XM8 weapons mod.

SnowFella

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mod will be called "XM8 Armoury". Snow has it now and after he has checked it it should be available within the next 24 hours.

Basically the kits follow the projected scale of issue of the US Army. The M249 is still in there to aid the XM8 LSW and the SR-25 of Thumpers augments the XM8 Sharpshooters.

Time Zones have conspired againt Snow and I. Being separated by about 11 hours causes some novel problems ;)

Well, there might just be alittle bit more of a wait unfortunately :( Just got the finished .exe installer from Lancer here and I've noticed a bug. Somehow I've sent the wrong .qob file for the MP5SD to him and instead of an MP5SD it's an untextured MP7SD :wall:

I've already rectified that problem though but due to the time difference between me and Lancer it would be another 1 day turnaround atleast to send the new .qob to him for repackaging and then send the new .exe back to me as he unfortunately is away at the moment so I can't contact him and have it done right away.

Can we handle one more day guys?

I'll make the extra bit of wait worth it and toss in another easter egg ;) Updated .qob and something new has already been sent over to Lancer for re-packaging...make sure to keep an eye out for anything new that hasn't been spoken of before :devil:

The mod will be called "XM8 Armoury". Snow has it now and after he has checked it it should be available within the next 24 hours.

Basically the kits follow the projected scale of issue of the US Army. The M249 is still in there to aid the XM8 LSW and the SR-25 of Thumpers augments the XM8 Sharpshooters.

Time Zones have conspired againt Snow and I. Being separated by about 11 hours causes some novel problems ;)

:P rgr thanks lancer just getting a little ansy that's all....but waiting is always best for the good MOD's...... :o= ...lol..hawk

Well the wait is over, been so for nearly 20 hours for GR.net supporters :whistle: , and it's now time for a full public release.

The mod weighs in at just under 5meg and has kindly been mirrored at fileplanet by Rocky...download link below.

XM8 Armory

If there are Mac users out there who experience any problems with using an .exe installer just shoot me an email at snowfella@snowfella-modworks.com and I'll provide a download link for a .zip version.

Snow

I have downloaded it and tested it a little bit, and just wanna say that the weapon models is indeed VERY good! On the other side, I found some problems with the reticule for some of the guns. Some of them wasn't going (atleast the XM8 compact SD) out when I was shooting, so all the bullets was exremely precise, while for example the light machine gun (LSW) version of the XM8 was so unprecise so it's basically no use for the gun at all.

But as I said...the weapons models...GREAT!

Snow... they're not that bad... the models atleast... the weapons are a bit of a different story. The guns aren't bad but I think they could use some adjusting allitle bit but its a cool mod. The sounds of the Silenced versions sound kinda like the ones from James Bond 007 Nightfire, the silenced MP7... I aint here to judge or to place copying- just say'n they'r cool. The mod is definately worth the wait and allot more. ;):thumbsup: :punk:

This may not be the right thread but here goes. I've been trying to DL this mod all night without any luck. It's basically been going like this, I hit Snow's link and go to Fileplanet, so far so good. Not being a member(never have been) I click the "Free public server" download button like I have a hundred times before. This is the point that things go south. I get the old "Your download is ready, click here to begin download" page like always but instead of the file coming immediately up asking "save to" deal , I get nothing except for a bar at the bottom like the page is loading. That seems to go on forever(about 15-20min.) Then I get a MSN prompt saying the file can't be found. This has NEVER happened to me before and I've DL'ed plenty. Recently installed SP2. Does anyone think all the new security features in SP2 could be preventing me from being able to DL now? I've always seen the prompt saying "you are about to directed to a nonsecure site". I tried turning off the firewall, pop-up blocker, anything I could think of. I added Fileplanet to my "Trusted site" deal. Nothing works :wall: Does SP2 recognize the nonsecure site and blocks it? Or do I just need to uninstall SP2. I gots to be DL'ing the weaps, new toys are fun. This isn't. :angry::(:wacko:

@Tommy35: never had that problem myself, seems a weird one. Try checking the supporters forum as there are links to other download sites than fileplanet there ;)

As for the .gun file problems, I haven't looked into it myself yet but if it proves to be a problem in there we will rectify it with a small patch. I know Lancer has used real life for calculating the settings and when it comes to balistics he's pretty much the man! Even so, everyone can make misstakes. I'll get back to you on this one soon.

What you might feel though is that these weapons are very inaccurate when going "rock and roll" but I do think this would acctually be the case. With weighing less than for example an M4 but still firing the same bullet the felt recoil would be greater, giving more spread. This unfortunately doesn't translate well into the GR way of using pips instead of muzzle climb like some other games has.