Personal arsenal

Streinger

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, at this point I have a few knifes and swords. I tried to start collecting swords a few years back. But then I ran out of money to keep buying them (they're expensive these swords. One Katana was up to $1,500 ) so I stopped at 5. But they're handy enough. Plus I sort of know how to use most of them.

Out.

Let's see...

Glock 17 9mm w/hi cap mags

Glock 26 9mm for concealed carry

Springfield alloy frame 1911 w/Crimsontrace lasergrips

Bushmaster AR-15a2 w/m4 barrel in LE configuration w/c-more sight, tac-sling, magazine pouch on stock and set up w/ mount for M6 taclight/laser...heh heh (also, has urban camo paint job) I'll post pics when I get my digital camera back...

Trying to fanagle my way into a G36k...

Let's see...

Glock 17 9mm w/hi cap mags

Glock 26 9mm for concealed carry

Springfield alloy frame 1911 w/Crimsontrace lasergrips

Bushmaster AR-15a2 w/m4 barrel in LE configuration w/c-more sight, tac-sling, magazine pouch on stock and set up w/ mount for M6 taclight/laser...heh heh (also, has urban camo paint job) I'll post pics when I get my digital camera back...

Trying to fanagle my way into a G36k...

Nice listing! Don't blame you on the G36, nice weapon!

Several rifles/pistols in the latest version of Sniper Armoury are mine. Three or four more will be making their way into the new community mod as donations.

Latest addition, last Saturday, was a Glock 35 Tactical Longslide. :) Very fun little toy to play with. Shoots like a dream.

Edited by 300Mag

@ 300Mag, a Glock 35 is a .40 cal, right? I had a G22 but, to be honest, I didn't like the recoil characteristics of it...Well, most .40 cals actually...Seems like most a just 9mm with swapped barrels and not designed for the .40cal round...I would have imagined they've solved that when they developed the 35...Is that a 5" barrel?

Hey 300, are you LE or just someone I don't want to get on the badside of?? :o

Karma,

Lol. Nope, I'm really a fairly nice guy. Like many on this board, I have a military background. I've shot in competition in military and civilian circles and just enjoy the sport. It's a ton of fun.

The Glock 35 barrel length is 5.32 inches in length. The 40 caliber does have a good bit of snap to it. It takes a little getting used to it in mid-sized to small pistols. I have a Glock 23 and 27, both in 40S&W. The 23 is what I would call "snappy". The 27 is even more so. The G35 is easily the most comfortable pistol I have ever fired. The recoil, if you can call it that, comes straight back. Very little snap. It is also the most accurate semi-auto I've ever fired. I just came back from breaking it in at the indoor range and will post a pic of the pistol and target tonight. My friend and I did a little "bullseye" competition at 15 and 25 yards. I was very impressed with how the G35 handled and how well it shot. Karma, the G35 is identical in dimensions to the G22, except for barrel and slide length. G22 magazines can be used in the 35. The G35 barrel, although it would hang out the front of the slide an inch+, would fit and function perfectly if put in a G22.

With regard to the power of the 40S&W. The average 40S&W load will generate about 25 percent more power at the muzzle than the 9mm. This can differ widely based upon load selection for both calibers. With the longer barrel of the G35, the 40cal is moving out at about top speed for a pistol. It's a great pistol for this caliber.

Edited by 300Mag

Here's the G35. Target was at about 17 yards or so. Ten rounds, off hand, not rested. I've never owned nor fired a pistol that shoots this well so consistantly. I sent digital images of it to one of our talented modelers here on gr.net. It's already done and I've been having fun clearing out rooms with it ;)

user posted image

Edited by 300Mag

My dad has a G17 he's owned for a few years. I must admit, no large caliber semiauto pistol I've shot feels so good or accurate. Plus the fact you can shoot full DA, then let the trigger go forward a fraction of an inch, and fire again without a full DA pull is great.

Winchester Pump Action 12g 5 shot

Anschutz 22 Magnum

Remington 700 .17 Magnum with custom Hambly-Clark Stainless steel barrel

Remington 220 Swift (sweet! )

Well I did have all those until a few years ago when some d**khead ran amuck at Port Arthur. Now they're scrap metal :(

Edited by Jack57

My Personal Home Protection Kit:

Nerf Eagle-Eye + 5 large darts + Modified camera flash attachment

Nerf Secret Shot + 3 small darts + Laser pointer (office variety - psychological warfare purpose)

Nerf Bow & Arrow + 5 large arrows

Nerf Sharpshooter + 1 suction-cupped medium dart

Nerf Warthog + 1 small dart

Nerf Hold-Out Pistol + 2 small darts

Nerf 2nd Generation Bow & Arrow + 3 medium arrows + flashlight infra-dark duct-tape attachment

Super Soaker 30 + hose water supply attachment

My Additional Home Protection Kit:

3 Bean bags

1 Baby-blanket to tie around my neck as a cape when going into battle

1 Quicksilver baseball hat for additional head protection

1 pair of Oakley sunglasses ONLY to be worn at night in order to look meaner to the invaders.

1 portable pot of beans (hey, if it's an extended firefight and you're running out of ammo, you can at least stink'em out of your home, right? home made gas grenades, right?)

2 Golden Retrievers (for the purpose of eating the beans and running covert operations in case your haemorrhoids are acting up again)

$19.53 in a piggy-bank to be broken when additional darts or arrows are required to be purchased.

Thats it.. Mark has us all beat. Hands down.

1 pair of Oakley sunglasses ONLY to be worn at night in order to look meaner to the invaders.

Would you like one of my pairs? :) And they can be worn for mroe than that. I wear mine while Mountain Biking.

have a replica Viking ###### sword (hand-and-a-half sword) with 36 in. blade, made of high-carbon flex steel and a life long waranty against blade breakage.

plan on getting a berreta 92FS (M-9), only about $500 in the US. easy for a man with no job (ha!)

CLARK

I have a Syrian Sword, Craftsman Hunting Knife, Airsoft BB gun (sniper), Daisy BB gun (Pistol) and a Girlfriend.

With all those things, how do you keep a girlfriend?... ;)

Seriously, 1911A1 surplus .45

Glock 9mm (friend on Philly PD)

S&W 10mm (friend on WV State Police)

Edited by WEP_Magnum