Converting to Invision Board

WytchDokta

I was thingking of "converting" my forums from phpBB to Invision Board 1.1.

There is a "Official phpBB2 to Invision Power Board 1.1" converter over at their website. Do you guys think I should get Invision Power Board? I think it would be a great idea b/c the forums I got right now are useless.

I need to download InvisionBoard v1.1 first before the converter don't I?

Edited by -[NCM]- .:Nightmare:.

Actualluy I've been thinking, It'd be better for me to have totally new forums rather than convert my phpBB2 forums. You see, my phpBB2 forums are hosted on my free website. The rest of my website is hosted on my paid website. I don't have much space on my free site, so it would be better to put my IPB forums on my paid website server.

:wall: now I can't configure "mySQL" properly....

Edited by -[NCM]- .:Nightmare:.

i have been wanting to change our snitz forum for awhile now seeing the new forums that are coming out. the only problem is we will lose everything from the old one right? is there no way of transfering some kind of archive, or just keep the old forum as a backup for awhile?

Super-Bob, maybe you can help me. How do I set up a new mySQL database for my forums? I had one set up for my phpBB2 forums, but I can't remember how I made the database. I did notice that in my phpBB2 mySQl database there was files like: config.php, auth_acess.php,posting.php, etc, but I don't remember putting those files in there. Do I need to upload certain files to mySQL or something?

In the IPB install you give it the DB name, and the username and pass for it, it does all the work. It comes with an install manual that makes an already easy install even easier.

@Hotdog, the only way to transfer snitz to IPB as of now it to convert to phpBB, then convert to IPB.