While Waiting For A GR2 That May Never

connie lingus

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow! 18 people will buy one! That's all of ...$800.00 for UBI! Whopee....that will pay for...NOTHING

Sorry to be a pessimist, but 10 years you will look back on this and say, "damn. I was thinner then."

But you will not be playing GR2. Please don't flame me, I am afraid of fire.

Greetings!

Apparently you do not understand how polls work.

Polls do not test everyone, just a representative sample.

So far, out of 20 responses 18 say YES which is 90%. Theoretically this sample percentage should be close to what the whole number is.

If 90% of GR players buy an expansion pack, then UBI makes a big score(and so do we). :ph34r:

Note to the Moderators: If your interested to see a large number of responses---try making this poll a sticky!

Anything that extends the life of or enhances this game will have my support as long as the core features remain the same. IE ability to host and join free internet based games and the ability to use MODS

Stout Hearts

=UE=Warhawk

I would gladly shell out a few extra dollars for another expansion pack.

I just don't want to be playing a new expansion pack and a few days later UBI releases some offical statement saying, ''Due to blah blah blah, the latest GR expansion disc is the final in the GR series....." <_<

Meaning, the only reason for the expansion was to shut up the people complaining the UBI doesn't care about the GR series anymore.

Anyways, bring on the next expansion!

:o=:D^_^:o:hehe:bigsmile.gifdroooool.gifplease.gifzorro.gif

whistle.gif

I voted no I own gr and its expansions and its held my attention since day one, but i wont buy another expansion i want gr2 , i want better graphics i want a game easier to mod for.

I wouldnt care if they reworked the original GR into a newer more user friendly format, keep what we like so much but improve the graphics and enviroment add the stuff you modders have been wanting but have always been limited by the gr engine.

my 2 cents worth

I also voted no.

Assuming there is a GR2, and RSE could only work on one project, which is just a better idea: A sequel, or just some expansion that would be based on a very dated, non-competitive engine and would never be as popular?

The pc market just can't compete with the console. Sure, the games are better by far and they're moddable, but there are just more people with consoles than pcs..let alone pcs powerful enough to run todays games. Take a look at the playstaion 2 for instance: the hardware is inferior to gamecube and xbox, but it is the console with the widest user-base. That's why you see way more PSX2 games on the shelf compared to xbox and gc. It's less of a financial risk to developers if they made a game for PSX2 than any other platform because it's more likely to sell.

Your poll is pretty meaningless unless it takes on a much larger forum. Even if you get 20,000 "yes's," it's still not enough to turn a profit.

Plus, dont whine that console games are getting more attention than pc. The game started on pc, with 2 expansion packs and alot of user-created mods, but consoles have had NO ghost recon until about a year ago. It is the consoles' turn. Ubi is spreading the love. The downloadable content on the xbox is just desert siege maps.

Edited by The_Edge

Greetings!

@the edge

What you say about console games outselling PC games is undisputed.

However, your understanding of how polls work is not:

I don't need 20,000 or even 2000 votes to make my point valid, the law of averages says that between 85-95% of GR players will buy an expansion pack no matter how many people respond. This means that it's a profitable idea, especially since the maps and missions already exist, and just need to be converted to the PC platform.

BTW--very few people bother to vote in polls, look how many views to votes as a ratio. :ph34r:

I still dont believe there are enough *active* GR players that warrant another expansion and make it possible for Ubi to make a profit. "Profit" meaning earning back the cost of the product cycle plus more.. There are ~700 people playing on ubi.com which isn't very much. Granted that says nothing about private games on LAN or whatever. Doesn't really matter how you look at it, I doubt an expansion from Ubi is going to happen for pc players.

Why not a largescale community mod?

I am going to vote no...here are my reasons

1. I WANT/MUST HAVE GR2

2. I think the only thing that another expansion could add is maps, modders have made awesome skins, the greatest weapons, and missions 20 times better than the RSE ones...there are awesome maps coming out...but not in the quanitity that RSE can make

3. I WANT/MUST HAVE GR2

Despite the game's loyal fanbase, perhaps Ubi [it being a French company] are upset with the allies in Iraq and the post war rebuild 'party' that they've not being invited to.

Basically, we're being punished people :wall:

DS :santa:

PS NOTE - This is not meant to be political people. I'm just making light of our frustrations. ;)

Edited by Dick Splash

Despite the game's loyal fanbase, perhaps Ubi [it being a French company] are upset with the allies in Iraq and the post war rebuild 'party' that they've not being invited to.

Basically, we're being punished people :wall:

Yeh, that really must be it, it's so obvious now you say it :blink:

Dick, lay off the Political Trolling, this is your first and final warning.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

No, I'm sure it has nothing to do with Ubi being french.

Ubi Soft is a International video game company and if the so called reason they didn't make another over the war in Iraq- there wouldn't be anymore of their games released over here in the states. Infact, lately there has been a flood of Ubi Soft games on the market, and alot of them are very very good. :D

I think/feel maybe Ubi has decieded to shift gears to games with more of a ''hands on'' story development. (excluding RvS of course). I mean, alot of their currnet games have been solid SP games. (PoP:SoT,SC,XIII,etc).

GR2 may take awhile if they do/did make it more story orienated.

Besides, why would they build a Ubi Soft headquarters in Iraq?

Look at US/Colition forces better for GR2?

Maybe get locals for voice acting? :lol:

I think not. :P

*goes off to play GR and XIII*