DYNACOMP

F'n New Guy

I checked out my FPS with the chrs on high detail, and most everything else on high. My puter barely handled it with a sub standard frame rate. I'm used to it though, 664 mhz isn't very good. Good news though, if you turn it down to medium detail, it still looks great, at least as good as standard skins on high, and gives good FPS. No need for a new computer just for these skins, yet . . .

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Para, those skins are exceptional. I love the MICH helmet on the one chr. I can't stand that default purple beanie texture from GR, could you change it to black or green or some other less hideous color?

Yeah, it will get changed. I've been working on a new beanie texture. I'm just super busy ATM.

Yeah, it will get changed.  I've been working on a new beanie texture.  I'm just super busy ATM.

Cool, wasn't sure if those skins were finalized yet or not. That one texture just looked so poor in comparison to all the rest.

95% of the skins are done. I have to add final mapping to the goggles and straps on the MICH and K-Pot, re-texture the beanie, and a few other odds and ends. I also have to decide on a color scheme. All of the camo patterns that I use are real, but reflect different levels of usage.

That stuff all looks really really good para and co. I love the high res textures, and the helmets. Just one thing, the gr character models all have unnaturally large boots which are also very low poly and blocky. Not many people seem to make a point to correct this but it might be worth scaling them down a tad, or completely remodelling them.

Keep up the good work, looking great!

hey you guys going to have any female models in there or is that not possible?

No female models. No way, no how. The US military does not allow women to serve in combat roles, and I don't see that changing in the future.

Just wondering.......I understand where your coming from though

That stuff all looks really really good para and co. I love the high res textures, and the helmets. Just one thing, the gr character models all have unnaturally large boots which are also very low poly and blocky. Not many people seem to make a point to correct this but it might be worth scaling them down a tad, or completely remodelling them.

Keep up the good work, looking great!

I hadn't really planned on redoing the boots, but I'll look into it.

it s not an in-game screen?? right

That is an in-game screenshot. I used the same 'glow' technique that I used on the last batch of screenshots I did. I just think it looks more professional. However, I was amazed when I played the map the 1st time, because it does look like you're walking around in a real forest, due to the light and shadows. The geometry isn't stellar; it's the lighting that makes the difference.

How many missions is the campaign........also ealier some one said something about being able to move up in rank, if your able to move how how would that go? Would you get like a question screen where you have to click yes or no or do you just get a screen that says you've moved up in rank.

If you got time to stare at the boots that long and it starts to get on your nerves it means the enemy has probably got you pinned down :P . I doubt you will ever notice it.

ROFL :P

As an aside (and a freeby) I still haven't beaten Crushing Wind, Matt. I keep getting chewed up within a block or two. I love the way you blocked off some of the avenues. :)

Just a little update: I'm currently working on the O-Course, as well as two other maps. Once I get these three maps done, I'll start on the fourth map that I've got planned. It's going pretty well, except that the lighting tool is haywire, as usual. Shadows cut off for no reason, tree shadows appear where there are no trees, etc. I'm also working on finalizing the *.CHR models, as well as creating MP-only models and weapons. Things are going just a little slow at the moment, because alot of us are either in school, or slammed with work.