Down for a few days...

Dark Ranger

Starting tomorrow, DR will be absent for 2-3 days, cause I'm going to build/rebuild 2 computers here.

First off, the one in my sig is getting a new HDD, Case, CD-Rom, CD-R/W, 80mm fans, keyboard, mouse, and a different monitor. Then some of the existing components are going to my other rig I'm building, which is less powerful, but will be used primarily as a work-from-home and study machine. (I will be taking the MCSE course soon) Basically, I'm rebuilding my very first machine from before I upgraded it to the one in my sig. :blink:

So here are the new parts...

For my existing 'puter it gets:

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 8MB Cache 7200 RPM HDD

CoolerMaster nifty Aluminum Full-Tower with 4 fans pre-installed(including a top blowhole)

Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard and Microsoft 2 button w/scroll optical mouse(hate the 5-button Intellimouse with a passion!)

Asus 52x CD-Rom and Acer BenQ 48x16x48 CD-R/W

Newpoint Surge Protector (2670 Joules)

KDS 19" XF-9e flat-screen CRT :rocky:

Mitsumi 3.5" FDD

D-Link 4port router w/print sharing port

For my new computer it will use some existing hardware from my attic:

Jabil AMD Motherboard

AMD 750MHz Slot A processor

256 PC800 Kingston SDRam

Riva TNT2 gfx

My existing HDD, CD-Rom and CD-R/W, FDD, fans, keyboard, mouse, case and monitor.

New components ordered include:

SB Live! 5.1 card

Creative Labs I-Truige 3300 2.1 system :rocky:

Antec TruePower 380Watt

So the rest of the week will be spent getting this computer up, then my personal home-office machine working. Maybe I'll post a screenie of the new aluminum case...it's pretty sweet.

I shouldn't run into any problems...wait, I can't say that. :)

If it does fail, I'm sure Stinger will volunteer to help you fix it :lol:

Sure I can help, if you want a guy who toasted his box installing a Ram Sink and a 20mm fan. :D All you AMD people gangin up on the big man eh. MUAHAHAHAHA I will plot my revenge...till we meet again... :devil:

Oh and run 3D Mark on the new rig for me :D

DR, I'd be interested in hearing how the coolermaster case works out. I've been looking at building a computer but need just a bit more cash before I do. I've been asking different folks about their cases' plus/minus points as the case is the area of least knowledge for me. Thanks in advance.

The case is actually the simplest part. All it does it hold the components in place, nothing more or less. You can take a cheaper case if you want and cut some holes and install fans with custom grills, if you need more cooling.

For all the components care, you could leave them exposed in various places on your desktop, so long as you're careful not to touch them while the power is on :)

The case is actually the simplest part.  All it does it hold the components in place, nothing more or less.  You can take a cheaper case if you want and cut some holes and install fans with custom grills, if you need more cooling.

For all the components care, you could leave them exposed in various places on your desktop, so long as you're careful not to touch them while the power is on :)

The simplest but also the most appealing IMO. It is a symbol of your PC, a bad case can make your super PC look like ####. Yet a great one can make a POS look like Gold. And dont forget all the cooling options. Gotta love a cooling fettish. :D

Moderator edit. Don't try and bypass the swear filters by using different letters or symbols. This is your warning.

Edited by WhiteKnight77

The case is actually the simplest part.  All it does it hold the components in place, nothing more or less.  You can take a cheaper case if you want and cut some holes and install fans with custom grills, if you need more cooling.

The simplest but also the most appealing IMO. It is a symbol of your PC, a bad case can make your super PC look like ####. Yet a great one can make a POS look like Gold. And dont forget all the cooling options. Gotta love a cooling fettish. :D

Moderator edit. Don't try and bypass the swear filters by using different letters or symbols. This is your warning.

Yeah make sure to please. Along with the 3DMarks. Sorry for Bypassing the swear filter, I didn't even know I did it. Must have slipped sorry.