it now :rolleyes: ;

Rocky - "Oi magnumpkp, any chance you can change the GR.net lightbulb?"

magnumpkp - "I can't mate, I'm busy creating another sig' "

Nightmare - "LIGHTBULBS ARE CRAP, SO errrrrrr.....THERE"

zjj - "Calm down Nightmare"

SOTOPhantm, SOTOMac, warhawk, bkriley, ReconSnake, Parabellum, WK, budgie and Dark Ranger [in unison] - "Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. He's one of 'THE' greatest American heroes ever and if it wasn't for him, all of you would be errrrrrrr.........living in the dark."

warhawk - "Yes, and if any of you pinko, limey, commies have anything to say to the contrary you'll errrrrrrrr......make me get banned."

DS - :rolleyes:

Ruin - "Keep it on topic guys"

SOTOPhantm, SOTOMac, bkriley, ReconSnake, Parabellum, WK, budgie and Dark Ranger [in unison] "Here, here warhawk."

DS :rolleyes:

warhawk - "Awwwww....thanks you guys"

DS :rolleyes:

Xian Saint - "Careful guys, let's keep it on topic, or I'll lock this thread"

SOTOPhantm, SOTOMac, warhawk, bkriley, ReconSnake, Parabellum, WK, budgie and Dark Ranger [in unison] - "Out of respect to him, we've all named our cats Tom."

All GR.net members - "Awwww........I love cats"

Rocky - "Sync?........you're banned"

Syncopater - "But......but"

magnumkp - "Hmmmmm.....I might use a cat in my next sig' instead of a plastic monkey"

tyovan - "Hmmmmm......do you think this girl I just met would like a plastic monkey.....or perhaps Ghost Recon 'Gold' for PC?"

The Slink - "That bulb's looking good at the moment Rocky, how big is it, and when's it going to be finished?"

Ghost 4-6 - "According to American Heritage Dictionary; NOUN: An electric light in which a filament is heated to incandescence by an electric current."

DS :yawn:

Nightmare - "CRAP I TELL YOU.....CRAP"

SOTOPhantm - "In light of some recent events here. When you start to disagree with things that are happening, that you can't change a bulb on your own, it's time to go."

warhawk, snakebite, WK, SOTOMac, ReconSnake [in unison] - "Please don't leave us here in the dark SOTOPhantm."

SOTOPhantm - "Awwwww....you guys.....I couldn't ask for better and there is no one I'd rather have at my back when the bulb blows."

zjj - "Hey....come on now SOTOPhantm.....you're really being over the top about this!"

SOTOPhantm - "zjj you hold a very special place in my heart....I had fun here while it lasted, but alas, it is time to move on."

zjj - "ewww.....what a creep."

SOTOPhantm - "NYR, DR, you guys know how to get ahold of me anytime, as does anyone who knows me. Please feel free.

It was a pleasure to work and play with all of you, and I sincerely hope that that will continue. Please don't be strangers, and I will see you all around I'm sure. We all belong to one or more different forums, or we are all available on chat.

But like Warhawk, it's getting hard to keep a lid on my thoughts, and I'd rather that that didn't happen."

zjj - "OMG....a creep 'and' a drama queen."

warhawk - "SOTOPhantm?.......if you're going......then I'm going too."

zjj - "OMG....not you as well?........weirdo"

deathmonger338 - "I think I may be going to. Not many of you really know me or anything, but I've moaned enough that I'm broke, yet still........nobody's bought me a copy of Desert Siege. Thanks to those who have helped me out with things along the way. I just don't really feel like posting here much more in light of resent events.

Anyhoo, maybe I can catch some of you changing a bulb sometime."

zjj - "Who ARE you?"

ReconSnake - "As an American....blah, blah, blah....I have a right......blah, blah, blah.....to own as many bulbs as I want to light my property."

DS - ".......and indeed.....blah" :rolleyes:

SOTOPhantm, SOTOMac, warhawk, bkriley, Parabellum, WK, budgie and Dark Ranger [in unison] - "Hooaaaaaahhh......way-da-go ReconSnake."

ReconSnake - "Awwww.....shucks......thanks you guys."

SOTOPhantm - Semper Fi ! !

Rocky - "That's it......you all had your chance.....I'm locking this thread."

And lo........darkness fell upon the forums.

Rocky - "Oh!.....and ReconSnake.......you're banned."

And lo........light shone upon the forums once again......and it WAS good.

Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

edportfab3.jpg

DS

This is great, one of the funnies things I've seen in a long long time!!!

Then it takes one Pyro_Monty to complain that he wasn't mentioned in DS's post.

too bad - at least you were in the sig poster though and I wasn't :(

I was in this:

tyovan - "Hmmmmm......do you think this girl I just met would like a plastic monkey.....or perhaps Ghost Recon 'Gold' for PC?"

Just for all of you playing along at home,

It takes:

Forum members to change a lightbulb, this includes rocky's late addition about the guy who says its been posted before

Pyro Monty - Hey guys, just posting to say that, due to computer issues, I was off the forums for just under a month (last time I was logged on was January 31st, I think). All is sorted now... anyone care to fill me in on what's been going on in here.

Am I still Staff?

All GR.net members - "Sighhhhhh"

LMAO. :lol:

Beginning to wish I hadn't asked to be added now... :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

From a member at Below Top Secret (Recommended by Foxtrot)

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

.. another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

6 that flame them for not using the Search feature

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

16 posts of two forum members that are exclusively talking to each other only about lightbulbs and what they did that weekend

24 posts of telling them to take it to PM's

1 moderator that comes in and says something about doing it wrong and that everyone who disagrees gets a warning

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Edited by Fragbox

1 to change the light bulb

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

.. another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

6 that flame them for not using the Search feature

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

16 posts of two forum members that are exclusively talking to each other only about lightbulbs and what they did that weekend

24 posts of telling them to take it to PM's

1 moderator that comes in and says something about doing it wrong and that everyone who disagrees gets a warning

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

True!!

Actually, i had to change a lightbulb back in '95! Quite a big deal. Funny story actually. I was sitting thre watching tv, and then all of the sudden, the light went out!! so i had to go downstairs, get a lightbulb and i got a ladder, and put it in.