Stationary Weapon

Mamon

cannon_placement.JPG

That's what my screen looks like. Now, I've read over piggyson's 50cal tutorial on helper placements and such, but I don't really understand it. Can anyone tell me from this screen, what exactly I should do to export this model as a stationary gun for GR(i have the .gun and .prj files already complete)?

Hey thanks for the reply, just exported a second ago and it said both of the groups (<n><gun> and <n><stand> had no origin helper points :huh: Loading up GR now...see if it works..

edit: Hmm...well it entered in game(AND FIRES TOO :D ) ...except the whole model is half sunk beneath the ground and the cannon barrel is not even attached to the right part...any suggestions there? :huh:

Edited by Mamon

just exported a second ago and it said both of the groups (<n><gun> and <n><stand> had no origin helper points 

These are the O and O01 tags - Place in centre of pivot and centre of wheels floor level.

Make sure you First group is <n><gun> and contains all the gun tags and the main cannon also O tag.

Then group this and all other meshes including O01 tag into <n><stand>

This will put the cannon at floor level.

cannon_placement2.JPG

Ok here is what my weapon looks like now. The left half is sunk in the ground while the right wheel/side is sticking up in the air. It looks like it's simply rotated incorrectly -45 degrees, and I tried rotating the whole thing 45 degrees to the right but it didn't change anything. Maybe I have to rearrange the helper points a certain way? I don't know here :huh: