Server Side Missions

cathurga

Hi folk,

I was playing MP recently and there were some cool server side missions and although it is obvious no special mods are needed to play these games as I only have DS & IT and could log on, are these special packs? Where can I get some..??

Dunno if this is in the right topic, please move if required..

Thanks

Try looking in the downloads section for some.... "12 weeks" are good missions.... "8 Days" are really tough missions.... also some very good missions are the Alpha Squad missions..... there should be a link to them on the news page. ;)

Edited by NYR_32

Ok here is what happens.

When you connect to a sever it says downloading files. What it is downloading is all that persons missions files, gun files, env files. I think that is all but not sure. These are sever side mods. You dont need to have a mod to run this stuff.

Custom maps, custom skins, custom weapons are stuff that isnt downloaded when joining. These are the things that are mods.

Soup, does it say D/L though? I've used visited a few servers with server sided mods on before and no message has come up like that for me.

But getting back to the subject, server sided mods are the best!! Is there a server sided mod section? Would be useful as I'm not sure if the current mods in the gr.net D/L area are sectioned off like that? :unsure: