GR takes around 4 mins to load

My Ghost Recon game takes around 4 minutes to load up and come on, i've tried everything, from reinstalling, to getting a driver update and rolling back my drivers. I even tried the GR XP Tweaks. Any solutions would be very much appreciated.

If you need any more info on my System Configuration and Specifications just tell me

I have come to the same conclusion myself. The more mods you have in the mod folder the slower it is.

With only Desert Seige and Island Thunder activated and no other mods in the mod folder, it takes around 19 seconds to load Ghost Recon on my system.

When i put all my favorite mods in the mod folder (without activating any of them) it takes around 30+ seconds to load Ghost Recon.

I always put the mods that are inactive in another folder on my system so i don't have to deal with slow loads.

My System:

Macintosh Powerbook G4 877mHz

640mb of RAM

OS X 10.2.8

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD

System Model: AWRDACPI

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PM

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 1.70 GHz

Memory: 224mb RAM

Page File: 201mb used, 776 avaliable

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)

Display Tab

Name: SiS 650

Manufacturer: SiS

Chip Type: SiS 650 Rev 00

DAC Type: Internal

Approx. Total Memory: 32mb

Current Display Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Drivers

Main Driver: SiSGRV.dll

Version: 6.13.0010.2062 (English)

Date: 19 / 02 / 2002

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Mini VDD: sisgrp.sys

VDD: n/a

DDi Version: 7

Notes: Hardware Acceleration is not avaliable

GR even on my machine which is fairly fast, takes a long time to load...click the link in my sig to see my specs....there probably isn't much more you can do to speed up loading times other than change/add new hardware.

As already stated (by the knowledgable regulars) the mods folder is the main culprit, keep it small if possible.

Also, defrag your drive for an overall improvement.

I noticed that it is only the first start up of GR that is slow. If you quit, then later on restart GR, it loads MUCH faster. Don't know why though.

Hopefully this reply isn't too late, i'm not really into dates and such. Put all of your d/l'ed mods and patches into a different folder. Uninstall all of ghost, save games, mods, and what not. As the wise individual stated above,.....never put new things onto your fragmented HD, ....defrag, and close all background applications , or un needed processes. I'm anal, i reboot and run a virus scan, a reboot will do. Make sure there are no other back programs running while you do your clean install. Disks before mods..... Install up to your latest ghost recon disk, up to island thunder, some patches are redundant if they are installed to the same location as a disk. Now, re think your mods before ya put them back into your ghost directory. Good mods work with ghost recon, gun hacks, and [Thing that should not be spoken of here] will alter your gameplay. With that said, let's get into some guts, video card over clocking will get ya some frame rates, check with your card maker to keep it in the parameters, or you'll crash a game, or fudge up your comp. Virtual memory will make you load faster, for xp users, check your ram, keep it in the parameters, and you will load, and gain a few frame rates.