Irish Army mod

Seamus

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in the previous thread that was started on the subject, I'm willing to contribute to the making of the mod by donating Steyr AUG rifle and FN MAG machine gun obviously needed for the mod's armoury. I even thought of converting my FN Minimi (made for Op.S. mod, with Elcan scope)

to regular, non-scoped one to be used in the Irish army mod...

Now, if someone else is willing to work with me on this one, I might be willing to do some more..

@Sixpence, I've seen and apreciated your work. Once you start the mod, contact me and we'll talk about the weapons needed.

OK Streinger, very nice from you ! :)

I will contact you soon. In the Meantime, do you inform you which Weapons The Irish Army (especially the Irish Rangers "Army Ranger Wing") use ?

http://www.military.ie/army/arw.htm

I started workon one before, but gave it up. Argyll has generously made some Irish Army skins for me in the pasty few days as seen somewhat in this thread: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...ST&f=15&t=14117

All the characters are done, all I need is actors, weapons, and missions. I can take care of the actors and missions, but it would be most kind of you Strainger if you would donate your AUG and GPMG and also a Browning HP. If you would do this, and if Argyll would not object to his skins being released, I would release the mod. All proper credit would of course be given if i were publicly released.

Seamus, where are you from in Ireland??

Edited by tyovan4

Hmmmm

This mod has a special place in my heart since my grandmothers name was O'Reilly.....and since I played Gaelic football in my youth.....and represented my state on 3 ocassions as goalkeeper for South Australia........not to mention I still drink with a mate called Joseph McGuiness, who's father Paddy McGuiness was my Football coach.

But then that's us Aussies....most are from Irish, British (convicts) or German decent. Me I'm both (German / Irish).

Also, this mod has much similarities to Operation Stabilise. For a start, all the weapons are already done - ie Steyr AUG, etc.

Maybe after OpStab is released in the next few weeks, I will be looking for a new hobby ;)

I am happy to see, a lot of people will have an Irish Mod. I think, i will make some missions in there, think Congo was pretty fine. (2005 ?)

The Skins not the Prob, but what i need is a new Backpack ! can anyone do this ?

Further i saw on Pics, the Irish LBE is the same like british Gear. Is it correct? Would make it easier. I want concentrate me on the Irish Rangers, "Army Ranger Wing" Unit. Looking cool, and is a "Special Force" unit.

@AUS_Viper: Which Weapons are inside Stabilise ? What we need, is

- AUG Assault Rifle =long Barrel (Donut Sight)

- AUG Carbine = short Barrel (Donut Sight)

- AUG Assault with Sound Suppressor (Donut Sight)

- AUG Carbine with Sound Supressor (Donut Sight)

- AUG F88 with Grenade Launcher (Donut Sight)

- AUG F88 with & Sound Supressor & Grenade Launcher (Donut Sight)

- AUG Carbine with Grenade Launcher (Donut Sight)

- above variants with ELCAN (i hope its correct for Irish Ranger, not shure)

- a MINIMI SAW (not shure which one)

Use Irish a heavy machine Gun ( like M60) ? And it is so, which one ?

all without Camo Tarn, i saw Irish Army use standard Olive. :rolleyes:

if it were publicly released.

How can you not!

You're right, it should be publicly released..

I PM'd Argyll seeking permission to use the work he did for me publicly, and Streinger is making some weapons. He and I are also trying to think up campaign/mission ideas.. We may have another person (need to speak to them in person about it) who is quite well known join as well and maybe even a few others..

It looks like there's a demand for this, so we'll keep everyone updated :)