DYNACOMP

F'n New Guy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why you guys don't post all pics in the same thread.. :wacko:

:rolleyes:

so it is easier to look at all pics and you must not look for every topic in all the forums...

only a suggestion..

Since DYNACOMP is such a huge mod, it makes more sense to me, to put a content post in the corresponding forum, as necessary. IMHO, it's easier to go and look for a "DYNACOMP Weapons" post, in the weapons forum, than it is to dig through a 30-page post in the General Modding forum. You'll have to excuse CQB (F'n New Guy) though; sometimes he just gets excited. He gets out of his cage, and then he just scribbles everywhere. He's like Animal or something.

J/K CQB. :)

Anyway, I guess I'll just take a moment to keep you all informed: The mod is coming along well. We've had to make a couple of adjustments, because the load is bigger than you might imagine. Ever seen another mod with six people scripting missions? <wink> We are obviously keeping alot of things secret, and, even when we do reveal things, they're usually twisted, or hidden. Anyone remember the code-breaking and the riddle a couple of months ago? Wolfsong was able to solve the riddle and break the code. He was rewarded with a nice piece of information, as well as being able to design his own special character for DYNACOMP.

Some of you may wonder why we go to such lengths to hide things from you. The answer should be obvious: There is much, much more to this mod than meets the eye. If you don't look for it, you'll never, ever see it. We're trying to get you to think outside the box; to look for things where you see nothing. If you don't, you'll miss out on some of the coolest modding material you'll ever see.

We're trying to get you to think outside the box;

Sounds like exactly what the doctor ordered for a 2 year old game, bring it on!

@ Para, I am struggling to keep on top of all the news on this mod though, if you could send me a press release type thing when you are ready to release something to the folks that only read the news page ( :blink: ) I'll post it. The hyper guy ( :P ) did send me some movies a while back, I never got around to posting them though :(

Anyway, mail me a summary when you are ready :thumbsup:

Well I argue that the post personally offends my intelligence and as such does break the forum rules.

Okay. Okay. Who stole your Christmas presents then?

"personally offends your intelligence" ?

It's a new mod for pete's sake - either get behind the team and have some hope of a breath of fresh air for the game, or give constructive feedback.

I am not going to let this thread degenerate. This thread is now classified as "Bermuda Triangle Territory" - figure it out.

Fine ;)

Just felt like making some sense for a while. About the mod.

From what I gather, the mod has some very good aspects indeed. I've been waning for a good practice map for GR for a long long time, and I hope the Dynacomp team put together a good one. I also think the idea of taking away the sniper group and replacing it with the grenadier is a good idea. It's not as revolutionary as it's put out to be, but it's a very good idea.

I also like the fact that the team is redoing the character models based on current US operatives from scratch, and not just redoing the taxtures on the operatives we've had since Groundhog day. THat's beautiful. I would even say the textures look better than the AAO textures I've seen in my days. The textures do come across a bit cartoony but I'm hoping that the team polishes up that look in time.

The weapons promise to be a fine assortment of GR weapons, accurately modeled both physically and aesthetically as we have seen. Para is known to do very good work and will make You rethink about stab times, I know he did me when we were chatting about it before. I still think some of the textures need some work, for instance the M249 which looks a bit cell shaded, and the camoed SPR which has paint on parts operatives wouldn't usually paint over. All in all this sounds like a very exciting mod!

What I do NOT like is the way it is marketed. Like You said Rocky, it's a mod for a game! It's not going to make me think outside the box, or make me find things in my life that weren't there. It's not going to make me a more profround or deep person and I resent the religious tone of Paras statement. Dynacomp is a wonderful mod, way overdue for GR. But the team have made a mistake in marketing it the way they do. Riddles, secrets... It is not mature or business oriented. It's the Matrix is what it is. And that's my opinion.

Fine ;)

Just felt like making some sense for a while. About the mod.

From what I gather, the mod has some very good aspects indeed. I've been waning for a good practice map for GR for a long long time, and I hope the Dynacomp team put together a good one. I also think the idea of taking away the sniper group and replacing it with the grenadier is a good idea. It's not as revolutionary as it's put out to be, but it's a very good idea.

