Airsoft

phantoms_shadow

What do you the people think of Air Soft. I just recenlty discovered it and have become obbsessed. It is awesome. It basically is paintball with bb guns. My avatar is my airsoft gun. Go to: The "Q" Project to see all these great guns and you can read up on this new sport (from Japan).

Edit: the gun in the right of my sig is a AirSoft sniper rifle, you can find it on the site as well. Beware: not the cheapest thing in the world. You can almost find any actual gun made into AirSoft. From a WWII Thompson to an M249 to an SG-1. Enjoy...

Edited by phantoms_shadow

It is just like paintball. It hurts a bit more but what is armour for? You basically have skirmishes. You can figure out who's been hit by... well I'll let people who knwo what they are talkin about talk go to: AirSoft Players and use the drop bars at the top to look around. Right now the creator s doing some contruction some parts are down. Enjoy...

A very basic history: Paintball in its pre-dawn era brought about the added component of organized military simulations. The Sheridan and its single-pump, now archaic design, was the standard in outdoor skirmishing.

A long time passion in Japan, softair or airsoft (as we know today) was being designed for collectors of realistic firearms in places where the 2nd Amendment right was about as foreign as a good East Los chimichanga would be in the heart of China! After much evolution in the outdoor gaming (Survival Games), and the dawn of airsoft has made its way onto the Western front.

Recon,Oct 12 2003, 14:56 ]
You must use eye protection when playing any of these type of games!

It's a no brainer, eyes are too important to loose.

I thought so. :o=

You wear armor? What fires the BBs? It's compressed air isn't it?

Either CO2, a Spring or Electricity :rocky:

Take it from me, you can stand the pain of the BBs, but no eye-protection is just dumb. Almost lost my right eye because of it. Depending on what you're willing to pay depends on the rate of fire and the typ of power behind it. Spring being the cheapest and elctric power the most expensive.

My mates and I play.. He has a spring powered sniper rifle (about 400 fps) and Ive got an M9 spring (Not bad for $20 though).. Some of the games are pretty fun, banzai charging at him is the best. :ph34r:

My Airsoft SA80 is coming Monday (Pyro's coming Monday too) so look for some pictures taken by a 'combat correspondant' :thumbsup:

What an awesome movie... Poor kid broke his glasses....

I'm glad you guys took this thread into your own hands. The answer to eye protection is an obvious yes. Armour is very similiar to that used in paintball. The main difference is you have armour on your forearms, neck, legs, etc. to prevent piercing. For my arms and legs I wear leather (pretty thin) to prevent peircing. However, you get guys that come in Kevlar :blink: .... Money is something I have not much of though.... I seriously recommend you give a look over at this sport (check out earlier links). My good friend and I are gonna duel it out with my sniper rifle (in my sig) and his AirSoft M82 in the Colorado mountains Wednesday...

Recon,Oct 12 2003, 14:56 ]
You must use eye protection when playing any of these type of games!

It's a no brainer, eyes are too important to loose.

I thought so. :o=

You wear armor? What fires the BBs? It's compressed air isn't it?

Either CO2, a Spring or Electricity :rocky:

Ooo... Electricity... :))

Are the electric ones the best? How much are they?

How much does it cost to go 'airsofting'? Do you need your own gun?

EDIT: After looking at a site (here) I found out that you can get airsoft grenade launchers. How do these work? What do they fire?

Edited by [TCS]Recon

Go to The "Q" Project to find out prices. I have never heard of electricity except for when giving power to your magazine (to feed bullets). CO2 gins are the best. Spring are pretty generic and dont have as high FPS as CO2, and some skirmishes dont allow spring loaded guns. AiSoft is pricy.... Airsoft grenade launchers would be like those on an M4, you do the same with your M4 by adding an M203, I've never useed one or come in contact ith one but I think they shoot bb's everywhere.

I've been into airsoft for awhile now. My first gun was a TM FN P90, which I traded awhile back for a mp5. Now I have a upgraded TM M4A1 RIS, as well. My first official game is coming up, and it should be a great one. It's a charity event for the familys of fallen soldiers, and in honor of those who didn't make it back from Somalia. Col. Daniel McKnight, and MSG. Howard Mullen will be participating as company commanders. McKnight and another BTDT (Sgt. Kenn Miller) have participated in Operation Lion Claw, and MSG Mullen joined them both for Lion Claw II, last year, IIRC.

For anyone interested - http://www.bestofusamkt.com/events/OPI.html

The game will be in Dalton, GA. If you contact John Lu directly (The project organizer) - bestofusamkt@aol.com - he may be able to get you a slot. I believe we are a few short on team Delta. Or, if you are just in the area, you can drop by to watch. It's not everyday you get a chance to watch, or meet such great men (McKight, and Mullen; of course).