I want to buy a 9mm Pistol

Dick Splash

Personally, I prefer the Barretta. I can draw it quicker, because its a little bigger than most 9mm pistols, and theres more room to grab the handle by. The triggers a bit sensitive, but I like it, because you can put a lot of lead in the air that way.

The 1911 was one of the best, most reliable guns ever created. Just look at its long record with the US

--Harrm

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(1)

I just place my finger on the Glock trigger and the safety disengages.

(2)

You shouldn't have to pull anyway but reward in order for the weapon to fire.

Rook,

(1)

your hand maybe bigger than his

and your fingers maybe longer to aswell

(2)

You shouldnt be "pulling" at all.

You should be only squeezing!

ive shot a variety of hand guns

i like the glock best for easy trigger squeeze

but i trust my sig through anything.

i carry that m9 as a duty weapon,

its a ###### cannon, but its there.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not recommend a 9mm weapon for anything but target practice, unless you can find something with a hi-cap mag. Don't buy into the "you only need one shot" mentality. Unless you spend 20 hours per week on the range, you're not going to score a 1st round hit in a high-stress situation. You need a weapon that's powerful enough to stop or disuade your target, or you need to have a hell of a lot of bullets in your gun. There's plenty of evidence that a determined attacker, especially if he's ramped up, can take ten or even fifteen 9mm rounds, and keep on aggressing. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone taking 15 45ACP rounds and continuing the fight, though.

Greetings!

@DS

I see you may have warmed up to the possibility of a .45 caliber.

I had noticed on the Colt website some stock of WWII Style Model 1911 .45 ACP with wood grips and the spur hammer, at a bargain price.

If you want, there is a rather inexpensive conversion kit available to make it into a 9mm as well. You can have the same pistol firing either ammo, whatever you decide. :ph34r:

Definately stick with H&K but not 9mm. Rounds are slightly cheaper but compared to an H&K Mark 23 SOCOM pistol .45 cal., 9mm are like BB guns. The only reason a 9mm would be nice is if your using it for target practice or competitions etc. If you want to kill something, stick with a .45 or .40 cal.

Right on Parabellum.

Edited by Aerio

• 1 year later...
Springfield has their new XD pistol.

Looks pretty much like a Glock but made by Springfield Armoury

(in calibers 9mm/.40S&W/.357) Its price range is about $380-$490

I know what I'm saving my money up for. :D

Zantar. I took the CWL class yesterday and the instructor, and old guy, had an XD thats is 20 years old. Way before SA bought the design. The gun was made in Croatia and I believe, still been made in Croatia For Springfield. He said he had put over 40,000 rounds with no misfires. He open the gun and showed us a part that was cracked and worn out and the gun still fired. The gun looks very similar to the new one, so the desing has not change. The thing he like the most is all the features. If you look at your picture there is a little pin behind the cartridge ejector that is a "Loaded Chamber" indicator also behind you can see another little pin sticking out, that tell you the gun is ready to be fired. Also it has 2 fire safetys. If you look at the triger and the grip they both have safety features. He said that the croatins took what was good on differents guns and packaged into their gun. So don't think this is a Springfild- Armoury new wonder gun, this gun is been around for a while and they where smart enough to bring it to the USA and sell a ton of them.

Way to revive a thread...

Croatia imported the XD as the HS2000 ages before Springfield licensed the design, and for a lot cheaper. I still have some old magazines circa 2000~ that call it the HS2000. I believe the Croatians still make it for Springfield, the latter just charges higher prices for the end product to make a profit. Probably the only thing Springfield has had a hand in of the current flock is the new .45 model.

Way to revive a thread...

Croatia imported the XD as the HS2000 ages before Springfield licensed the design, and for a lot cheaper.  I still have some old magazines circa 2000~ that call it the HS2000.  I believe the Croatians still make it for Springfield, the latter just charges higher prices for the end product to make a profit.  Probably the only thing Springfield has had a hand in of the current flock is the new .45 model.

