Linux Pro's ?

Stinger, Linux is basicly a stable platform for servers and not much else. It's doesn't accept any Windows based programs without some emulator, and even then it isn't garanteed to work. Not to mention, all hardware must use special linux drivers which aren't that optimized due to lack of popularity for such things and thus are way below what their performance would be on a Windows system.

Unless you're running a web server or gaming server (CS can run on linux), forget about using it.

Okay, thanks. I dont trust websites cause so many are Pro Linux. Break away from Microsofts grasp and GO LINUX. And all the lies and crap thanks guys. I was gonna be able to get it pretty cheap like $15 so I didnt know if it was worth it or not. Again thanks :rocky:

Edit is FreeBSD the same then too?

Edited by Stinger

I have a questions if I dload Linux then once it is installed and all I am gonna need new drivers for my gfx card. Do I have to install them on Linux b4 I get them then somehow (I m thinkin if I dont then I cant see any screen when I boot with Linux). And is there a way to make it so that my puter always boots with XP unless I choose Linux when starting up? Cause I would like if it is possible to not have to always click on boot with XP when I start it up. I am mainly just getting it so that I can learn something new with Linux and all. Is FreeBSD better? Should I just try messin with it b4 Linux? Thanks

What should I do about the GFX drivers then? If I install Linux and it doesn't recognize them I am screwed cause I cant see zilch. I dont think I get that part. How do I get Linux to use the different drivers?

1 Mandrake

1 Redhat

Hmm...any other opinions?

Again thanks for helping a noob guys :)

Edited by Stinger