I have a Job

Ruin

Sweet. exactly what I wanted to know.

Is everthing compatible? That's my biggest concern.

Yeah looks good, it is all compatible. I also found out Just So ya know that www.tigerdirect.com is having Lead Tek GF4 Ti4600's for only $200. Costs more but figured I would tell ya. For powersupply, get an Antec 350 Watt True Power series. You can also get one of the LED PSU's in 350 or 480 watt sizes if ya want :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to change the RAM.

The mobo only uses DDR, not PC133.

@Stinger, I need to leave my self a little bit of cash here and there. $950 is pushing it. :)

Not to mention I can't order online! :(

But money order...? I would stick with the 4400 too to have a money buffer but thought you may like to know. Great Monitor find...now ask the parents what they think. DUM DUM DUM :o

The whole ordering situ is weird. My mom is out of town, and I know she has the biggest say.

But if I can come to them and say "Here's what I want. Here's how much it costs. I can get it through here, but I have to do it by mail. These are the people who have used it and like it before. This is the official rating of the site. I have the cash. Can I do it?" then we may get somewhere.

I have to do my homework before I approach them on a big spend like this. Which is why I'm making sure everything is compatible, and there's more than one method of ordering. I noticed that newegg.com has the Verisign logo on it.. maybe I can persuade someone else... :) hint hint.

Oh yes, what about a coolant system? IIRC the Processor I'm currently looking at has one with it.

Here's my current system, all updated (how's it look?) :

Case: Raidmax Model 268WBP(BLACK/SILVER) 10-bay Case Retail $27

Motherboard: Asus VIA A7V333 KT333 Chipset ATX Motherboard Retail Boxed $94

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2200+/266 FSB Processor CPU - Retail Box $170

RAM: SimpleTech (Simple Technologies) 256MB DDR PC2100- OEM $42 x2

Hard Drive: Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM Hard Drive 8MB $110

Floppy Drive: SAMSUNG 1.44MB BLACK FLOPPY DRIVE Model# SFD321B/KEB - OEM, DRIVE $8

CD/DVD ROM: Lite On 48x24x48 CDRW Model LTR-48246SBlack OEM $58

Video Card: ATI RADEON 9500 PRO 128MB DDR DVI AGP $197

Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 5200 - RETAIL $73

Monitor: NEC/MITSUBISHI MultiSync FE770-BK 17" (BLACK) FLAT SCREEN MONITOR $148

Current Total: $979

If you are gonna get that Radeon, you may as well spend 3 more dollars and get this---> I am an awesome Ti4600! $199 at Tigerdirect. And you can take a peek at this.

Edited by Stinger

Man after lookinf for reviews and all so many sites are French and German I wanted to stab the monitor. Here The GF4 beat the 9500 Pro 3 times in the 3D Mark tests and then continued its slaughtering here in the Unreal Tournament 2003 tests. :D;)

Nothing from Tom's hardware can be trusted. Their test are usually so far from other peoples, I don't bother anymore.

Man after lookinf for reviews and all so many sites are French and German I wanted to stab the monitor. Here The GF4 beat the 9500 Pro 3 times in the 3D Mark tests and then continued its slaughtering here in the Unreal Tournament 2003 tests. :D  ;)

Nothing from Tom's hardware can be trusted. Their test are usually so far from other peoples, I don't bother anymore.

Man, you hate toms lol. Well I think most other places have them about the same as toms there. Maybe you just dislike toms cause Intel get the better reviews there :P;)

Man, you hate toms lol. Well I think most other places have them about the same as toms there. Maybe you just dislike toms cause Intel get the better reviews there  :P  ;)

You mean cause Intel/nVidia pay their bills :)

Not true, he gets stuff from everybody and even gives good cards good reviews that most agree with most the time i-t. He oc'd the intel, cause it was the biggest and the baddest that could reach over 4GHz. Plus it is lots of peeps man. Oh well when u pop on AIM we can argue more.

Oh here is a Non Tomified page with the 4600 still kicking butt.

Boom

I think this will work out better:

Case: Raidmax Model 268WBP(BLACK/SILVER) 10-bay Case Retail $27

Mobo: Epox Motherboard for AMD Athlon/Athlon XP/Duron Processors, Model# EP-8RDA+ $122 ($93 after shipping)

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2200+/266 FSB Processor CPU - Retail Box $170 ($102 after shipping)

RAM: SimpleTech (Simple Technologies) 256MB DDR PC2700 Major Brand Chip $45 (x2)

Hard Drive: Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM Hard Drive 8MB $110

Floppy Drive: SAMSUNG 1.44MB BLACK FLOPPY DRIVE Model# SFD321B/KEB - OEM, DRIVE $8

CD/DVD ROM: Lite On 48x24x48 CDRW Model LTR-48246SBlack OEM $58

Video Card: ATI RADEON 9500 PRO 128MB DDR DVI AGP $197

Monitor: NEC/MITSUBISHI MultiSync FE770-BK 17" (BLACK) FLAT SCREEN MONITOR $148

Current Total: $835

If needed to change the price some and get this thing to me quicker, I can scratch the speakers (Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 5200 - RETAIL $73) and use the cheapos lying around the house! :)

The GF4 I showed you is still gonna do better than that Radeon easy. About what we were talkin bout on AIM I think the Z-Buffer was on too low. Thats my best guess. That GF4 Ti4600 will outperform, outclass and outlive the Radeon 9500 for only $3 more. As for the RAM yes, a 512 MB stick is $80 at newegg, this is the maker and type KINGSTON KVR266X64C25/512 512MB DDR PC2100 - OEMCL2

you'll need 2 sticks of ram for the nforce2 board. It uses dual-channel ddr which improves performance by about 3-5%. You can run it with just 1 stick, but you lose a nice performance advantage.

Also, you might want to consider buying ram thats runs at PC2700 (DDR333) or PC3200 (DDR400). The nforce2 can utilize both of these speeds and run your cpu asynced with them.

Forgot to add, since the 9500 uses the 9700pro core, you can overclock it quite a bit, gaining even more performance. Also, Rivatuner now has a software patch to turn a 9500 in a 9700. Might want to check that out.

Stinger, did you even look at the whole graphic card review on Toms? The ti4600 only beat the 9500Pro in game with small margins. But when image quality was turned up even the least (antistropic and AA) it beat the 4600 completely.

May I also note that the 9500 Tom's uses is a prototype using old 2.4 Catalyst drivers. They always seem to have a way of misleading eh? :)