MEDEVAC

Foxtrot360

has anyone modeled a medevac version of the blackhawk with out the pointy thing on the front(sorry dont know what it is) and only one mini gun

also has anyone made the minigun actually FIRE?!?!?! id love to see a group of ultra nationalist whiped out at the hands of my teams black hawk ''lol

:wall: ow now wheres my chopper i know some great vehicle modders made it :)

pointy thing on the front

Don't they use it too measure the speed they travel ?

hehe..

your thinking of pitot tubes, and they are very small.

Like New guy said, that is a refueling boom, used for mid air refueling.

To answer the question I dont think any modifications of the black hawk have been made yet.

You can get the minigun to fire but Im not sure if you can really orient the helper right so that it looks believable though.

to get a weapon on board a vehicle to fire, you would need the proper turret tags that gr normally uses on tanks. According to RSE the only vehicle you can use it on is tanks, this however is BS, because it can be used on any vehicle.

The problem is that the animation was made for a tank like turret, so Im sceptical whether you could get a minigun on board a UH-60 to behave properly. You might be able to if you dont have the crew chief holding the weapon..otherwise either he will have to be tagged with the gun meaning he will rotate completely, or his arms would distort tremendously when the gun aimed to fire.

Well the only problem I see is that I have never seen a medvac with a mini gun. I do believe it is against the geneva convention to have automatic weapons on medical vehicles.

The other thing is I know in the army only unit that has air refueling booms are the 160th SOAR. I have never in 10 years seen a medevac with either refueling boom or extrenal fuel pods.

And there is a black hawk model floating around some where cuase someone gave it to me just cant remember who it was.

or can someone just put the texture on it with the symbol or something on the fuel pods and the place where they put the minigun besides that is it possible to remove the whole minigun part with only a chair ther or something? wish i had 3dsmax and if i did i wouldnt no how to use it :P

Actually it depends. Static ports are literally just a hole in the skin, pitots (dynamic ports) are as big as is needed to get them into clean airflow, that's why prototypes typically have longer pitots, or even tow a sensor behind the aircraft -- the aero guys haven't yet worked out the precise airflow so have to play safe. Some air data sensors, particularly on helicopters. are mounted on a pivot to keep them aligned with the airflow.

The other thing is I know in the army only unit that has air refueling booms are the 160th SOAR. I have never in 10 years seen a medevac with either refueling boom or extrenal fuel pods.

The AAR boom is specific to the MH-60s, but all the UH-60s can be fitted with the External Stores Support Sytem used to carry the fuel tanks.

Actually it depends. Static ports are literally just a hole in the skin, pitots (dynamic ports) are as big as is needed to get them into clean airflow, that's why prototypes typically have longer pitots, or even tow a sensor behind the aircraft -- the aero guys haven't yet worked out the precise airflow so have to play safe. Some air data sensors, particularly on helicopters. are mounted on a pivot to keep them aligned with the airflow.

yeah, but my point is have you ever seen a pitot as large as an mh-60 refueling boom? In relation to that, all the ones I have seen have been very small. I personally havnt seen one that big, but if you have I would love to see it.

Guest SI-Prozac

wonder if you could some how attatch a stationary gun to a vehicle and have a AI or u control it ????

wishfull thinking ... but some one should try it

my point is have you ever seen a pitot as large as an mh-60 refueling boom? In relation to that, all the ones I have seen have been very small. I personally havnt seen one that big, but if you have I would love to see it.

There speaks someone who has never seen the Hercules W2 (aka Snoopy). See http://www.oldprops.f9.co.uk/Lockheed%20He...l%20non-USA.htm , it should be obvious which one I have in mind.

my point is have you ever seen a pitot as large as an mh-60 refueling boom? In relation to that, all the ones I have seen have been very small. I personally havnt seen one that big, but if you have I would love to see it.

There speaks someone who has never seen the Hercules W2 (aka Snoopy). See http://www.oldprops.f9.co.uk/Lockheed%20He...l%20non-USA.htm , it should be obvious which one I have in mind.

Your right I have never seen that particular Herky model, but I refuse to believe that that is an airflow pitot.

I would love to see more info on it though.

We should probably take this subject to PM though because I think we are hijacking this guy's thread.

• 1 month later...

Your right I have never seen that particular Herky model, but I refuse to believe that that is an airflow pitot.

It's a pitot, but a special one. The W2 was a weather research aircraft and the nose stinger is an attempt to get sensors into as clean air (in terms of turbulence) as possible. There's clearly a pitot at the end (see http://www.tim-beach.com/riat00/heavies/heavies.htm) but it's entirely possible it isn't part of the aircraft's air data system. See also http://badc.nerc.ac.uk/data/mrf/c130.html for some details of the sensor fit.