Ghost Recon.net Forums

Hey AV_Apollo,

the community is waiting for the upgrade for Free Libya, surely one of the best mods ever made. Can you give has an updated target date for the patch otherways we can't enjoy it having GR patched to 1.3 or 1.4?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Wade has promised an update long since that nasty episode - there are still plenty of people who want to play his great mods, including me :blink:

Jack :)

Edited by Jack57

Long ago Apollo, in his homepage promised an update for 30th of november corrected later on with 31st December.

I think that the greatest parts of us acknowledge the huge work made by Apollo and strongly condemn the action of Dark Angel. Anyway I don't want to start again the polemic but only to make Apollo to understand we are waiting for his announced upgrade.

Ciao

Originally, I planned to work on an update for FL-AVA over the Christmas holidays. That didn't happen due to work and family considerations. Sorry about that. I'll get crackin' this weekend and have it ready ASAP.

Thanks for everyone's interest and support for the mod. As always, players with integrity make modding worthwhile.

Just so you don't think I'm still slacking....

I've been working on the missions and fixed a few bugs (thanks for the bogus scripting changes, Red Storm :wall: ). I'm gonna try to give the mod even more replay value by changing the locations of enemy units.

I was just playing the mission "welded alliances" on the Free Libya campaign. It loads up fine but right when I am about to move it crashes to desktop. Has anyone else had this problem or is it specifically related to my computer's current state? Thanks

Edited by hippeis

The crash in mission 5 wasn't there before RSE patched Ghost Recon to 1.3 ( and then again to 1.4 ). I've fixed it and it will be in the patch. I've also fixed mission 7 to not fail when you kill too many prisoners.

Additionally, I've included a BONUS single player/coop mission. I made it for a DRAG mod that was never released. I can't stand for no one to see it, since it puts your demo Ghosts in the role of a bomb disposal unit. I had fun putting this one together. Thanks to el oso for letting me use his bomb crate model.

Edited by Apollo

Work on the last patch for FL-AVA is almost done. Here's what it will change/add:

• Adjusted combat model making it 100% less likely to kill with a shot to the lower arm or lower leg. DONE
  • Added one complete never released BONUS mission. You are the bomb disposal unit on the Docks at night. DONE
  • SuperGrid command map overlays DONE
  • Moved enemy spawn positions to reduce chance of spontaneous generation in view of the player. DONE
  • Changed objective in mission 7 so that killing prisoners doesn't cause mission failure. DONE
  • Reset default uniform for woodland maps back to originals. DONE
  • Changed default uniforms for jungle maps to the AV Tigerstripe. DONE
  • Removed binoc kits that showed in single player. DONE
  • Scripting bugs from the Ghost Recon patch. DONE
  • Kit restriction added to allow equiping any primary with any secondary. This will become the "no restrictions" setting. The old "no restrictions" setting is renamed "balanced kits". MIGHT NOT GET DONE :(
  • Kit restriction added to allow only hand thrown grenades. This will be named "No Projectile Explosives". DONE
  • NEW multiplayer gametype loosely based on Behemoth solo gametype. WORKING ON IT :)

Edited by Apollo

It seems the multiplayer testing wasn't so successful. I spent all day reworking the scripts. I really despise RSE now. Had I not been out of the modding loop, I might have known how difficult the task would be. But I'm almost done with the rework. More testing....

@Tater

It's almost like they (RSE) did this because the modders were getting so good and extending the life of GR1 that they didn't want that to interfere with future releases

Yes, they're afraid we take them over ?

Like GR2 is in artic, we already have artic camo and retextured snow maps haha.

Let them work on the engine and stuff, 'we'll' do the rest :D

Ok....here's the deal. I can get this thing released in a day ... but it won't have everything I want to put in it. It's gonna take more time to do the new "unlimited" kit restriction since there are kit icons and .kit files that need to be created and associated. I also have started on a new multiplayer game type to follow up on the popularity of Command & Conquer. It's loosely based on the Behemoth single player gametype. ( I have a sweet name for it too)

So tell me which direction I should go. I'm leaning toward delaying for a Friday night release, January 31.

Edited by Apollo

Gametype preparations A through G were dismal failures. The latest may prove to be successful. I call it "Preparation H". :huh:

Seriously, I'm really putting in the hours on this new gametype. So you guys better play the thing! :blink:

Edited by Apollo

My original attempt wasn't wasted and was on the right track from the start. Found some easily overlooked errors that made huge differences in the way the script behaved. I can't wait to get home from work to finish up and test it again.