Im Worried

Crimson

Well, if anyone of you have a LeadTek 3d card, you know when you install the software for it, you get some pretty nifty little features with it. Take for example one of the WinFast tabs:

WinFastTab.jpg

Now, looking into DXDiag, I see this:

DXDiagDisplay.jpg

If you'll notice, both say something about AGP being disabled. Now, I checked my BOIS, and it's set to AGP and not PCI... so what gives?

Yeah, im running 42.81 drivers. I like them a lot so far. Makes RvS run a lot faster. Its just, it bothers me. It makes me feel like im missing out with my 3d card, and im not getting near to all of its performance. (To give an example, I get around 6,000 marks on 3D Mark 2001SE.) But your right, if it isnt broke, dont try and fix it. :wacko:

Four words: OMFG. I now know what was making my computer crash last year, which lasted about six months before it was fixed. The AGP driver. 3D Mark crashes, Ghost Recon crashes the computer, blah blah. At least now I know what the problem is: AGP mode makes my computer crash... weeeeeeeeeeee!

Is there any way I can revert back to the old AGP driver? Im running Windows 2000 Professional.

Did it. Went to VIA's website and downloaded the oldest one I could, working my way up. Installed the video and AGP drivers from my LeadTek disc, and that also didnt work. Looks like I have to reformat and reinstall Windows 2000... just what I was looking forward to... again. My motherboard has given me more headaches than school has. Hard to believe I know. Anytime Ive updated my AGP driver, it screws up the whole system. Any time I update my 3d card drivers, I need to reinstall the AGP drivers... am I seeing a never ending process of me kicking my computer? (Almost literally.)

DONT BUY HP COMPUTERS!

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY! I had a little extra money, so I bought a new Western Digital 7200 RPM 60 GIG HD, replacing the old Maxtor 40 GIG 5400 RPM HD, and a Memorex 52x24x52 CD-RW burner, replacing the old external, 16x4x16 HP CD-RW burner. Life is back to normal.