Ghost Recon.net Forums

NEW GHOST RECON!!! NEW!!!

hate to break it to you guys but.............

Their is a new PLAYSTATION coming i got confimination its codenamed PSX and creaters of GR will want to go there and its also a PC enchanced graphic card and can save stuff right to it has a 120 GB memory

We will be forgotten soon........

* Packs food PC and other good stuff :ph34r: *

Don't worry. The PSX is just a PS2 with some extra features. It can record TV and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Recon,Nov 15 2003, 16:29 ]
hate to break it to you guys but.............

Their is a new PLAYSTATION coming i got confimination its codenamed PSX and creaters of GR will want to go there and its also a PC enchanced graphic card and can save stuff right to it has a 120 GB memory

We will be forgotten soon........

* Packs food PC and  other good stuff :ph34r: *

Don't worry. The PSX is just a PS2 with some extra features. It can record TV and stuff.

Hat to break it to you to dude, but that thing isn't expected to release untill 2006...........

If Ghost Recon does really well on PS2 we better start getting worried cause RSE will go where the money is and unfortunately PC games are too easy to Pirate and RSE looses a lot of cash. I know you can pirate PS2 games also but it is not as popular / easy as PC.

Thank your local pirate if GR2 moves to PS2.

Please GR do crappy on PS2 please!!!!

Not trying to be argumentative here, imagine that me :blink: , but it has been my experience when it comes to piracy and the methods meant to stop it, it's a never ending circle.

Making illegal copies of PS2 games is not difficult. In fact if you look over the history of the "anti piracy" efforts of game manufacturer's, whether PC or Console, the minute the "companies" put out something as "Pirate Proof" someone releases a "crack" or "rip" of the said software, game or what have you.

Touting something as "pirate proof" is like holding a bullseye on your face daring a terrorist to hit it. So if companies like RSE, EA or even UBI think that they are going to beat the "pirates" at their own game they are in for a rude awakening.

Besides, RSE and UBI would be doing themselves, I hope you guys are lurking on this one, a big disservice by only releasing GR2 for consoles. That may be where the money is in the short term but how many "console players" have you seen at Alpha Squad's Stealth Recon Competition? Here is a competition that has gained the attention of Hypernia to the extent that this company is donating it's service for a year for the first place team. If RSE and UBI needs any indication also at the community base for GR they have to look no farther than this site. What is it now? Over 4000 members and growing?

I mean sure if they want another flop like RsV then go ahead people make GR2 only available for console. I know I won't buy it. Which means, UBI will lose at least three sales out of this household alone. Granted that by itself is a small number but do the math.

Stout Hearts

=UE=Warhawk

Edited by warhawk
If RSE and UBI needs any indication also at the community base for GR they have to look no farther than this site.  What is it now?  Over 4000 members and growing?

and thats only since Jan, who knows how many members were lost in the hack and never returned...

i'm totally with you in the WH, i'll buy GR2 when it comes out on the PC what ever but if it suckes i't going back to the store faster than censored.gif of a shovel :-"

• 3 weeks later...

@Sharpshooter

what do u guys have against consoles???

My biggest complaint with consoles. Inability to add mods to Ghost Recon. Speaking in this context of course. Consider this. My stepson started playing GR on the console. Like you he thought the world of it. Now that he has seen just what mods do for this already cool game he hasn't touched his copy of GR. Now he only plays GR on his PC. Consider this also. You, playing GR on your console for example, will not have access to the UE Mod which will feature some new weapons. Weapons, to the best of my knowledge, that have so far not been modded for Ghost Recon. These include new sniper rifles and support weapons. Not to mention silenced weapons in the Demo class. Also included in this new mod will be new character skins which the Team vs. Team group will absolutely love.

As far as what is wrong with me......Well lets just say that opinions vary.

Stout Hearts

=UE=Warhawk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest SI-Prozac

looked at some screen shots of Jungle Storm ...

i swear i seen the moutain map (pipeline) with rain and palm trees and a crashed helicopter....

ubi is at least trying to please the ps2 gamers ...

but once again it reminds me why i have a pc ... graphics r just way better.

• 2 months later...

*bump*

Had to bump the thread since it's the only place I can put the new video released. :P

The following video can be found over at gametrailers.com. The video shows off the online multiplayer features.

click here the video is 13.3mb