Ghost Recon.net Forums

Invision Power Board is the BEST!

In less than 4 hours of work I set up new forums (saving all our old posts) and set up a Portal on my home page, powered by IP Dynamic Lite which is the Invision web portal functionality

I took the idea from Ruin's and Super Bob's site theaggressors.com

And applied it to mine at tranceweb.net

I can't believe how powerful this Invision board is. I love it. Beats the hell of any other version I have seen so far!

:sheep: to you Yoda, I went to have a look at your tranceweb site and spent 45 minutes reading you and your colleagues flying experiences and I've just been doing a search to find out the costs of helicopter flying in my area. Maybe :santa: is my hope. There goes my lunchtime....
:sheep:  to you Yoda, I went to have a look at your tranceweb site and spent 45 minutes reading you and your colleagues flying experiences

LOL sorry ... :devil:

Choppers huh? :blink:

1 - they are expensive (and training is expensive here in the states) a 2 hours block (briefing, flight, debriefing) here in the states can go anywhere between 200 and 400 bux depending on lenght of flight and chopper model. A plane by comparison is half the price.

2 - if a plane's engine quits ... you glide to the ground. If a chopper's engine quits ... you autorotate to the ground. For some reason I feel less pucker factor in the "gliding" concept than in the "autorotate" concept. There's just something wrong in relying in the momentum of your props to keep you from falling like a stone. Choppers have NO WINGS ... they are NOT SUPPOSED TO FLY!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

I am going to try and set up a IPB Forum tonight for our team on our (server) computer. I hope I can get the forum to look half as good as all of yours.....they look great nice work. :thumbsup:

I just got the Webserver set up on the "server" computer and so far so good.

Forum Next, then FTP, then Mail Server......yeah I know it sounds like fun right? :wacko: Well maybe if I knew what I was doing. :wacko:

:sheep:  to you Yoda, I went to have a look at your tranceweb site and spent 45 minutes reading you and your colleagues flying experiences

1 - they are expensive (and training is expensive here in the states) a 2 hours block (briefing, flight, debriefing) here in the states can go anywhere between 200 and 400 bux depending on lenght of flight and chopper model. A plane by comparison is half the price.

2 - if a plane's engine quits ... you glide to the ground. If a chopper's engine quits ... you autorotate to the ground. For some reason I feel less pucker factor in the "gliding" concept than in the "autorotate" concept. There's just something wrong in relying in the momentum of your props to keep you from falling like a stone. Choppers have NO WINGS ... they are NOT SUPPOSED TO FLY!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

I have always loved the fact that you could auto-rotate. Fixed wing aircraft have glideslopes of a rock. ;)

Yeah, Invision definately is amazing in features and function. I have my website using it, along with moving it from a cheap lycos host to a domain and my own server. Talk about user friendly. :D

I've tried phpbb on my system, and while I haven't given it a complete and thorough try out, it just doesn't seem up to par with Invision.

I have always loved the fact that you could auto-rotate. Fixed wing aircraft have glideslopes of a rock. ;)

Well, I'm just researching at the moment, I just want to do something a little different.

On the plus side, helicopters can land pretty much anywhere, and I've got numerous large fields near my work. No traffic jams for me!

Well, I'm just researching at the moment, I just want to do something a little different.

On the plus side, helicopters can land pretty much anywhere, and I've got numerous large fields near my work. No traffic jams for me!

I was just busting you...

As an airplane pilot I feel it is my duty to give helo pilots a hard time ... :D

Did you know why helicopters fly? They are so ugly the earth repels them :blink::sheep:

Did you know why helicopters fly? They are so ugly the earth repels them :blink::sheep:

Maybe I'll get a motorbike license then....

:lol:

I'll start a new thread soon : "What Cool/Fun Things Can Magnum Do Before He Dies a Wasted Stupid Old Man?"

The prices for heli vs plane is pretty similar over here in the UK as well (from the two websites I've visited thus far), maybe's I'll just do a 1 hour session in each and see what happens. But, me thinks I'll have to wait until after Christmas, plus the airport is 30-40 miles away, so it would only be once a week if I did go for it.

I just managed a half arsed IFR landing in cessna on fs2002, shame I still can't get to grips with VOR. (or even pass my private pilot checkride, damn steep turns :angry: )

I'll start a new thread soon : "What Cool/Fun Things Can Magnum Do Before He Dies a Wasted Stupid Old Man?"

Well... flying is a great thing to do if you are in THAT mood. That's the mood that prompted me to get into flying to beging with.

Also: flying flight simulator is NOT the same thing that flying for real.

Wanna know why? Graphics and physics have nothing to do with it. Some planes handle even funkier than the planes in FS 2004. Weather makes visibility a lot worse than what you can see in FS 2004. So it's not the limitations that "ruin" the experience.

It's the fact that your life is on the line. Flying is fun and safer than driving, but unlike driving ... it's unforgiving. You make a mistake in the car you get a bumper dent. You make a mistake in a plane ... you die. Simple as that. This particular aspect of flying gives you a completely different perspective to everything you do out there... it makes you feel "privileged" so to speak. Even if you are just a student pilot.

And don't let me turn you off from flying choppers by the way. They are great aircrafts and there's plenty of job opportunities out there that require chopper skills (which by the way are a lot harder to come by than airplane skills). Choppers are one heck of a lot harder to fly than planes, that's a no brainer. If you can manage that, it will give you the satisfaction of being part of an "elite" of very few people that can handle flying ... especially something as ugly as a chopper :devil: