Ghost Recon.net Forums

-[NCM]- FAMAS G2 Armoury

Guys, I'm thinking about doing another mod as a side project to "Full Intention".

The mod in question will be called: "FAMAS G2 Armoury". It will have all the FAMAS' from "Full Intention" in it plus some new ones. Ya see, I know alot of people are fans of the ol' FAMAS so I just thought that putting all me FAMAS' in a mod for a weapons mod would be a good idea.

I will be doing all the real life variants of the FAMAS for the FAMAS Armoury mod.

So, there will be the G2 variants:

- FAMAS G2

- FAMAS G2/scope

- FAMAS G2/M203

- FAMAS G2/silencer

- FAMAS G2 Commando (405mm barrel

- FAMAS G2 Sniper (620mm barrel with integral scope mount instead of carry handle)

- FAMAS G2 SMG (320mm barrel)

I may do other variants like ones with laser sights or flashlights etc (if the flashlight/laser sight variants exist that is....).

The only diffences between the F1 and the G2 is that the F1 has a smaller mag capacity (25 rounds proprietary) than the G2 (30 rounds STANAG).

I've even got pics of a FAMAS F2....it's a cross between an F1 and G2....

And, yes, the FAMAS submachine gun DOES exist. Here's proof:

famas_g2_all.jpg

Also, I might have a go at making this beast:

famas_g2felin.jpg

Info on the above FAMAS:

FAMAS-FELIN system prototype (2001). Modified FAMAS G2 rifle fitted with electronic day/night optical sight, laser rangefinder and an interface to the other soldier equipment, such as helmet-mounted display (HMD).

Also, I need some better pics of the FAMAS G2 SMG, the one I got is way to samll to model from....so if anyone knows of any good FAMAS G2 SMG pics, lemme know.

Lemme know what ya think....

Are you kidding?..........The French were a major force in GW1,If I recall the French Brigade was the one who pushed the furthest North in the quickest time.

Also elements of the 2eme REP C.R.A.P(Their equivalent of Force Recon I belive) also seen action.

2eme REP will be in my "Full Intention" mod....FI is based in Corsica and there is a 2eme REP unit stationed at the military airbase at Calvi, north Corsica. AM I right in thinking, the 2eme REP woodland camo is just plain dark green? I can't find any good pics on Google. What I have found though, shows 'em with all dark green woodland camo. I've got some French Army woodland camo skins for my Full Intention mod already.

I also heard from someone that the 2eme REP unit on Corsica were once involved in military action against the Corsican terrorist organisation: FLNC (Front de Libération Nationale de la Corse)[National Liberation Front of Corsica]. I don't know if the fact that the 2eme REP on Corsica went into agaisnt the FLNC is true though. In "Full Intention", you will be fighting against the FLNC. The UN and the Ghosts will also be fighting the FLNC....

Anyways, back on topic, I aint got any screenies of the Famas' yet. I'm waiting for Snared Gambit to finish texturing them....

I was just in corsica this summer.. :ph34r:

didn't get to see any famas monstrosities though. I'm sure it's a capable weapon but I mean, come on! that thing looks like a real gun with an enormous pair of dental braces attached. for .223 bullpups I'll stick with the steyr, eh.

The French suck they dont deserve a wonderful weapon like FAMAS that british deserve it more since the SA-80 sucks badly with mags falling all the time. lets give the SA-80s to the french and the FAMAS to the brits ;)

Posts like that make me wonder if it is a good idea to put French troops in my mod. I've seen many posts in these forums slagging off the French.

I know what ya mean man, however, I have to include the French Army in FI mod otherwise it aint realistic....Corsica is a French province (so to speak). 2eme REP stationed there. So I have to put them in. But with all this animosity i dunno....maybe we'll script it so if u kill a French soldier, the mission will automaticly fail.....

Sod it, I'm gonna put them in. If ppl wanna kill the French soldiers in FI mod then so be it....

Edited by -[NCM]- .:Nightmare:.
The French suck they dont deserve a wonderful weapon like FAMAS that british deserve it more since the SA-80 sucks badly with mags falling all the time. lets give the SA-80s to the french and the FAMAS to the brits ;)

Good idea.

Hey Guys , dont you know the French Army Mod by PetitJean & Froggy... (Skins&Weapons)very good Work , ... at this moment Froggy is in "CoteD'Ivoire" where FrenchArmy is involved ... (i Wish the better for him)

http://www.clandgse.org/ -> Navigation -> download ...

you can find it here , with his tinyPatch...

Edited by DGSE_Valdez
actually, instead of that let's get the french onboard first the next time we start a war. they're one of the few nations in europe with significant numbers of combat experienced troops.

@Swifty

What experience would that be? How to drop your rifle and hold up a white flag. Or just run away till the US and Britain come save them??

OR Maybe its those crazy guys the French Foreign (?) Legion!

But hey like I said when this thread opened

I GOT SOME GREAT BRAND NEW FRENCH RIFLES! NEVER BEEN BEEN SHOT AND ONLY BE DROPPED ONCE.

>>Posts like that make me wonder if it is a good idea to put French troops in my mod. I've seen many posts in these forums slagging off the French.<<

Ignore them. Being able to disagree with other nations on specifics while remaining allies in general is something some people find hard to grasp. France took a different tack in Iraq, but was there in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Kosovo, Desert Storm and elsewhere. Not to mention the peacekeeping and combat missions they pull without US assistance (against Libya in Chad, for instance and in the Ivory Coast and DRC).

People conveniently forget that the US once stood against Britain, France and Israel in time of war (Suez/Sinai).

>>What experience would that be?<<

Let's see (Restricting ourselves to post-1900):

Afghanistan

Kosovo

Bosnia

Ivory Coast

Democratic Republic of Congo

Somalia

Iraq

Lebanon

Chad

Zaire (Kolwezi)

Vanuatu

Djibouti

Algeria

Vietnam (Dien Bien Phu)

Suez

WWII (Liberation of France, FFI, Russian Campaign, Operation Torch, Western Desert Campaign, Syria, Dakar, Oran, Battle of Britain, Battle of France, Norwegian Campaign)

WWI

China (Boxer Rebellion)

"How to drop your rifle and hold up a white flag."

It's the one thing they seem to lack experience in, even when hopelessly outnumbered. Dien Bien Phu, Operation Torch, Oran/Mers el Kebir, Camerone.

"Maybe its those crazy guys the French Foreign (?) Legion!"

With their French officers and the 40 to 50% of Legionaires who are officially Swiss or French-Canadian yet have suspiciously mainstream French accents...