GR2 where?

Cuchillo*

Just adding to the flame...

I don't own an XBOX, why bcoz I have a PS2. why I have a PS2? coz our DVD player is actually a KARAOKE VCD/DVD player.

How many PS2 games I have? 2 : Grand Tourismo, Tekken Tag

When was the last time I played. 2 yrs ago.

2 YEARS AGO!

Why wont i get an XBOX? coz I have a PS2

Why wont I get an XBOX? coz I have a Athlon 1.8G w/ GF4 Ti4200 (in case that breaks, I have an ATI AIW 9700 still in a box) 80 GBHD

Why wont I get an XBOX? I just bought a 19in Viewsonic Monitor...black

Why wont I get an XBOX? Coz I can't play FPS (i.e GR ) with their gamepad

Why wont I get GR2? I dont have an XBOX

HELLO UBISOFT MARKETING TEAM!

Get the message.

Don't ruin a good thing.

we know you research here at GR.NET :nono:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just adding to the flame...

I don't own an XBOX, why bcoz I have a PS2. why I have a PS2? coz our DVD player is actually a KARAOKE VCD/DVD player.

How many PS2 games I have? 2 : Grand Tourismo, Tekken Tag

When was the last time I played. 2 yrs ago.

2 YEARS AGO!

Why wont i get an XBOX? coz I have a PS2

Why wont I get an XBOX? coz I have a Athlon 1.8G w/ GF4 Ti4200 (in case that breaks, I have an ATI AIW 9700 still in a box) 80 GBHD

Why wont I get an XBOX? I just bought a 19in Viewsonic Monitor...black

Why wont I get an XBOX? Coz I can't play FPS (i.e GR ) with their gamepad

Why wont I get GR2? I dont have an XBOX

HELLO UBISOFT MARKETING TEAM!

Get the message.

Don't ruin a good thing.

we know you research here at GR.NET :nono:

Well said.

Why won't I buy an XBox? Cuz I don't want one....

:rofl:

Guest SI-Prozac

why wont i buy an xbox.... because my computer only runs 4x faster then it.

home entertainment center in my room... in less space then a theater

no matter how hard they try to push PC meant games into Xbox and PS2.... they just wouldn't be as popular as they are in PC. Some games a meant to be played in PC not consoles.... whereas other console games that never cross into the PC arena are meant for them to stay put in their console world.... one simple reason why so many gamers from PC dun really given a damn about console games... "Original" console games are never appealing to them....

Whatever was at that link for GR2, is now gone. And there isnt one thing on Ubi's site, not even there current financial report, that suggests it is even in the works.

If it was going to come out next month, they would be advertising, and they arent.

I believe someone at that site screwed up.

Is this the Real Deal Boss ? ? ?

The 3rd of December...

Sincerely,

Nope, they most probably guessed the date quite a while ago. What with the time the publicity wagon needs to get up to speed, if and when GR2 finally appears, it won't be for many (many) months yet IMHO.

This just bugs the hell out of me. Chips and bits via http://www.chipsbits.com/cgi-bin/order.cbi...3&add=GHOSR2.IR my wife stumbled across this. I did a "search" of just thier website and it queried a release date of 12/03. but if you all notice the thread., i gave a link to theplatoon forums where I posted this topic. I said I'm skeptical...but wanted to give you all a heads up. Don't be so hard on me... My wife is better at web searches than I am... :wall: go figure.

Well, for my part, I will N-E-V-E-R buy or support X-Box. The only thing, and I mean the ONLY thing good about them is that the :stupid: guys from Bungie Software (as in the Marathon Trilogy and Oni!) now run the software development. And I consider THEM to be traitors to the Mac world. :nono:

Now, I don't have anything against PCs, per se - but I LOATHE Microsoft...Bill Gates...and all of his buddies. :devil: HE is worse than Al Gore for taking credit where it is NOT due. :pirate:

But I suppose (and I AM a software developer), I can understand the eceonomic side of things. From that point of view it makes sense to release for Consoles first. And there IS an upside, most of the debugging will have been done by the time we PC and Mac users get the game. :thumbsup: So don't be so down on the idea, it will probably be worth the wait...

Best regards,

Martin (gadgetcoder)

This work we do...

It's not "rocket science"...

It's much, MUCH harder!

Regarding the "Official" Game Cube site I refered to in the news at http://www.cube-europe.com/game.php?gid=ghostrec2 I just rec'd this from Digger69.

Hi Rocky... I thought I would send this to you just to clear a few things up regarding your " More on GR2" article on the front page, and your response to a post I made a few weeks ago...

With all due respect Rocky, www.cube-europe.com , is not an "official" site, it's a fan site just like GR.net.

The article was posted in April 2003 and is just speculation, just the same as we are all doing....

Looks like I got it wrong - although that GC site looks like the Official European arm, it's really just a 3rd party GC news site, which does cast some doubt on the value of their GR2 information.

Thanks to Digger for clearing that up.

talking to some clanmates of mine, one of em said that it was announced for development to begin early next year, this was announced in a european magazine he called "Futuristic Gamer", sounded pretty corny, but this could be the feed we need..........

A quote from the new 'community manager' at the GR forums on GR.com. This is in response to the thread that goes a lot like this thread (people freaking out because there was a rumor that it was coming and in consoles first):

-----------------------

"As much as I love a good rumor, especially if its true, I can be the first to tell you all that there is no such thing as Ghost Recon 2 and if there was, it would be out on the PC first ;) There is however the new Jungle Storm version of the game coming out for PS2 in January that supports Playstation Online, so you console gamers that are sick of the other online multiplay shooters for PS2, be ready for GR to come to the PS2 in Jan."

BulletTooth

Casey 'BulletTooth' Keefe

Community Manager - Tom Clancy

-----------------

When he said there is no GR2 I think he meant at this point in time.

Edited by Makk

Interesting find Makk.

I also saw a post by this guys saying:

At this point the community knows about as much as I do about Ghost Recon 2, which is nothing. As soon as I have any announcements or information for you I will be sure to pass it along. This is probably not what the community wants to hear, but I do want to let you all know that I am working on it.

BulletTooth

So maybe he is just guessing that he hasn't a clue about GR2.

Also the appointment of a Tom Clancy community manager would suggest something quite important coming? Or then again maybe not. R3 has just been realised on XBox, new expansion for the pc, future development of the Clancy series. Oh well.

He said he got appointed because there was literally no one paying attention to the community (GR and RvS) on the UBI forums, and they identified the need and they appointed him. I also think he mentioned someone else had the job before but did nothing with it.. so he sort of replaced him.