HX5 : Red Sun Download URL

Ravenmouth

Great job!

If this mod means anything for GR, I hope it is a huge increase of co-op missions being hosted online. DM, seige and other games are fun, but it gets real tired playing them on UBI... especially when most run *shudder* GRM 4.8 or other such nonesense.

My favourite part so far is the "super castle" map. The insertion on the first campaign mission is great too.

I imagine 9 ppl online playing a HX mission on elite, no respawn and using coms properly would kick so much ######! Super intense and no room for error... and a hell of alot of fun!

Visit the good people at Tacticalgamer.com to see what mp co-op missions can be at their best.

TY drag for making HX5!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:sheep: What are you trying to do to me ? I already have 4 Gigs worth of mods & now I've got to download this one :blink:

Good job guys my wife's gonna hate you. Who needs a GR2 when You talented modders are churning out quality stuff like this.

Keep it up & I look forward to giving it a thrashing.

Cheers from a very happy GR Junky. :yes:

No one has commented on the river boat mission yet. This was excellent. I took only two men and used the guy at the rear. The controls worked great. Very tense watching the banks of the river and cliff and bridge, shooting left and right. Great stuff. I would love to try this online with a boatload of men, guns blazing. Reminds you of riverine combat in Vietnam. Kudos, Harn.

fantastic mod!!!! :thumbsup::o= ....I have only played and completed the first mission, but wow....insertion was really cool!!! :-" ....but on my first attempt, my team made land and was working on going around the hill to the right...we had taken out 2 enemies and were aiming at a third when it CTD.....I played it again from the start, praying to the gods of computers and games, and I finished it with no further issues...oh by the way, the guy at the end on the dirt bike near the extraction was cool!!!... especially when I shot him and his bike blew up!!! :o=

dont use quicksave/load on the helo insertions. you do not need it anyways. that is a very simple mission and takes 5-6 minutes to complete.

it cannot be fixed in the script -- there is no option to disable quicksave.

this mod is taking the entire cinematic/helicopter portion of GR and making it live -- and it works rather well until you hit quicksave. so dont.

-- h

Thanks for the reply Harntrox, but just to be clear, are you saying that the quick save/load function cannot be used AT ANY POINT during the first mission? (BTW, can't access your support forum).

Thanks

I imagine 9 ppl online playing a HX mission on elite, no respawn and using coms properly would kick so much ######!

Try alphasquad servers, it's just like that.

BTW where's 'our' GR.net server, haven't seen it active in a month or so.

Is the IP changed ?

BTW where's 'our' GR.net server, haven't seen it active in a month or so.

Is the IP changed ?

Quoting Pave Low in his post in the Games Room Forum

Due to the unexpected stability and reliability of the dedi server when running Raven Shield and the failure of the dedi to successfully cope with GR for more than a few hours at a time without crashing, it has been decided to continue with the current server use at least for the time being.

It had been expected that we would have the new dedi server on-line well before now, but the lack of any substantial interest in this project has meant that it has had to be delayed whilst we review our options.

[*]The change of server use is no longer just as a test and may continue for a while.

[*]We are still reviewing all available options.

[*]It is our stated goal to have a stable server running GR at the earliest opportunity.

[*]We will aim to keep you as informed on developments as is possible.

my pc crashed a couple months ago and I haven't loaded GR.

But I see that HX5 is out, I'm going thru the process of reinstalling again.

Anything I should know b4 installing HX5?

I got GR,DS,IT and 1.4 patch, anything else I'm missing?

still d/l HX5 from work, hopefully I dont get busted. :ph34r:

Might not burn it by Sun when all the technerds are enforcing

"policies and procedures of proper use of work computers"

(insert nerd giggle) :blink:

2 hours of downloading :o U must have not download it from me :-" BTW guys. GREAT job, this mod is off the hook and my download numbers show it. Over 10.000 in 48 hours and still going up. :thumbsup:

Loco

www.locogamer.com

Edited by Loco

Hi,

I already sent a mail to Harntrox but maybe someone of the HX5 DEv team can help me as well. I'm just trying to convert the HX5 mod for the Mac but few missions crash constantly because the game searches the "drag_v_cratepackd0.anm" file which wasn't included in the HX5 installer. So maybe you can send me this file or give me a link where I can download this file.

Further I would like to know if the DAta/Motion folder can stay inside the HX5 folder or do I have to move the files into the Ghost REcon Data/Data folder!?

Bye,

Mauti

re: mac conversion

hx5 mod has not been tested on mac

and the crash on that file ...d0.anm missing --

its prolly something else as reporting a missing ...d0.anm is normal stuff & doesnt crash the game

and the deal with the data/motion folder is: it is case sensitive so keep the names verbatim and it *should* work

-- h

Hi Harntrox,

I know it has not been tested on the Mac - I'm one of the major mod converters for the Mac(click on my website link at the bottom) so I'm trying to bring your great mod to the mac.

I think you misunderstood me - the problem is that your missions ask for the drag_v_cratepackd0.anm and ridingshotgundeath1.bmf file but when I ran your installer it didn't install these files. They aren't on my computer but they should be because some of your missions/models use them. So it would be great if you could send me these 2 files(I'm sure you have those ones because your files use them but they don't come with the [Ghost Recon] files) or provide me a link where I can get them to make the Mac mod a 1:1 conversion.

Thank you very much,

Mauti

OMG I really love this mod. And the implication with the modding tools......I wonder what we can do with them....hmmmmmm <_<

If it wasn't for this dang insurance test I studying for I would be busy modding!! :'(

Oh well.

So to clarify harntrox...you exported the chinook as a tracked vehicle? Thats how you was able to get online players to use it? Show me how? :(

p.s. Hey stig! You got 4 gigs of GR mods? So what! I got 7 gigs of GR mods :yes:

GR foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *till GR2 that is* ;)

like i said,

the missing .anm file is not a problem. that is normal. most .anm's are missing by default and never cause crash.

additionally,

Ghost Recon\Data\Motion contains all .bmf files incl. RidingShotgunDeath1.bmf. if you are missing RidingShotgunDeath1.bmf, something is wrong with your GR installation, as this comes with the original game.

hope this helps

-- h

Ok thanks Harntrox. Well may it came with Island Thunder which was also converted by few guys and me and may we have overseen to add the motion files as well. May this is the main reason why the chopper missions crash constantly. Nevertheless it would be great if you, Rocky or someone else could send me the RidingShotgunDeath1.bmf file to damnr6@planetrainbowsix.com so I can continue to work on the HX5 Mac conversion.

thanks,

Mauti