Bush's visit

Suli

most of you have probly heard but i thought what bush did for the troops in iroq was ....well i dont have words to describe it.

for those that havent heard he snuck away from his ranch jumped on a plane and served our troops turkey in iroq. ( the short version )

:thumbsup:

What a surprise! <_< Ignorance is bliss.

"It begins in the 1970's in Houston, Texas, when George W. Bush was just starting out in his family's two businesses of politics and oil. The powerful - and very rich - Bin Laden family helped fund his first venture into oil.

The cozy friendship continued for decades. After a terrorist attack at a barracks in Saudi Arabia which killed 19 Americans, the bin Laden family received a multi-billion dollar contract to re-build. And incredibly, George Bush Sr. was in a business meeting at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington on the morning of September 11th with one of Osama Bin Laden's brothers."

Merry Christmas everyone, and down with free speech there's no room for that on this website! (Unless your pro-Bush that is.)

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

ya so many of those protester are like " Bush has an easy job and sucks at it." Well protesters would YOU seek out :ph34r: on thanksgiving and go to Iraq and vist troops?? i don't think so!! <_<

and ithink he is one of the best Presidents we have had in LONG time!! :lol::lol:;):D

Edited by Sir.K

ya so many of those protester are like " Bush has an easy job and sucks at it." Well protesters would YOU seek out :ph34r: on thanksgiving and go to Iraq and vist troops?? i don't think so!! <_<

and ithink he is one of the best Presidents we have had in LONG time!! :lol::lol:;):D

Good point...you sure don't see many protesters out and about on holidays...now do ya...

Well Bush does appear to be a bit of an idiot and a trigger happy type of man, which scares me somewhat. But my view of him is changing, just slightly. He's obviously growing into the position now.

I must admit, he hasn't had an easy ride of it so far what with 9/11....

Well Bush does appear to be a bit of an idiot

How so? What's your net worth? What diplomas do you hold, and from where? A man does not become President in the US unless he is qualified intellectually.

What facts or proof do you cite in making such a claim? So what if he makes the occasional mistake in grammar in a few of his countless speeches? Why don't you try to give as many as he does and see if you nail them all.

The man is a leader, and not afraid to act to uphold the duties of his office as outlined in the US Constitution. I'll take those traits over an "accomplished orator" career politician like clinton or gore anyday.

You should think a little more before making such an ignorant remark about a Country's leader.

Let me start off by saying that I don't think Bush is an idiot. I don't like him, but he's not an idiot. (I would have to agree with Cobblers about him being trigger happy, but that debate is more suited to The Arena over on tango-down.net.)

But there is a big problem with what you said.

What's your net worth? What diplomas do you hold, and from where? A man does  not  become President in the US unless he is qualified intellectually..

Net worth and diplomas have nothing to do with intelligence.

Let's take Paris Hilton as an example. She is filthy rich, but she's as stupid as someone can be and still manage to remember to breath.

Bush is from a rich family. He's the son of a president and the grandson of a senator. He's had every oportunity you can possibly have to get ahead. He'd have to be the world's biggest screw up (or the dumbest person in history) to not be rich.

And don't get me started on stupid people who have degrees. That is probably the worst indicator I can think of for intelligence.

Before you "kick off", read my first post, and then read the rest of this;

Call me old fashioned, but US Presidents don't become Presidents after passing IQ tests, they require votes to be elected.

I don't think that inherited wealth and privilage has hurt him either!

No flaming please!

DS (CoD HQ)

Well I won't reply to the replies of my previous post, flaming is not what I'm going to get into.

But back to the original meaning of this thread, Bush's visit to Iraq was a great one, very nice for all the US soldiers I'm sure. Just a pity that his trip to the UK wasn't held with so much appeal.

Let's take Paris Hilton as an example. She is filthy rich, but she's as stupid as someone can be and still manage to remember to breath.

How do you know? How much time have you spent with her? Ever seen her IQ test? I could just as easily make the same gratuitious assertions about you or any other stranger here. Bottom line is when you make a statement like that about someone you really don't know, you're just talking out your rear.

Wealth and degrees might not be the most accurate measure of a stranger's intellect, but they are most certainly a better measuring stick than anything else I have seen mentioned.

Call me old fashioned, but US Presidents don't become Presidents after passing IQ tests, they require votes to be elected.

Well, call me American, so I know how we run our Presidential elections. I don't vote to place my confidence in a man of average or less than intelligence, and neither does anyone else I know.

Bottom line, the liberals always resort to personal attacks, and they held true to form with Bush, grasping for whatever bs they could halfway make stick. He makes some grammatical errors and so they decide to attack his intellect. Those of you who were naive enough to buy into that mud-slinging should try and do some actual unbiased research and form a truly objective understanding. Especially you non-Americans that want to attack our President.

Edited by ReconSnake

As a former member of the US military, I felt Pres. Bush did a wonderful thing in visiting the troops in Iraq. He could have just said ###### it and had dinner with his family, but he chose to fly into a war zone that could have potentially disastrous outcome. IMO that takes more balls than anyone could imagine. The liberal media can't understand why he did that, hell even yesterday, Neal Bortz (Altanta Talk radio host) related a story that was in the Washington Post about the tray of turkey that Pres. Bush was holding in the picture that everyone had seen was a lie just like the rest of his term in office because the troops actually were served turkey other than what he was holding. The turkey in the picture was a centerpiece. IMO it's asinine to really have to nitpick a good dead. So what if he was only holding a centerpiece that wasn't being feed to the troops. If Pres. Reagan had visited us in the field (11 miles from the DMZ in Korea,) I would have loved every minute of it.