Chinook

Specter

This attached shot was taken by a trooper in Afghanistan. Pilot is Larry

Murphy, PA National Guard. Larry is a Keystone Helicopter Corp.. EMS Pilot

employee called to active duty. I must state that this is a "unique" landing

operation. I understand that this particular military operation was to round

up suspects.

chinook%20roof%20landing%20in%20afghanistan.jpg

No way.............it's Photoshop fake ;)

DS

Whatever makes ya happy.

Oh nooooo.........here we go. :wacko:

How about "whoohoooo...hoohaaaaaaa.....yeehaaaaaaaaa.....way da go Larry, way da go you guys, way day go America.....USA gonna kick sum assssssssss y'alllllll"

Is that better? Lighten up :rolleyes:

DS

On the one hand, it could be real. I've seen some very unreal helicoptor maneouvers in my lifetime, even something like this (tail touch) with a hind.

I doubt this one is real. I searches Google (Safesearch off, "Chinook", show omitted results) and found a pic just like (and I mean, almost exact) the Chinook in this pic, just turned around and shrunk down from a larger size. I'm pretty sure a larger photo exists.

Another note, is that it was snapped with a military camera, right? That means digital, which means you wouldnt see the blur of the rotors as much as you see them in this pic. Digital cameras dont have an open-and-shup time, which means little to no motion blur. Especially with the high-grade cameras the military has.

Its still certainly possible, though. Hard, but definately possible.

--Harrm

Digital cameras dont have an open-and-shup time, which means little to no motion blur.

:nono: Um, i don't know about you bub, but both digital cameras that I've used certainly have plenty of motion blur. Like the one where i'm about to swing my face into the cake you can barely tell it's me :wall:

On the one hand, it could be real..................I doubt this one is real

Do you think that nice little fire would still be there, or do you think it's glowing red because of the downdraft from that 12 ton piece of military hardware hovering feet above it? :whistle:

DS

God y'all are such buzzkills.

Instead of saying "Wow, that's cool..." or "Wow, I wonder if that can really happen?" you all go "It's fake"

For pete's sake, try not to take the fun out of everything... :wacko:

Wowwwwwwwwwww.......look at this..............it's incredible. That diver escaped within an inch of his life :o

badday.jpg

I found this on the internet.......so it must be true :rofl:

DS

'Now those darn helicopters are ruining the bbq'

Its definetely not photoshopped. Check the following things;

- Look at the grain, the pixel structure. Its on the whole picture the same. Now thats very hard, read impossible, to shop.

- The picture was probably a bit underexposed, and the autor has 'lighten' the image up. One of the following effects is , again, more grain especcialy in the shadows. Now check the same 'graininess' in the shadows of the chopper and trees.

- Also check the perspective, the chopper, fore and back ground match excatly and the direction of the light.

- Then check out the ladder. To much coincidence thats there in a picture of just a house on the hill. And i doubt that anyone think about it while shopping. Its there only for one purpose; getting them in the chopper.

- Then on the right upper corner of the roof, that looks like signal-smoke. Also here, i doubt that anyone would think of shopping it in.

Edited by BlueRose_76

that a very nice pic.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/ch...k/chinook7.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/1128/p07s01-wosc.html

http://helicopassion.free.fr/ch47-06.htm

well i like it fake or real but if it is fake my compliments to the forger the person took into acount some very fine details

if its real my compliments to the pilot he has great control

ps it was saved from photoshop but who knows what for

Edited by *NSO*Suli

On the one hand, it could be real. I've seen some very unreal helicoptor maneouvers in my lifetime, even something like this (tail touch) with a hind.

I doubt this one is real. I searches Google (Safesearch off, "Chinook", show omitted results) and found a pic just like (and I mean, almost exact) the Chinook in this pic, just turned around and shrunk down from a larger size. I'm pretty sure a larger photo exists.

Another note, is that it was snapped with a military camera, right? That means digital, which means you wouldnt see the blur of the rotors as much as you see them in this pic. Digital cameras dont have an open-and-shup time, which means little to no motion blur. Especially with the high-grade cameras the military has.

Its still certainly possible, though. Hard, but definately possible.

--Harrm

1. You have no way to know if this is digital or film. Maybe it's an embed with a film camera. It's highly likely that it's digital because of the ease of transmitting photos back home, but not certain.

2. Digital cameras have all the same features as a film camera... cheap ones just don't let you adjust anything. Digital and film cameras have variable shutter speed.

3. This is more than likely a low light digital photo, judging from the noise. A digital camera doesn't have different ISO's like film, it just cranks up sensitivity in low light to get more contrast, which means more noise, like in the photo. Also, in low light, you can expect a longer shutter speed, hence blur.

4. Look at the lighting and shadows, especially on the people and under the ramp. There is absolutely no visual clue in the lighting that this could be fake.

:lol: The pic in DS's last post didn't show up until after I posted this....

Edited by Earl

As someone who used to do those very same manuevers in a CH-46E (smaller version of a CH-47 Chinnok) with 3000' of valley under the nose, it is used for that very reason. Main mount landings allow for picking up and dropping off of passengers in a limited area (like a rooftop, dam, or mountian top). The pilots literally have to fly the helos while on the ground.

ps it was saved from photoshop but who knows what for

The military uses photoshop for a number of reasons...

Personally...I think the pic is real...and its some spot on flying by that pilot...I think the pic was likely taken from another helo that was flying with him for protection...the military has definitely proven that they record alot of their ops...

@Para - I wondered about that tire too...hard to tell if it maybe broke through the roof...or maybe they let the air out to help keep it stable...so it wouldn't roll...