Captive/Panic/Hostage

Mamon

Two part post; First in the Igor response menu you can set AI to Captive, Panic or Hostage. What is the essential difference between these?

What I want to do is have enemy AI run in a particular way, like when they are captured and following you. Is there a way to have them run this way, along a path and without having them following player platoon?

• 16 years later...
On 24/11/2003 at 20:22, Stalker said:

Hostage--> actor will use his weapon

Captive---> won't use his weapon

Panic--> makes him surrender

I strongly doubt that, I never saw it in any mission that hostage use his weapon (if hostage behavior is set), just tried in my own ..it does not work for me, also it does not work in P2 mod p203_walking_wolf...if any of you can recall any mission where this work, please let me know

• 2 months later...
On 09/08/2020 at 13:38, die7 said:

I strongly doubt that, I never saw it in any mission that hostage use his weapon (if hostage behavior is set), just tried in my own ..it does not work for me, also it does not work in P2 mod p203_walking_wolf...if any of you can recall any mission where this work, please let me know

Hostage Actor/Team  use weapon.

Captive Actor/Team  no save weapon.

If it is an ally, the weapon remains with him, he did not check whether it will be used or not.

This works for allies in mission 4.

Edited by RussiaGhost
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2020 at 14:42, die7 said:

good hint, this is true in mission 4 works, need to understand why..thank you

This is easy to do.

Group: <Default>
Comment:

Trigger Event:
   Vehicle 33 has been destroyed.
Responses:
   Allow this block to be reactivated.
   Set all members of Team 31 to hostage behavior.

If i destroy Vehicle 33 i can Team 31 as hostage.

4 hours ago, RussiaGhost said:

need to understand why

@RussiaGhost I know how to set hostage behavior, this is nobrainer..the issue is following:

as long on the beginning of the mission hostage has no weapon , once get secured and get the weapon he will not fire, just follow.

To get hostage to follow and to fire the weapon it was needed to set HostageActorOff before he get the weapon, then to set it again to hostage behavior back, additional plan need to exist with alerts, roe (suppress)