Azz Cup 2003

Snedker[BAD]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That was one fun mission... Props to all the 100 point squads... well played...

Still have some serious catchin up to do. Just have to hope that Chavez's mine-karma catches up to him soon  :P

Congrats TG on the 100 points.

From reading mission 3 briefing my self esteem on avoiding all mines at all times has been lowered a tad. :blink:

It's soo great to be able to compete again in a tourney mission.

Who could ever believe a computer game could make grown up men shake like we all did on insertion?

It's a jungle out there - stay on focus and good luck guys :o=

• 1 month later...

So all the teams have played mission 3 in AzzCup.

At this mission 5 teams joined the 100 points club, and a few were very unlucky not to join it. Again it has been a pleasure to grade the teams. I must say that I’m impressed by the spirit the teams put into playing these missions, good job all of you. One team even played some music for us... Wonder who that might be... :thumbsup:

After this mission ªlþhª™ takes the lead followed by |rsi|™ , |TG|, ^-P-^ and [RS].

You can see the leaderboard here.

Mission 3 is now released for public use, and can be downloaded here.

One team have left AzzCup during Mission 3. They did not sign in for a timeslot, or react on the mail send to them. See you next time guys. :(

We are looking forward to see the teams in the final mission. :lol:

Regards

Kamst :rocky:

Edited by Kamst[BAD]

cool can't wait to run this again I know some of my teammates would like to extract their REVENGE!!!!!

Extract there revenge ahhhy?? That sounds scary. lol. What ya gonna do pull there teeth out? Dont think you can do that in gr or over ts yet. Not sure thou.

cool can't wait to run this again I know some of my teammates would like to extract their REVENGE!!!!!

Extract there revenge ahhhy?? That sounds scary. lol. What ya gonna do pull there teeth out? Dont think you can do that in gr or over ts yet. Not sure thou.

@Chems

You would be amazed at what the members of the UE Clan are capable of. ;)

Stout Hearts

=UE=Warhawk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So finally AzzCup came to an end. After playing close to 100 missions, the winner was found last night.

We are proud to present the winner of AzzCup 2003:

1. Alpha Squad 340

Runners up this first year were:

2. RSi 310

3. TG 300

4. Phoenix Division 280

5. RAW 270

6. GR.NET 250

7. [RS] 240

8. Fort Chaos 200

9. 47th. 190

10-11. 151 & =UE= 180

12. =DTF= 150

13. =MS= 130 :sheep:

14. +SD 110

15. HOR 100

16. SRS 80

17. [GR] 60

18. 30+ 50

19. Alpha Strike 0

20. ETE_ 0, Kicked after 3. mission.

So this is how all the teams finished until this moment. This might be chanced within the next week, since we now are checking the replay files from Phoenix Division. The reason for this is that Lazaruz were caught using retlock and maybe siff at a server last week. If we don’t find anything this will not have any effect at the point given to Phoenix Division, since he was caught after they finished playing in AzzCup. :wall:

The missions used in AzzCup will be available for download at Wednesday, were you also can read our final tournament debriefing at BAD forum and Ghostrecon.dk forum.

We owe a great thanks to Tactical Gamer for providing us with the tournament server.

We also owe great thanks to RSI, Alpha Squad, and SOTOMac for letting us use their servers. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regards

Kamst :rocky:

Edited by Kamst[BAD]

We have chosen to disqualify Phoenix Division, based on the information that Lazarus might also have used SIFF & Retlock during the Azzcup tournement, and since there currently are reasonable doubt about Lazarus playing clean, we have decided not to spend anymore time on this matter.

We feel, that we cannot say with a 100% certainty if Lazarus is or isn´t cheating, due to the nature of the replays, and therefor have chosen to follow the same verdict of the replays that initially convicted Lazarus of cheating.

This decision is final, and will shift all positions on Azzcup, one slot up from the 4th position and downwards on the leaderboard.

We´re deeply sorry about having to do this against the rest of the Phoenix team, but since [bAD] MUST dedicate it´s time to the upcomming SR2004 tournement, aswell as other internalt projects, we feel that we cannot spend anymore delaying or discussing this decision.

gEPHION[bAD]

Responsible for Anti-cheat matters on [bAD]

Aswell as,

Kamst[bAD] & Kveldulv[bAD]

Edited by gEPHION[BAD]

This is the end of Phoenix Division. :nono: I will never forget this. To kill Laz is ok but to kill us on Azzcup after all hard work was enough. The clan Phoenix Division is no more. That is final.

Due to the current climate within the GR Community Phoenix Division withdraw themselves from all tournaments with immediate effect and relinquish all positions therein. We do this not in light of current revelations but more in demonstration of our solidarity as a Team. To dismiss one of our own is to lose part of ourselves; When one of ours dies we all die. The Phoenix Division are no more.

This is the end of Phoenix Division.  :nono:  I will never forget this. To kill Laz is ok but to kill us on Azzcup after all hard work was enough. The clan Phoenix Division is no more. That is final.

Due to the current climate within the GR Community Phoenix Division withdraw themselves from all tournaments with immediate effect and relinquish all positions therein. We do this not in light of current revelations but more in demonstration of our solidarity as a Team. To dismiss one of our own is to lose part of ourselves; When one of ours  dies we all die. The Phoenix Division are no more.

i understand your feelings but personaly what else could BAD do ? if a member of a team is accused of cheating and there is proof or a indication that he has cheated then im afraid it taints the whole team.

Edited by snakebite1967