Yep, thats what the instructor told me. The croatinas are building the gun for Springfield, and he said that thats is a great choice for weapons. He said with all the features and good materials thats a great gun to own and looking at www.gunbroker.com , they can be find for a very good price, If you trust buying guns in the internet,LOL

what did you go for in the end DS?

....t' Father in Law bought me a Sig Sauer P229 .40cal two Christmas's ago. Great pressie, and it's a really nice pistol. I'd still like a 9mm as the rounds are a bit less expensive, and I'm looking at Glock 19, HK, SigPro or a 92FS. I've fiddled with a Glock and HK, but my hands get sweaty on the plastic, and the HK seemed to have a deep grip that just didn't feel right. Sexy all the same though!

DS

Springfield has their new XD pistol.

Looks pretty much like a Glock but made by Springfield Armoury

(in calibers 9mm/.40S&W/.357) Its price range is about $380-$490

I know what I'm saving my money up for. :D

Zantar. I took the CWL class yesterday and the instructor, and old guy, had an XD thats is 20 years old. Way before SA bought the design. The gun was made in Croatia and I believe, still been made in Croatia For Springfield. He said he had put over 40,000 rounds with no misfires. He open the gun and showed us a part that was cracked and worn out and the gun still fired. The gun looks very similar to the new one, so the desing has not change. The thing he like the most is all the features. If you look at your picture there is a little pin behind the cartridge ejector that is a "Loaded Chamber" indicator also behind you can see another little pin sticking out, that tell you the gun is ready to be fired. Also it has 2 fire safetys. If you look at the triger and the grip they both have safety features. He said that the croatins took what was good on differents guns and packaged into their gun. So don't think this is a Springfild- Armoury new wonder gun, this gun is been around for a while and they where smart enough to bring it to the USA and sell a ton of them.

Yeah, read more about XD's background a week or two after posting that...... two years ago.

:rofl:

....t' Father in Law bought me a Sig Sauer P229 .40cal two Christmas's ago. Great pressie, and it's a really nice pistol. I'd still like a 9mm as the rounds are a bit less expensive, and I'm looking at Glock 19, HK, SigPro or a 92FS. I've fiddled with a Glock and HK, but my hands get sweaty on the plastic, and the HK seemed to have a deep grip that just didn't feel right. Sexy all the same though!

DS

Sweet. Sig is my first choice after a 1911. Your father in law made a good choice. :thumbsup:

Having owned three Glocks and two HKs I can tell you first hand that although they are good guns, a Sig is a better gun overall. I still have one of the Glocks, but it is up for sale, and once it is gone, a Sig P220 will be finding a new home with me.

Personally, if I were in your shoes I would just get another Sig for the 9mm, or if you want something different go for a 1911. For the price you pay Kimber and Springfield make some good quality guns. However, if you want to go all out, go for an Ed Brown, or Les Baer.

Either way, congrads to you, and I hope you enjoy the gun.

DS

Sweet. Sig is my first choice after a 1911. Your father in law made a good choice. :thumbsup:

Having owned three Glocks and two HKs I can tell you first hand that although they are good guns, a Sig is a better gun overall. I still have one of the Glocks, but it is up for sale, and once it is gone, a Sig P220 will be finding a new home with me.

Personally, if I were in your shoes I would just get another Sig for the 9mm, or if you want something different go for a 1911. For the price you pay Kimber and Springfield make some good quality guns. However, if you want to go all out, go for an Ed Brown, or Les Baer.

Either way, congrads to you, and I hope you enjoy the gun.

I love my P220. Wouldn't trade it for any other handgun. Sig's rear sight (I forget the name for it) is so much easier to use than the traditional three-dot system on most handguns. IMO, the P220 feels nicer in the hand than a 1911, as well. But I have huge palms and little fingers, so it's hard for me to find a gun that feels really nice.