Female voices

I had the opposite problem once, my female character had a male voice. the problem was this:

I used lindy cohen .chr

I gave the new character a name 'assasin'

I think the game saw the femle .chr & a name other than lindy cohen and assigned it a male voice.

I redid the character, expect I named it jodit hale and then it had a female voice.

therefore I concluded that naming the .chr file made a difference.

.....that was my expirence with it.

Ok to clarify this, To make female voices you will need your .chr file named with the first part of either of these female names:- Lindy, Susan, Astra, or Eritrean

EG:-

Astra_moakes2783.chr (female Voice)

Lindy_DOG-ZEBRA.chr (female Voice)

Susan_shadow.chr (female Voice)

To make the male voices you need any other name

EG:-

moakes2783.chr (male Voice)

John_DOG-ZEBRA.chr (male Voice)

me_shadow.chr (male Voice)

These will then need to be altered in the .atr file to represent the .chr file you are using.

If RSE wants a new female character (lets say they release a 3rd EP), they have to rebuild the whole code to recognize the female name. Or maybe they've build in a list of female names that work. Who knows ? I think it's cheap. :ph34r:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well Nancy, the first part you got it right. Now all you have to do is open the atr file corresponding to your character in notepad and edit the chr name like the one you had renamed.

Like this:

<ModelName>Astra_moakes2783.trace.chr</ModelName>

<LOD2>Astra_moakes2783.trace_a.chr</LOD2>

<LOD3>Astra_moakes2783.trace_b.chr</LOD3>

Rename all the chr files of your character and edit all the atr files like above.

You also have to edit rifleman-57.atr and rifleman-78.atr the same way.

Feel free to ask for more help if you need.

Edited by ceptico

Still refuses to work. I followed everything to the letter, changed trace.chr to Astra_moakes2783.trace.chr, trace_a chr to Astra_moakes2783.trace_a.chr and trace_b.chr to Astra_moakes2783.trace_b.chr. The trace_dahlgren.atr file was renamed Astra_moakes2783.trace_dahlgren.ATR and rifleman-57.atr and rifleman-78.atr were renamed to Astra_moakes2783.rifleman-57.atr and Astra_moakes2783.rifleman-78.atr. The game crashes when I select Trace Dahlgren. It might be worth mentioning that I encounted this a bit playing the Rainbow Six games as well, when using the Liquid Skins mod for example or occasionally with a modified operative or skin\BDUs such as one of Leon Kennedy's police uniform.

Ok, again you got the first part right. Renaming all the chr files like you did, giving a name starting with Susan or astra or any other name in the convention stated by MM shadow.

The atr files stay with the same name (rifleman-57.atr and rifleman-78.atr) . You have to edit with notepad the content of the atr files like I told you in my previous post, changing the names of the chr files in the following fields:

<ModelName>Astra_moakes2783.trace.chr</ModelName>

<LOD2>Astra_moakes2783.trace_a.chr</LOD2>

<LOD3>Astra_moakes2783.trace_b.chr</LOD3>

To keep it simple just add Susan or Astra or Lindy to the beginning of the chr files like:

susan_trace.chr and edit in the atr files like above becoming :

<ModelName>Susan_trace.chr</ModelName> , etc.

If you still have doubts post again or PM me. I tested with my own DTD mod and it worked.