$350 Computer

Ruin

Ruin, ever considered a pre-paid credit card? That would probably be your best route. You put money on the card, spend it all on a site and no credit card number to steal (if that's your parent's fear).

Where would I begin to look for info on this? Soudns like what I need. Just add cash on it and boom, it works? Are there interest charges? What?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, scratch that idea. dad just had a BIG NO to ordering online. No word on whether or not he'd do this by phone though.

And yes, I was wrong, I did just a rounded estimate for a computer, and it is cheaper to build your own. $850 for a computer that would cost probably closer to $1000 in store (80G HD, Pentium $ 2GHz, 256RAM, GeForce4 Ti4400, 17" Monitor, KeyB and Mouse, along with a Sound Card and CD-RW/DVD-Rom, oh yeah.. and a case. :) )

Ruin I know Ashville is just up the road a piece from y'all. There has to be a PC store that sells parts cheaper than you could get at CompUsa. You can go there and get the parts you want and cheaper than buying one complete. You will even save on shipping and handling. Grab the phone book and look in it to see what there is.

Gertronics Computers is one place I found with a quick Google search and here are more at Computer and Software Stored Area Code 704 Business Listings. Heck you could try to talk your folks into driving to Atlanta (3 hour drive) and there are many stores around here that you can get parts at comparable to online.

ok after reading this forum and reading bout pci and agp made me think since im going to get a new vid card.i just want to know how can u tell the difference like to look in the case or whatever or look around in the computar when its runnin

To see if you can use an AGP vid card you will have to open the case. Unplug everything and unplug it from the wall. As you look at the front of your PC, take the left side panel off. You don't have to touch anything inside to see, but look for a brown slot that is about half way up the board and are half as big as the white slots at the bottom of the board. You may have to move cable out of the way, but before you do touch at least the power supply to discharge any static eletricity you may hae built up in you (you don't want to fry something unintentionally.)