Jump to content
Ghost Recon.net Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by bluntobject

  1. My first computer was an 8088. Not a Vic 20, but I don't know that you could call it advanced. It had 8 Mhz, and no hard drive. There were two 5.25 in. disk drives, and dos was on a disk. So if you wanted to run a program that required dos, you had to put dos in the top drive and the other disk in the bottom drive. When we got it, it was the coolest thing we had ever seen! :o

  2. Well, I don't have a lot to add to this thread except to say that it's good to see that it is possible to still have time to game and such when people are 'grown up'. (I'm 19) :rocky:

  3. I pretty much agree with all points made so far, but you gotta realize it's just another so called "reality" TV show to try and get ratings. I get a gut feeling (and I have no evidence of this) that most of these "reality" TV shows are staged anyways. :o Big shocker, eh? <_<

  4. When I think about it, I agree with you Warhawk. I know that baloons were used to keep watch out for u-boats, but the ones on the beachhead were unmanned. The observation balloons were a different type used in a different situation.

  5. Just wanted to state my opinion. I'm with Monty in that I do not think nukes are even a concievably viable resource here. We're after Saddam, his regime, and his illegal weapons. If the United States were to use nukes against Iraq under ANY circumstances, we would do maybe 20% damage to Saddam/Regime, and the other 80% would be to the environment and innocent people. Besides, can you think of the outrage it would cause in the rest of the world? Now I'm not a pacifist at all, and I do think that Saddam/Regime are evil, but nukes are not the answer here. I do think that he needs to be removed from power and that some people in the world have a strange misconception of him, thinking that if we ask nicely one more time he'll shape up. It is a matter of national interest to the U.S. though, cause if Saddam does have/get WMD's, he would no doubt supply them to a terrorist organization in a heart beat. I do wonder what he'd do if he see's that he's out of options and his regime is being taken out by force. (back to using chemical weapons on Coalition forces on Iraqi soil.)

    Just my humble opinion (sorry it's a bit long winded.)

  6. The balloons were used for several purposes by different forces at different times. Some of the most common uses were to post them on shorelines to look out for marauding u-boats. Also, they were held to the ground by high tension wires. These wires were small, hard to see, and meant to tear the wings off of low flying aircraft. (the germans placed them around power plants for that reason.)

    Just some quick info

  7. Thanks all for your replies, but I've tried quite a few things and they're not working. I can go to the command screen and click on different soldiers, but nothing happens. Maybe there is an option somewhere that I need to change that I don't know about. Anyways, thanks again, and I guess I'll just have to keep enjoying playing the game as only one character.

  • Create New...