British Infantry Mod

Chems

ty stewy. Ya know, I am a bad boy cause I had a vcl in production for Op stab too. If they ever do a add on I will make sure they get it. Just needed some aus cam but it slipped my mind I had it.

WILL NOT BE IN THIS MOD!!!!

I think I've run out out of tissues! :wacko:

THAT IS BY FAR AND AWAY THE BEST Non armoured vehicle I've ever seen!

Please don't drop the 6x6 project - I know you're busy with the Pommy Mod, but please don't forget the Aussie six-be ! :D

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes it all worth while with comments like that, *blushed so very much appreciate. Yes Ive upgraded its speed. Got it tagged and in game, but as usual, perfect tagging, but the size settings are all messed up. So I will go through my process of madly scaling and trying diffrent export settings till I get it right, tommorow. Im off to sleep now. Thanks :D

I love you guys

ManuNice,Mar 9 2004, 00:06 ] Well sleep well Chem, after that u diserve it 100 times :thumbsup: !!! And don't forget to come and play, u need some action too :o= !!!!

oh sounds like a good idea, been a while since I dropped into the server. Feels quiet homly there these days. Just been so busy when I get back home in the evenings with real work and then my online time is only real on friday night on the RSi server. But if I wasnt tied to doing this export now Id come right on.

Thanks all much appreciated.

@D, I dont use any plugins just have one awesome gcard, (g4 4800 8x AGP) higly recommended.

Chems,

That is THE most outstanding rendering I've ever seen!!

At first glance it looked like a picture of a model kit and not a graphic image.

You should not only be ''kinda proud of it", you should be damn PROUD of it.

Edited by Glaeken

OK the ridge raider is done, just gotta tag it and put it in game so erm watch this space?? What ya think?

It seems churlish to criticise, but that should be _rigid_ raider, and the keel looks to be much deeper than it should be, the USMC site referenced below suggests a draft of only 10 inches for a slightly smaller version. It's difficult to find a good picture of them out of the water, but these things have to have a shallow draft and a largely flat bottom to allow them to run up onto the beach.

See http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/ab/ab_rigid.htm

and http://usmc.boats.dt.navy.mil/rrc/craftData.asp

Edited by DWG

Well I gotta say, looks an absolutley awsome mod chems.

Got a couple of questions ,

1) how did ya retexture the stronghold map with snow? is there a way of importing the GR maps into 3dsm? or did you create new textures and lable them the same as the originals?

2) how dya create/ edit .vcl files? i want to create a chopper carrying a jeep that i can use in a cut scene cinematic?

Cheers buddy

BornToKill_TAW

www.theartofwarfare.net

This is becoming a new habbit of mine, every time I log onto GR.net I stranglely find myself here, looking at the cool new stuff you keep coming up with for the mod(then I cant remember what I was originally gonna do :P )

Very nice work man :thumbsup: ,- question- will we be able sink them? :rofl: Just kidding.

Edited by mr.pibb

This is becoming a new habbit of mine, every time I log onto GR.net I stranglely find myself here, looking at the cool new stuff you keep coming up with for the mod(then I cant remember what I was originally gonna do :P )

very well put. i find it happening to myself quite often too. what shall we call it since it seems to be some kind of a syndrome. shall we call it a "chems"ical brain fart? :lol:

Glaeken @ Mar 9 2004, 20:30

Chems,

That is THE most outstanding rendering I've ever seen!!

At first glance it looked like a picture of a model kit and not a graphic image.

You should not only be ''kinda proud of it", you should be damn PROUD of it.

Geeze thanks :wub: I think I cracked PS then.

Peanut_Budder @ Mar 9 2004, 22:29

So the landrover WONT be in the mod? (sorry, i skipped a few posts if i missed anything)

Sure it will, just not the 6 wheeled version. Thats saved for the Op Stab guys.

DWG @ Mar 9 2004, 23:42

It seems churlish to criticise, but that should be _rigid_ raider, and the keel looks to be much deeper than it should be, the USMC site referenced below suggests a draft of only 10 inches for a slightly smaller version. It's difficult to find a good picture of them out of the water, but these things have to have a shallow draft and a largely flat bottom to allow them to run up onto the beach.

Sheesh, ya gonna tell me how I can type now? Why should I have _ before it? Strange child. And as you pointed out yourself you wont see it out of the water so theres no problem with it. And mine is the UK ridge raider that link you posted doesnt seem to be one. And Argyll refered me to the manufactures site and I think I checked it to some pics off there and it looked ok, everyone else is happy. Allways one. Thanks anyways for your critque.

BornToKill_TAW @ Mar 10 2004, 01:23

Well I gotta say, looks an absolutley awsome mod chems.

Got a couple of questions ,

1) how did ya retexture the stronghold map with snow? is there a way of importing the GR maps into 3dsm? or did you create new textures and lable them the same as the originals?

2) how dya create/ edit .vcl files? i want to create a chopper carrying a jeep that i can use in a cut scene cinematic?

Yep, you open up the map file find the textures for the ground and stuff and re paint them white basically. But its all down to PS skill, to be able to make it look good you want to retain RSEs detail but have your own colour.

You cant edit vehicle models that are currently in GR, but you can use 3dsm to create whole new ones thou. But its not for the faint hearted, creating a fully 3d model such as boat or helicopter isnt the same as gun modeling. And texturing and tagging isnt as straight foward either. But have a crack it when you feel ready and ill be here to help :thumbsup:

@mr pibb and ETMC_PRODIGY

lol thats great to hear, I have to confess I sometimes stare at the model in 3dsm for long periods of time whilst working on it.

Razor87 @ Mar 10 2004, 05:13

WOW the detal looks great how come it dosent look like that in game? (new to modeling) IF thats the game with full fetal haha redstorm dosent need to make a new engin for GR2 they just need to update igor a bit.

Anywho Chems nice work and keep it up

yeah sometimes can be disappointing when your model doesnt look as good in game as it did in max or out of place. But I find that if you create the textures from scracth and there not to photo like, and show up good in 3dsm then they come out really good in game. I somtimes find that, the worse the textures look in an un lit render in 3dsm the better they look in game.

San @ Mar 10 2004, 14:18

Now a map with lots of water 

nahh I got a map idea but will save it for the SF expansion which will be my mod after this and SST.

Update: I got it all tagged and in game, but I was using the shotgun helper points, and for some reason the guys all faced out the left side of the boat for no reason at all even if I rotated the helpers. I talked to Don Miguel and he said he thought RSE rushed the boat engine scripting. So im still working on that. Also the other 2 missions are in production so Ive just got to get this finished now.

Id just like to say, the idea of this mod, is not only to provide a new mini campaign but is also so that you can play normal GR again and it will be british instead of the ghosts. So the new boat will only be seen in the IT campaign were the boat is used. The lynx will be seen instead of the blackhawk and so on. I will be using the boat much more in the SF add on cause I will be featuring the SBS who like boats im told.

Thanks to all for your postive comments. Makes it worth my while. :thumbsup: