H&K MP-7 PDW in use

Tollen

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is that mp5 suppresed?

The real question should be, why not?

I guessing they might've had some increased security and armed the gaurds/soldiers with whatever was on hand.

(could the be reason why MP-7 is shown)

Edited by Zantar45

Not to get into an arguement, but this picture kind of makes me wonder about your post Cink:

17164978.DEVGRU4_Operator.jpg

There you have a DEVGRU operator running security for afghan officials, basically the same job as the Koreans. Perhaps they just have the suppresors on because it's something they prefer. But, let's not get into a heated debate. Personally, and I have fired an actual M4, I prefer the suppresor on. I dunno why, but I just felt a lot better shooting it when it was on.

Well, how do you know he's security?

And as far as Dev, how do you even know he is Dev. cos some site said so? dont beleieve everything you see, for all you know, he could be DSS, a Beret even.

we still dont even know what the hell those Koreans are doing either.

I suppose in that case, i shouldnt question why they are using them then.

You havent fired a m4, at people, under fire, or at people at longer ranges. You havent had to worry about giving urself away, or your teamates away.

Just dont make sense to me, someone whos actually been in the military enlighten me? :rocky:

BTW: you said SF, SF are Berets, not SEALs ;)

Edited by Marcinko

Still stubborn aren't we cink? ;)

Well, how do you know he's security?

And as far as Dev, how do you even know he is Dev. cos some site said so? dont beleieve everything you see, for all you know, he could be DSS, a Beret even

1st, that's specifically what they're doing. Here's the source. Tell me, do they look like they're doing security operations and protecting peoplse.

And I don't know he's DEVGRU. I'm fairly sure, because if you take a look at those pics, most of the M4s are not only DEVGRU editions, but they've got the Naval Special Warfare crane stock. That of course doesn't rule out the possibility of him being on a SEAL team, or any other SOF team for that matter.

You havent fired a m4, at people, under fire, or at people at longer ranges. You havent had to worry about giving urself away, or your teamates away.

Sure haven't. I was simply stating that I felt more comfortable firing the weapon with the QD on. I don't know about anyone else. It was just a personal example.

Just dont make sense to me, someone whos actually been in the military enlighten me?

That would be spectacular.

BTW: you said SF, SF are Berets, not SEALs 

Forgot to add the o. Meant Special Operations Forces. Just using it as a general term :)

Sides, why do we even argue about things we don't know about. :P

Edited by snared_gambit

Just to add, I don't think you guys should make a fuss over the topic, it's no big deal. The trooper in question could have been assigned the weapon, or chose it for personal preferance, who knows? One reason a SD is better suited (Especialy in CQB/Urban) would be for the muzzle report. Guns are very loud, and one can quickly be deafened without hearing protection when shooting, especially in CQB and Urban battles.

Yup, always will be stubborn :rocky:

Yea, i knew Pic would come in, whats up man.

Just tryin to prove a point.

So, enlighten as to where to how, you can identify a unit by the weapon they use. Half the U.S. military uses m4's.

I speek to Army and Marine guys, that use the NSW Crane on their, SPR's, and m4's.

ur right, this is silly, but like i said, just tryin to prove a point.

I dont even know what they are doing in that picture, the Koreans, so i shouldnt have asked. rather chilidish argument at that.

u started it :P:lol:

Also don't forget that in the immediate area there may be lots of civilians in the area, which may not have noticed the situation but will if you start firing a non-supressed weapon which will cause panic and most likely cause the civilians to obscure the tango. If I were in that situation I would probably use the operator with MP5SD to fire first and neutralise the threat and then use the MP7 if it is required to eliminate the target.

Also one suggestion I would like to make is that maybe for these type of forums to have a few members who have been in the military and who have used the most common weapons fielded by miltary units and police tactical to be specfically named as advisors to help clarify what a piece of equipment (such as a real firearm) can do in the real world.

(The MP5SD looks to be the MP5SD6 Variant with a 3-round burst pictorial trigger group.)

Edited by Seal-ST6