I also like the fact that the team is redoing the character models based on current US operatives from scratch, and not just redoing the taxtures on the operatives we've had since Groundhog day. THat's beautiful. I would even say the textures look better than the AAO textures I've seen in my days. The textures do come across a bit cartoony but I'm hoping that the team polishes up that look in time.

The weapons promise to be a fine assortment of GR weapons, accurately modeled both physically and aesthetically as we have seen. Para is known to do very good work and will make You rethink about stab times, I know he did me when we were chatting about it before. I still think some of the textures need some work, for instance the M249 which looks a bit cell shaded, and the camoed SPR which has paint on parts operatives wouldn't usually paint over. All in all this sounds like a very exciting mod!

What I do NOT like is the way it is marketed. Like You said Rocky, it's a mod for a game! It's not going to make me think outside the box, or make me find things in my life that weren't there. It's not going to make me a more profround or deep person and I resent the religious tone of Paras statement. Dynacomp is a wonderful mod, way overdue for GR. But the team have made a mistake in marketing it the way they do. Riddles, secrets... It is not mature or business oriented. It's the Matrix is what it is. And that's my opinion.

Well, Gryphon, we do the riddles and secrecy so that you don't learn everything about it. This is a rather big project that's going to take a lot of time. So, you've got to have something I like to call patience. It's the ability to wait for things. If you wanted to know something bout DYNACOMP, then solve the riddles. Be satisfied with what you've got, cause that's bout it for a while.

Yeh I like the riddles side of things, as do alot of people, people into conspiracies etc etc.

It's not everybody's cup of tea granted, I'm intrigued though :thumbsup:

edit >

I resent the religious tone of Paras statement.

I missed it totally, even on a second read - maybe it got me on a subliminal level :devil:

Edited by Rocky

Yeah, yeah - but why the unneccesarily provocative language? I completely understand the need... Starship Troopers, Ghany, Canadops2, all these great mods on the way, but the way they do it is by just posting what they have when they have it. What You do is give us a picture and say something like "This mod is going to blow Your mind. We could tell You but then we'd have to kill You"

I've not seen that sort of arrogant language anywhere in GR before and it makes me unsettled. It's a shame that it ruins such a great mod for me because I really wanted to enjoy Dynacomp. I even played along with the riddle thing for a while, but then I realized that the point of the riddle was to make us poor saps long while You chuckle at our demand! Well no more for me is all I'm trying to say...

gryphon,

if the term "think outside the box"

makes u nervous

you wont understand DYNACOMP when it comes out

and will be reading the stories others have posted

about their adventures in DYNACOMP.

when the summary is publicly displayed

hopefully then u can realize

the storyline better than u do now.

and agian sorry if it offends you but

if u dont think outside the box

actually stop and think about whats going on in the storyline

the mission will seem pointless to you and you will just go along as any other mission youve played from a gr mod

and wont even get half of the story of DYNACOMP.

when the mod comes out gryphon please take the time and read all the briefings about the mission youre about to play the info is vital.

We could tell You but then we'd have to kill You

when was this said and whats the date on it?

and have u not ever seen one of those old spy flicks

or watched a movie made in the 80's?

its a funny saying, it was a joke.

See this is exactly what I mean. You remind me of my Sunday school teacher threatening I'll go to hell if I don't read the bible very very carefully...

Here's my gripe - what's there to understand? They're missions, in a good mod, for a good game - why can't we leave it at that. What can You possibly program into the GR engine to justify those claims? If You said the missions require tactical decisionmaking on a never before seen scale in GR, I'd buy it! But You're making it sound like if I polay my cards right and play along with everything You say, in essence giving You control over my soul, You'll give me something for it. I don't get what Your post has to do with GR or anything resembling GR. Talk about the missions, not about philosophy.

after my long 3 days at work,

this is amusing me so, im gonna play along :P

noone from DYNACOMP

is going to tell you personally

details of how we set it up

that wouldnt be for anyone.

ill tell you this

If You said the missions require tactical decisionmaking on a never before seen scale in GR, I'd buy it!

u said you'd buy it, so....