Jump to content
Ghost Recon.net Forums

ArmedLightning

Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

ArmedLightning last won the day on July 4 2018

ArmedLightning had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

5 Neutral

About ArmedLightning

  • Rank
    Recruit - 3rd Class

Profile Information

  • PC Spec
    EVGA X-79 Dark
    Intel i7-4930K, 4400MHz
    G.Skill TridentX DDR3, 1200 MHz
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO, 120GB
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO, 1TB

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. --Update 2-- It appears the spawning issue and other artifacts are a result of modifying the "clip_plane" and "silhouette_base" values in the "settings\materials.xml" file. The behavior was consistent after testing a range of values, as a result the default values are recommended. Furthermore, too high of spawn values in the "units\mass.xml" will certainly lead to instability and crashing. I'm unsure if raising a particular entry too high is the cause or if it's a cumulative effect. The highest spawn values assigned to an object in the default file are "in=25000 out=25500". When applied t
  2. --Update-- It seems the my cause of instability was incompatible values between the "settings\materials.xml" and "units\mass.xml" files. At first blush it appears that spawn values cannot exceed the clip_plane value. Raising both the "clip_plane" and "silhouette_base" values or lowering the spawn values seems to alleviate the issue. This rule might also apply to clip_plane values for objects and props. Unfortunately, I've noticed a new issue concerning the spawning and de-spawning of a certain structures with the raised values. I'll attempt to try and isolate the cause. If any progress is
  3. Several years back I toyed around with the draw distance of props, clutter, etcetera. Unfortunately that work was lost and I had to dig in the recesses of memory to remember what all I had done and where I had left off. At any rate, having finally grown tired of the un-optimized clunky mess that is ArmA 3, I've begun to revisit some older titles. Starting from scratch, I've managed to identify many of files and settings that affect rendering of clutter, graffiti, etc. I make no guarantees regarding performance or stability. I haven't done extensive testing and at the moment I have stability
  4. HU - No Auto-Save Touching on a prior topic buried long ago, I've never been a fan of the auto-save function as each save (last checked in v1.00) weighs in at several MB each and can quickly add up. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a miser when it comes to SSD space. After some brief reading, I dived into Igor (having never touched it before) in an attempt to isolate the script function related to the auto-save. Fortunately, "Apex" was consistent in his work so isolating it was pretty easy. The hardest part was the tedious slog through each .GTF and .MIS file to excise the applicable block. A
×
×
  • Create New...